LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

10 remaining Servers & size...

They are updated them in their messy form. I'll adjust the x-axis and things when I get a chance. For those who know how to read them you can figure server size and things.

http://wavehh.dyndns.org/lo/

This directory has plain per-server graphs

http://wavehh.dyndns.org/lo/graphs/

Here is the total:  [the editor in this forum stinks, what is it doing?]

%7Boption%7Dplot-all-mean.jpg

On 12/15/2015 at 5:34 AM, Thrabath said:

I'm curious to see what will happen now Snowbourn is open for transfers, are their good statistics for multiple days that can show a sudden increase in evernight f.e.?

well weekend has completed and Snowbourn has risen.  & whilst a reset did occur, the first server in the launcher remains the same.  rankings by login:

1.) Evernight  *just ahead of Crickhollow by a hair

2.) Crickhollow *still recommended

3.) Gwaihir *depending on time of day, this will flip positions with Brandywine

4.) Brandywine

5.) Landroval

6.) Arkenstone

7.) Laurelin *receiving at least some incoming traffic from Snowbourn as it has passed Gladden

8.) Gladden *did not get bumped to first position of recommended in the launcher this reset.

9.) Belegaer

10.) Sirannon

lotro-eu5-gauge-0-day.pnglotro-us5-gauge-0-day.png

24 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

well weekend has completed and Snowbourn has risen.  & whilst a reset did occur, the first server in the launcher remains the same.  rankings by login:

1.) Snowbourn  *just ahead of Crickhollow by a hair

Nice to see we've taken over Evernight so much that it's now called Snowbourn! :P

Why not, the transfers have already renamed us several things :P

Everswindle

Snownightgileldar

Withynight

Eversnow

EverEldar

19 hours ago, Doro said:

Nice to see we've taken over Evernight so much that it's now called Snowbourn! :P

oops, fixed.

I wouldn't take the login figures to heart until after Winter-home is turned off, as there is the once-a-day grant of a gift that gives anything from festival tokens to marks/meds to a tier 1 stat tome.  Many will be going through alts to get a chance at the tomes, which will increase logins (WAI).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dalthalion said:

I wouldn't take the login figures to heart until after Winter-home is turned off, as there is the once-a-day grant of a gift that gives anything from festival tokens to marks/meds to a tier 1 stat tome.  Many will be going through alts to get a chance at the tomes, which will increase logins (WAI).

*waves* Yeah, I'm doing that.  It's all I'm doing, though - not really playing beyond that one winterhome quest on each alt.

1 hour ago, warspeech said:

*waves* Yeah, I'm doing that.  It's all I'm doing, though - not really playing beyond that one winterhome quest on each alt.

If they made Winter-home an open instance that one could join from the Specific Tab of the Instance Finder, then one could do the Winter-home thing and then not have to re-locate from where one is questing/deeding/SLTT.

the winter holidays are indeed a boon time for LoTRO & have been pretty much as far back as there are records.  STEAM certainly shows December & January as green (gain months) as long as there are records & this year is no different:

http://steamcharts.com/app/212500#1y

anyway, with January concluded here are the current standings by log-ins among the remaining 10:

lotro-alle-gauge-0-day.png

1.) Evernight    (54,833)

2.) Brandywine (53,915)

3.) Gwaihir       (51,628)

4.) Crickhollow (51,281)

5.) Landroval   (46,685)

6.) Arkenstone (45,556)

7.) Laurelin      (37,449)

8.) Gladden     (32,052)

9.) Belegaer    (31,968)

10.) Sirannon  (26,116)

so it looks like the bulk of the closing servers have now moved & with the EU Snowbourn being the last, Evernight has pushed out in front, by a little.

Crickhollow is still the recommended, but with populations now almost entirely consolidated, even that seems to now not be enough to push it ahead of what are now, "The BIG 3" (Evernight, Brandywine & Gwahair.)

& the French server Sirannon is in a convincing last place.

lotro-population-sirannon.png

one last bit of commentary on my observations, whilst logins are one metric, concurrency overall still seems best on Brandywine as that draws players from the greatest number of time-zones & whilst Arkenstone is unofficially the Oceanic and should also have a good 24 hour population, the vast majority of Russian players who've made Brandy home seem to give this server a more stable average player concurrency.

Yule Fest part 2 is over now, might be a good time to take a server activity snapshot again soon to see how things look, especially now that "the issues have mostly cleared up". :r

well it looks like i am eating a bit of crow from my last post about Crickhollow...

