LOTROCommunity

If they never fix the new problems in Lotro ...

nosam9

26 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

When your first post in the thread contains what I bolded above, in a thread that I have not acknowledged your feeble existence in, what reaction did you expect?

Especially when it was Papi (not me) that mentioned your stupid ass.

If you're gonna try to flame me, I'm gonna fight back.  You stop, I stop.

He's got your there Snowball.  It would appear to me that you were lurking in the thread and when you saw an opportunity to inject some bs, you took it.  I understand unrequited love is a terrible thing to deal with, been there done that, but sometimes you just gotta move on.  

Anywho...  Turbine doesn't know how good they have it with the player base they have.  Anyone who really couldn't care less about Lotro and it's deterioration wouldn't even deign to post in this forum or the OF.  People do care about something they loved for so long being systematically destroyed by incompetence.  I'm not much for conspiracy theories but at this point there ineptitude almost seems deliberate.  No group of people could be this stupid and still be able to function.

55 minutes ago, Ardraug said:

I love using gifs, so fuck you with a 10-foot cactus.

Also, they're useful for summing up what would otherwise be walls of text.  Reading this thread, here's one for you:

giphy.gif

So apparently you show your belly a lot.  Why reiterate what I already said?  Did you find my post unclear?  

54 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

He's got your there Snowball.  It would appear to me that you were lurking in the thread and when you saw an opportunity to inject some bs, you took it.  I understand unrequited love is a terrible thing to deal with, been there done that, but sometimes you just gotta move on.

As usual you guys guess and miss the mark with your guesses.  I was told I was called out, came here, saw it.  Really that simple.  

5 minutes ago, Snowlock said:

As usual you guys guess and miss the mark with your guesses.  I was told I was called out, came here, saw it.  Really that simple.  

Let me give you an example of what being "called out" actually looks like.

"Yo Snowlock! bring your pasty ass to these forums and try that shit!"  

another find example would be.

"Snowlock, meet me in the playground after school so I can kick your ass."

I stopped reacting to that kind of thing in junior high.  

15 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Let me give you an example of what being "called out" actually looks like.

"Yo Snowlock! bring your pasty ass to these forums and try that shit!"  

another find example would be.

"Snowlock, meet me in the playground after school so I can kick your ass."

I stopped reacting to that kind of thing in junior high.  

So, you tried to flame me with some stupid supposition to motivation, and now that you have been informed that your supposition is incorrect, you decide to flame me by playing with definitions.   Dude, I don't give a shit about this nonsense.  I got called out, I posted.  You all want to cry about it, pile on and whatever..  well that's what you all do; just like the old OF under Sapience.  Leave my name out of your mouths, and since Nutty's passed on, I really have no reason to venture here because these forums, not the OF, are like the old Sapience days now.

I love it when people play the "I have no use for you and you're beneath me" bullshit.  You do care, you commented.  PERIOD.  When I don't care about something it doesn't even become a blip on my radar.  Someone mentioned a post you made and linked it, big deal.  You came here to stir up additional shit and then picked a fight with someone who hadn't even mentioned you.  You chose to involve yourself in the convo and not give anything in the way of constructive or intellectual discourse.  You chose to call someone a retard.  So get off the high horse or shut the fuck up.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

How does TSW handle stat creep?

Stat Creep hasn't really been an issue.

In absolute top end gear, if you have no clue how to play you are going to die in whatever the current end-game landscape is, and you can still die even knowing how to play in the zone before as well if you fuck up.

For the current content AEGIS is what blocked power creep.By adding the AEGIS to mobs you can be as awesome as all get out but if you don't have AEGIS yourself, you die, period. On top of that, usually a change in builds is required to start a new zone. For example when we got to Tokyo, the Mobs used abilities faster than mobs before plus they have a lot of AOE. Those that had a very bad time in Tokyo all boiled down to one thing, refusal to adapt. Early Tokyo needs a self heal, and an interrupt is pretty damned handy. By the time Tokyo released we didn't need those things so much in Transylvania, and at this point Tokyo doesn't really need them either, though I keep both on my bar and do use the heal regularly.

And of course it depends what kind of player you are, Top End players can burn through the pre Tokyo NM's fast, in the Tokyo instances it's still possible to wipe, the 3 NM Raids have been out for 2 or 3 months and a Cabal just got the first completion tonight. These are a static group of top end players and it took months for them to beat it once, The NM raids will be difficult for most players for a very very long time as in years.

Even the Tokyo Dungeons make power creep a non issue by making mechanics that make the DPS slow down/stop, getting to the point to be able to do away with the mechanics and just burn through is also far away.

Even the old dungeons for the average player in good gear requires paying attention and some of the harder bosses are still cock-blocks to avg players.

