LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Data Centre Move on 11th January 2016.

18 hours ago, dalibut said:

Ty guys for your answers, yeah I thought coming back as a sub but yeah I think atm is not worth paying sub for lotro, expecially without EU servers.

Watched some Star Wars today, got SW adrenalin, bought 60 days of swtor sub again althou I said never again :P , big mistake but hell at least they have EU servers, althou customer service sucks but I don't think Turbine is any better.

Tried WoW just can't make myself play that thing.

It would be great if there would be some old-time servers like pre-Isen expansions only, without f2p stuff, that would be worth playing I think (and subbing).

Yeah I agree with Brrokk try it for yourself. 

Yeah no private servers for Lotro, no one has dedicated the time.  So no time warping.  I'm aware of private WOW servers as I play on a WOTLK one.  Trust me when I say that I enjoyed the trait system and was devastated when they went to the old World of Warcraft skill tree.  Which is why I can't play WOW past WOTLK.  I realize how much I miss being able to dip into 2 trees on my shaman where I can heal and dps under the same spec until level 68ish.

Well, Freelorn admitted a few weeks back that the move to the new Datacenters was about saving costs.  And Turbine seems quite fine with the problems caused in Lotro by the move.

On April 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM, nosam9 said:

Well, Freelorn admitted a few weeks back that the move to the new Datacenters was about saving costs.  And Turbine seems quite fine with the problems caused in Lotro by the move.

What do they care?  They don't play the game.

They apparently managed to solve a lot of the lag especially in raids/instances (and also PvP?) 

I'm really curious why it took them so extremely long. 

I thought it was determined after the move that they had obviously screwed up network routing inside their facility.

I guess they had an intern rewire the thing?