On 2/1/2016 at 5:57 PM, LasraelLarson said:

Crickhollow is still the recommended, but with populations now almost entirely consolidated, even that seems to now not be enough to push it ahead of what are now, "The BIG 3" (Evernight, Brandywine & Gwahair.)

never count out that recommended status, and Crickhollow still holds the recommended server slot.

as of March 1, 2016, here is the order of the top 10 remaining servers by log-ins:

lotro-alle-gauge-0-day.png

1.) Crickhollow    91,817

2.) Evernight       87,753

3.) Arkenstone    82,911

4.) Gwaihir          80,958

5.) Brandywine   79,823

6.) Landroval     76,425

7.) Laurelin        61,357

8.) Gladden       54,888

9.) Belegaer      48,190

10.) Sirannon    42,905

lotro-us5-gauge-1-week.png

lotro-eu5-gauge-1-week.png

so with February being the month of free transfers off Brandywine coming to a close & one significant sized Kinship migrating from Brandywine to Arkenstone, plus partial moves of others...  that seems to be enough from a perspective of logins to push Brandywine down the list, whilst pushing Arkenstone above Landroval.

with this month being free transfers off Arkenstone (& Gwaihir) will be interesting to see what changes there.

anyway, it looks like they caught up with the backlog of failed transfers:

Feb 26 2016, 10:13 AM

Transfer Queue is caught up

Good News to share today! CS just informed me that they have caught up to all the tickets in the server transfer queue. What this means for you is that if you were waiting on assistance for a failed transfer, you should be all set in your new world now, and if you are not please notify CS so they can look into it for you. And if you were waiting on transferring because you knew help with a failure might take a matter of weeks due to the backlog, you should be clear to move now and assistance should come in a matter of days if not hours.

Thank you,

Vyvyanne

so it would seem they are still on target to close down the 19 Servers:

Feb 24 2016, 11:24 AM

April 4th, 2016 the Closing worlds will no longer be available to play on, but your characters will all remain available for transfer to an active world through the transfer wizard indefinitely. We will be sending our email reminders on this shortly.

and free transfers will conclude at the end of June.  so the need to update this more than once a month is kind of overkill IMO. 

but what seems to be the case overall so far...  the 10th place server is almost exactly half the size (by log-ins) of the first place server.  the concurrency picture could be entirely different.

15 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

but your characters will all remain available for transfer to an active world through the transfer wizard indefinitely

Reading that makes me wonder whether I need to keep an entry for "indefinitely" ready for the dictionary, just in case.

SNy

I was trying to see how the population has been affected by the last month. There must be a lot of people who quit.

I can't believe that for more than a month they have let the server problems go on. They should have rolled back to the original servers once they realized they could not fix these problems.

2 minutes ago, nosam9 said:

I was trying to see how the population has been affected by the last month. There must be a lot of people who quit.

I can't believe that for more than a month they have let the server problems go on. They should have rolled back to the original servers once they realized they could not fix these problems.

the French servers are the easiest to see, from what point transfers started & the course of activity via logins, since that time:

weekly-logins-fr-thumb.png

where the pink line (representing Estel) drops to almost nothing & the yellow line (representing Sirannon) jumps up at the same point is the place you can observe the log-in patterns since transfers started.  then compare the others:

weekly-logins-en-thumb.png

weekly-logins-de-thumb.png

weekly-logins-us-thumb.png

you can see the initial transfers bloated log-in numbers somewhat & as the transfers progressed, log-ins have dropped slightly over time.

additionally until the end of June there will be some shifts on the remaining servers as folk are allowed to move, some will.

as for rolling back...  i very much doubt they have such provisions in their contracts, especially "IF" saving money was the prime reason, as allowances for time extensions & such...  well i can't see very many scenarios where those allowances would drop the price, rather the opposite.

Thanks for these graphs, Las! 

7 hours ago, SNy said:

Reading that makes me wonder whether I need to keep an entry for "indefinitely" ready for the dictionary, just in case.

SNy

I think that would be a good idea, you'll probably need it. 

2 hours ago, Darmokk said:

yearsall.jpg

nice to see the graph has been updated.

so far this years peak (for log-ins) looks to be somewhere around the January 10 2016, (or after the 7th, but before the 14th).

that blip from what looks to be about October 20th. to about the 26th. is weird, but i guess that might have been the harvest fest?

whilst log-ins are slightly lower than last year...  from in game perspective, with less servers, it feels busier.

anyway, nice to see it is current again.

I think that October blip might be from one of the transfer periods, and the accompanied rush of people to get to their new server/get off their old one.

I know I logged in to see which Character ended up where :D

2 hours ago, warspeech said:

I think that October blip might be from one of the transfer periods, and the accompanied rush of people to get to their new server/get off their old one.

was that when Turbine opened transfers up briefly on the 10 servers slated to remain, only to close down fairly abruptly a few days later?

Rankings by log-ins:

1.)  Crickhollow  *still recommended

2.) Evernight

3.) Gwaihir

4.) Brandywine

5.) Arkenstone

6.) Landroval

7.) Laurelin

8.) Belegaer

9.) Gladden

10.) Sirannon

lotro-us5-gauge-0-day.png

lotro-eu5-gauge-0-day.png

with the scheduled server closures on April 4th.  will be interesting to see just what is left that can be added to the remaining 10.  even though most have transferred by now, there are still some stragglers.

lotro-closing-gauge-0-day.png

Thanks for the update. I really wish they'd remove Crick as recommended server. Ironically, I chose Crick because it was one of the lowest populated surviving servers...at the time. 8)7

• Upvote 1

Crick has nonsensically stuck as recommended. The kynik in me suspects the switch setting the recommended world is broken :P

40 minutes ago, Urwendil said:

Crick has nonsensically stuck as recommended. The kynik in me suspects the switch setting the recommended world is broken :P

Fired the last person there who knows such a things as a recommended world exists? :)