LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

10 remaining Servers & size...

I am a bit shocked to realize all those servers are gone now, and to see just the 10 left. Weird to see those worlds gone.

3 hours ago, Darmokk said:

Fired the last person there who knows such a things as a recommended world exists? :)

It disturbingly makes more sense every day 8)7

11 hours ago, Tinker said:

Thanks for the update. I really wish they'd remove Crick as recommended server. Ironically, I chose Crick because it was one of the lowest populated surviving servers...at the time. 8)7

Same here.  |:(

13 hours ago, Tinker said:

Thanks for the update. I really wish they'd remove Crick as recommended server. Ironically, I chose Crick because it was one of the lowest populated surviving servers...at the time. 8)7

perhaps they have some internal metric of how long the average new player sticks to the game, before quitting & have this extended window to hold as recommended in order to sustain the smaller base that sticks? of course that assumes Turbine pays that much attention, which is doubtful.

regardless, whenever they do switch Crickhollow out of the number one slot, the current player bubble it has will almost immediately start to deflate as new intake churn opts for the new recommended spot, which i would assume would be Gladden.

anyway, "if" Turbine actually gave the appearance of paying attention, you'd have thought they'd have switched the recommended position a couple maintenance restarts back.

8 hours ago, nosam9 said:

I am a bit shocked to realize all those servers are gone now, and to see just the 10 left. Weird to see those worlds gone.

those other servers are still open until this Monday, April 4, 2016.  that also assumes Turbine remembers the actual date they set for the closure of those other 19 worlds.

lotro-closing-gauge-0-day.png

considering there has been no actual update, or recent reminder communications...  we shall see if this Monday those above worlds actually do become unplayable.  will be interesting to see if they do them all at once, which could potentially get the transfer service busy again, or do them in stages as well.

regardless, those worlds are still open to play on today (Saturday) & tomorrow (Sunday) and at the very least until Turbine employees start showing up for work Monday morning.  maybe longer depending on if they actually recall their termination date of April 4th.

Dec 11 2015, 03:42 PM #15

Vyvyanne

Data Center Update and Free Transfer Period Announcement

While we are still working through some kinks in upgrading from 32-bit to 64bit Operating Systems for our new hardware, we have come to the last of the list of opening closing worlds for transfer. On Dec 14th Snowbourn will be opened for transfer.
All closing worlds will then be available for transfer.

We will also be offering Free transfers between remaining worlds following the below schedule.
• Dec 7th- Jan 3rd: Arkenstone & Gwaihir
• Jan 4th- 10th: Landroval & Belegaer
• Jan 11th- 17th: Crickhollow & Sirannon
• Jan 18th- Jan 24th: Gladden & Laurelin
• Jan 25th- Feb 29th: Brandywine & Evernight
• March 1st- 31st: Arkenstone & Gwaihir
• April 1st - May 1st: Landroval & Belegaer
• May 2nd- May 31st: Crickhollow & Sirannon
• June 1st- 30th: Gladden & Laurelin

Please note that transfers off of closing worlds will remain free permanently regardless of schedule.
All Closing worlds will no longer be available for play on April 4th 2016. Characters will remain available for transfer to an open world.

Once again we are grateful for your patience throughout this process that took longer than any of us expected, but we are very excited about this upgrade and the boosted activity on the top ten worlds and we hope you are as well!

Thank you,
Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
Executive Producer- Lord of the Rings Online

• Upvote 1