The main issues with TSW are:

They skip on polish to things like the UI, they spend minimum on things that the community can fix with add-ons, the plus to that is they use the largest part of their resources on their strong points, cut scenes, story, etc.

No big updates - we get frequent updates but they are not 100 mission type affairs, it's a steady stream of like 5 missions or more with the occasional 10-20 mission update

Bad or no Tutorials, this is a two edged sword, on one hand it makes getting into the swing of things hard, on the other hand it's nice to not have it all layed out for you and gets you involved in the community which is an amazing group of people overall. So if you like to learn on your own and chat with people it's a great thing, if you get frustrated easily it's a bitch.

It isn't a game for people who want every skill available constantly and there is no "one-build" to rule them all. You want to have multiple builds for various situations, so if you like to learn what you need where, and like being able and needing to change things up, then it's great, if not.....

Combat is not as "snappy" as people may like.

17 hours ago, Snowlock said:

I'm encouraging an executive producer who doesn't want to talk to us, to talk to us.  I still like LOTRO (mainly because it's LOTR) and I like to hear about what is coming up because it is in my nature to like previews.  So I want this producer to talk to her community for that reason.  She didn't break LOTRO, she was on DDO, I guess I have the common sense to not fault a person for issues that arose prior to ones involvement.  Nor am I so stupid or reactionary to simply rail against an entity regardless of who is at the controls, as if the entity itself can make a change in something.

Like I told retard boy at the help desk, being a hater is just the other side of the coin of being a fanboi, as unconditional anything, love or hate, is irrational, and thus, stupid.

i'm sure she appreciates your encouragement...??

communication has never been Turbine's strong point and the current team is continuing that trend.  the mere fact that they waited until the friday before the migration to the new data center to clarify that the EU move was being put on hold speaks volumes.  so i'm not going to praise an executive producer for making a generic statement telling the player base what they already know, without a single "sorry" or "we apologize" in the message.  that is like saying you respect someone simply because they come to work on time on a regular basis.  there is no going "above and beyond" with turbine...this becomes even more glaring when you compare it to other mmo companies who go out of their way NOT to hide things from their customers and when they fuck up (regardless if it was under their watch or not), they own it, apologize for it and keep the people who supply their income in the loop.

now, if Turbine didn't have a history of this sort of shit (which, you seem to have selective memory in regards to), the majority of us probably wouldn't be "railing against an entity"

6 hours ago, Papi said:

that is like saying you respect someone simply because they come to work on time on a regular basis.  there is no going "above and beyond" with turbine...this becomes even more glaring when you compare it to other mmo companies who go out of their way NOT to hide things from their customers and when they fuck up (regardless if it was under their watch or not), they own it, apologize for it and keep the people who supply their income in the loop.

That is such an apt comparison!

"Thanks for coming to work at 9 and leaving at 5, just like your contract obliges you to! Oh, and it would be so awesome if you did actually do something tomorrow, while you're here?"

The next time a Thank You post shows up over there, Someone might want to try that as a reply. :P

SNy

1 hour ago, SNy said:

"Thanks for coming to work at 9 and leaving at 5, just like your contract obliges you to! Oh, and it would be so awesome if you did actually do something tomorrow, while you're here?"

The next time a Thank You post shows up over there, Someone might want to try that as a reply. :P

SNy

I'd be careful, though. My final ban was because I refused to praise Celestrata for not doing his job. A 'thank you' thread came up, so I pointed out that he'd only made a few posts in the past month so he clearly wasn't even doing what he was supposed to be doing, let alone going above and beyond. That copped me a perma ban.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Snowlock said:

Oh, so you knew to whom I referrred.  

Look at the other come in try to play the victim now.  He PM you?  Or you just a fellow emo in arms.  Whatever.  I didn't just wander here, I was called out.  You don't like it, worry about that.

In all honesty, we can do without shit like this here. Using emo as an insult is so 2006.

10 hours ago, Papi said:

i'm sure she appreciates your encouragement...??

communication has never been Turbine's strong point and the current team is continuing that trend.  the mere fact that they waited until the friday before the migration to the new data center to clarify that the EU move was being put on hold speaks volumes.  so i'm not going to praise an executive producer for making a generic statement telling the player base what they already know, without a single "sorry" or "we apologize" in the message.  that is like saying you respect someone simply because they come to work on time on a regular basis.  there is no going "above and beyond" with turbine...this becomes even more glaring when you compare it to other mmo companies who go out of their way NOT to hide things from their customers and when they fuck up (regardless if it was under their watch or not), they own it, apologize for it and keep the people who supply their income in the loop.

now, if Turbine didn't have a history of this sort of shit (which, you seem to have selective memory in regards to), the majority of us probably wouldn't be "railing against an entity"

Turbine have always been rather shite at communication. They were exceptionally shite at it during my 2 years in the Player Council.

