LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
vr00mie

The Memory of Eldurim

It certainly does look nice for an indie game, but I'm still wary as fuck of this one.

• The dev responds to every single negative review and attempts to downplay them.
  • It's a game that they admit is no where near done but it has a base price of £15.
  • They claimed to be updating this 'weekly', but from the update history page they seem to have reduced that to anywhere between 1 - 4 months.
  • It's been in alpha for almost 2 years now and still not near completion, which makes me think it never will be.
  • The CryEngine seems to be their biggest selling point (makes the graphics look alright, even if animation looks clunky).

Looks like the hobby of a couple of friends that completely misjudged the value of the thing they're tinkering with. Good luck to them, but fuck does it reek of a money grab.

As I understood it, it's just 2 guys building it, so yeah, many years left until this is actually a game...

As always with early access, any money spent should be considered down the drain until proven otherwise (i.e. don't expect to get anything in return for your money)

(tbf, 2 years in development is no time at all, even if it was a full studio making it)

Will be interesting to follow this one, see where it leads (or abruptly stops)

This is single player RPG right?

Well anyway, looks interesting for an indie production. That's certain, but I'll wait for full finished production.  Playing alpha/beta/unifinished version of games, especially SP games is not my cup of tea in 99,99% of cases.

tl;dr

Seem like a good job for a project done with only 2 people, I will wait for finished project though before any purcharse or playing.