LOTROCommunity

H1Z1 and GW2 are winners of Twitchcon

nosam9

I love twitch. Don't know if other people watch it, but it has a HUGE impact on game development.  Twitchcon is happening this weekend in SF, California.

Anyway, I was surprised to see that two games got HUGE coverage at twitchcon: H1Z1 and GW2. This will boost both of these games. I would guess the companies spent a lot of money to get these spotlights. GW2 is being streamed and showcased on Twitchcon all day. This establishes in my mind GW2 as one of the top MMOs alive today. I would call the big 3 current MMOs WoW, GW2 and FFXIV. EVE of course deserves mention.

Interestingly, SWTOR also is getting a spotlight at Twitchcon today. It is amazing to see MMO companies spend money on getting their game in the spotlight in comparison to WB and Turbine. Turbine completely refused to spend any money advertising Lotro when the Hobbit movies came out. They also refused to even advertise Lotro at the last PAX - because they wanted to show off Infinite Crisis as their main Turbine game. How did that work out for you Turbine?

GW2 does at least one Twitch livestream per week...they've been showcasing the specializations for the professions, PvP, lore, all sorts of stuff. It's fun and entertaining.

My only gripe is the chat, which I often have to close completely. It's loaded with trolls, kiddies, wannabe social justice warriors, and idiots spamming "SAB". They're often rude to the hosts and guests. Makes having any kind of a meaningful conversation there impossible.

Edited by Tanith
formatting

• 1 month later...

GW2 does at least one Twitch livestream per week...they've been showcasing the specializations for the professions, PvP, lore, all sorts of stuff. It's fun and entertaining.

My only gripe is the chat, which I often have to close completely. It's loaded with trolls, kiddies, wannabe social justice warriors, and idiots spamming "SAB". They're often rude to the hosts and guests. Makes having any kind of a meaningful conversation there impossible.

That's why I only pay attention to Guild chat or messages from friends in GW2