LOTROCommunity

Update 17 - What is it?

Wasn't the main leak U17 is Big Battles and class changes for 1 or 2 classes? And that Turbine refused to add crafting to housing because they said they would only do it if they can monetize it. So they may add some crafting and other facilities to housing areas for VIPs only.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh!, I get it... you're rping a self-important douche.  Great job! you really got in touch with the character.

I guess if you eat shit long enough you acquire a taste for it.

Eh? I've been invoked, so I appear. (This forum is still the best source of actual information about updates so I've been lurking). My assessment of Minas Tirith is similar to Warspeech's. I'll add my

Posted Images

Wasn't the main leak U17 is Big Battles and class changes for 1 or 2 classes? And that Turbine refused to add crafting to housing because they said they would only do it if they can monetize it. So they may add some crafting and other facilities to housing areas for VIPs only.

As far as I remember class changes and housing crafting was not for U17 but planned one the next months. 

especially the class updates were planned to be like 1-2 per year but not necessarily starting with U17.

Additionally Nymph must be so happy now with being able to disable combat music. 

Other than that I am curious what the update of the LI system means and how much more you will get out of a fully upgraded one compared to a fully upgraded not imbuedone and the costs in marks and meds to get there. 

Also I am surprised that they continued with the cosmetic weapon system and loosened the requirements a bit. I thought they would just let it be as they often do with things they introduce.

just got off of BR...minas tirith is what i was expecting, no more no less.  so, i guess that is a good thing?  it's quite large and you can tell it makes up the majority of the dev work for this update.  there are two other small towns, but MT is where the meat is.

they've done some changes to crafting.  first off, i'm surprised that we have new crafting icons lol.  they combined the resistance food into one item (which, i always thought should be one item).  but then they combined the trail food into one item (might, fate, vitality etc)...which, kind of seems lazy, but whatever.

no guild recipes.  it looks like you automatically get the recipes added to your list of craftable items?  so you have a purple version and a teal, but i'm not sure what the cd is on the teal as i didn't bother with it. not sure how i feel about that either...again, seems a bit lazy. it's only build 1, maybe that will change.

they are adding some buffs to the burg sigils so maybe CJs will come back into style (probably not)

didn't bother with the big battle as i loathe them and i'm sure its bugged lol

looks like we have two factions to grind rep with...and they appear to be in MT.

and of course, someone in world chat was complaining because it took too long to get to the top and back down to the bottom.  /shrug.

they've done some changes to crafting.  first off, i'm surprised that we have new crafting icons lol.  they combined the resistance food into one item (which, i always thought should be one item).  but then they combined the trail food into one item (might, fate, vitality etc)...which, kind of seems lazy, but whatever.

no guild recipes.  it looks like you automatically get the recipes added to your list of craftable items?  so you have a purple version and a teal, but i'm not sure what the cd is on the teal as i didn't bother with it. not sure how i feel about that either...again, seems a bit lazy. it's only build 1, maybe that will change.

I'll stop in quick to answer this, Edgecase (the dev that created the tier 10 system for U17) stated in the player's council that his primary goal for Anorien crafting was to reduce dev time needed to build a crafting tier by more than 50%.

Since they don't have enough staff to dedicate 1 dev to crafting and itemization, they needed to consolidate recipes, mats, fields, outputs in order to reduce the cost of new crafting / itemization tiers.

I appreciate them letting crafting mats stack to 500 now, that's like getting free storage upgrades, at least for me.

All in all, after being severely disappointed with Edoras,  and after the artistic horror of the giant stone heads/swan wings that was the rest of Gondor, I have to say I'm really happy with Minas Tirith.  It looks pretty good to me.

Edited by warspeech

I'll stop in quick to answer this, Edgecase (the dev that created the tier 10 system for U17) stated in the player's council that his primary goal for Anorien crafting was to reduce dev time needed to build a crafting tier by more than 50%.

Since they don't have enough staff to dedicate 1 dev to crafting and itemization, they needed to consolidate recipes, mats, fields, outputs in order to reduce the cost of new crafting / itemization tiers.

Sounds like a vibrant and thriving game to me!

1419451541.jpg

so...guild crests, we can just trash those?  sorry, but that is a big foul if you ask me.

i'm sure a lot of folks have been crafting guild crests waiting for the next crafting update and now we get nada?

@ Tinker

"Here is a very short video of Minas Tirith:"

I'll be honest it's not as bad as it could have been in apparent size/scope(nothing to bring me back) but it could have been worse
EDIT ok how do I get rid of the ghost video that's making my reply god awful huge?
Dbl edit more or less fixed
Edited by Bendin

so...guild crests, we can just trash those?  sorry, but that is a big foul if you ask me.

i'm sure a lot of folks have been crafting guild crests waiting for the next crafting update and now we get nada?

They actually announced on a livestream well over a month ago on the Aug 27th livestream that no new guild tier was coming in U17 tier 10 crafting.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?563664-Level-100-Crafting-and-above-a-plea&p=7433174#post7433174

http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/13083327

I appreciate them letting crafting mats stack to 500 now, that's like getting free storage upgrades, at least for me.

All in all, after being severely disappointed with Edoras,  and after the artistic horror of the giant stone heads/swan wings that was the rest of Gondor, I have to say I'm really happy with Minas Tirith.  It looks pretty good to me.

It certainly frees up space for me too.

Lol. It should take a while, or there's no point. Of course, it might take longer if you don't already have knowledge of where the ramps between tiers are.

There are convenient indicators on the map for ramps between tiers. Of course, I didn't realize this until I had spent 10 minutes running back and forth around the first tier. :)

• Upvote 1

So Minas Tirith basically has the same statue everywhere? One of the beta testers said maybe those are place holders - but I fear they are not. MT looks so-so to me, but looks like they tried to reuse a lot of building art so it doesn't have it's own style imo. But all I have seen are videos.

So Minas Tirith basically has the same statue everywhere? One of the beta testers said maybe those are place holders - but I fear they are not. MT looks so-so to me, but looks like they tried to reuse a lot of building art so it doesn't have it's own style imo. But all I have seen are videos.

Yep, an Argonath-style guy holding one arm out.  All over the place.  I'm not so sure they're place-holders either.  

Of course it is all recycled.  There are wings all over the place as well like DA.  They could have at the very least attempted to make them a little different.

Edited by Amenhir

Makes you think it was rushed. They probably put just enough man power on MT to get it ready, but not enough to actually make it well done.

actually, now that i've seen what they have done it build 2, i have to disagree.  some of it looks amazing, especially considering how old the game engine is.

i have to disagree.  some of it looks amazing, especially considering how old the game engine is.

That is good to hear. Do you think the same statue over and over looks a bit bad?

I do agree it looks decent. My main feeling watching it was this looks like other architecture in Lotro, and I wished they made a new architecture for this city.

Edited by nosam9