LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
mtones

DarkScape?

They kind of hide the fact that it is just Runescape - with the new PvP rules.

How is it:

Seems quite bad at the start:

"after 2 hrs of getting spawn killed i gave up, its pretty much runescape with the whole world being the wilderness and scaling level range pvp depending on how far you get away from spawn."

"Cant even play it currently, game is so laggy for me and when I hitting a loading area it takes 2-3 minutes to completely load on a ~1,000 population world."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/3l66xc/runescape_devs_launched_darkscape_a_full_loot/

So I tried it and I must say I don't see much point. If it had been there from the start, maybe. But I feel like there's no point trying to level again.

From what I've seen, it's almost impossible to get spawn killed because there are one-shotter guards all around spawn waiting for killers. There are people who do try to attack you, or wait till you're out of range of one-shotters, but they stupidly get led back to them and get insta-killed.

The biggest problem I've come across is not accidentally attacking people yourself. Movement is controlled by clicking, but so is combat. One miss-click and you're accidentally sticking your sword in someone and then getting guard-killed for it. Plus, I got to level 2 and crashed. It's pretty buggy.

Wow, that is disappointing.  it sounded kind of cool in theory.  Thanks for the feedback :)

Are there any decent PvP games out there which would offer something similar - that works?  I never thought I would ever get interested in PvP but lately with the experiences I have had in ESO I found I am kind of enjoying it despite myself... would like to try it in a different game that is actually working well (not GW2 pls) and which is zerg fest free if possible...

WoW has some really nice, fun PvP. I like doing the lower level battlegrounds. 

Runescape: I just can't get into it with the tiny characters. It turns me off.