The only thanks I need for going in and doing the job I was hired to do is the wageslip I get on payday(altho, naturally, I wouldn't complain if it contained a few thousand more each month)

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a class system, or are they doing it more free form where you pick X skills with Y constraints, and you go from there?

There's a class system based on types of weapons (two types can be wielded at once) and a levelling system based on points to unlock traits and skills.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a class system, or are they doing it more free form where you pick X skills with Y constraints, and you go from there?

There is no class system.

There are 9 weapons, 3 magic, 3 ranged, 3 melee, that you can have any 2 equipped, you can have all 9 available. Skills are divided into 2 sections Active and Passive. At any given time you can have 7 of each type equipped for use. Active abilities are restricted to those for that weapon, Passive Abilities can be from any weapon.

Some weapons are better for certain roles than others, for example the Fist weapon is a big Healing weapon but it also is used in DPS and Tank builds. Most weapons are solid in 2 roles if not all 3, Healing is the most restrictive pretty much requiring one of your equipped weapons to be Fist, Blood, or Assault Rifle, with your second weapon being wide open to choice. But even with that "restriction" your healing could be straight up healer (fist), shield type healer (blood) or a dps healer - leech (assault rifle).

Skills do the same things, no constraints, no matter what role you are filling. For example Blades are common for Tanks and Melee DPS with the same skills available for all roles.

Tanks come in many flavors, Healtank, literally healing themselves and the group, standard type Tank, Bufftanks, DPS heavy Tanks.... all using different weapon/skill combinations.

Which role you are doing is a matter of which skills you equip from your weapons.

As you play you gain Skill Points and Ability Points, you use these to be able to use higher QL weapons and gear and to buy/open skills, eventually you will have everything opened and available. So yea you might be in a Dungeon and be Healtanking with no other healer, then get to a boss and swap to a straight tank, a dps swaps to a leech heal build and it would be possible both are using the same weapons as before just a different set of skills.

10 hours ago, SNy said:

SNy

The only time my boss thanks me is when I do more than expected.  "You know the clock says 17:15, right?  C'mon, you did good; go home."  "Yeah yeah, but I want to get a day's grace on this, so I'm going to finish it up and send it out by tonight's courier."  "Well, I appreciate it, but at least get going before the janitors show up, so they can vacuum under your desk.  See you tomorrow."  (We have that sort of relationship, and a lot of my tasks stretch over days if not weeks.)

Now, if I was ever late on a commitment I made or didn't show up for work, I sure wouldn't be getting thanks.  Everything between regular working hours is covered in my compensation, and I don't need thanks for that, because that's my iron-clad contract with my employer, in that ( a ) I come in and work the full time and ( b ) he pays me for it.  Now, when a client thanks me, that's just residual for me, because ( a ) I ultimately don't work for the client and ( b ) I'm already compensated for doing my job by my employer.  It's nice, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me.

Nah, lol.

We've actually been having issues today again, but as late as 9:30 tonight they were still letting us know what was up and did a restart. I don't think they expected how popular Shambala was going to be. I expected a lot of people, but I'm shocked at the sheer volume, I was still getting less than 2 min pops at 5:30 this morning and except for times with issues it's been the same all day today.

They'll get it straightened out, it's just gonna take some time, typical for a new system and zone, I just really like that they stay on top of it and we don't go days without any replys or fixes happening.

Marvel Heroes just did their 2016 rebrand on Friday, and they've already had a patch for bug fixes yesterday and have one coming up again this morning.  They keep people well informed, and interact in the forums in threads about problems people are experiencing.  They also do a weekly post every Monday about what they're working on that week.

There's the usual gripe fests about the game and the company, but also a *lot* of community-sponsored giveaways of gear and new heroes/costumes/store stuff - I've never seen a game where so many people just give stuff to other players that way Marvel Heroes players do.

I think Turbine has spent too many years believing the IP would gloss over alot of the game's shortcomings and downright failures.  Unfortunately it has kind of worked.  The LotR setting is the only reason the game still exists.  A lot of the players that are downright pissed off about what's happening to the game don't take them to task about it, they simply stop playing.  They had years of having a staunchly loyal number of players who spent more time kissing their ass and deriding anyone who even attempted to speak ill of them.  After Sapience left that number of supporters has been dwindling.

They will never be totally forthcoming with anything regarding Lotro and when they do shut the whole thing down we'll be lucky if we get a month notice.  Whether the rank and file employees care is irrelevant because whomever is calling the shots is instructing them to be as vague as possible.  They remind me of politicians.  

Turbine:  We are looking into the current hardware issues and we hope to have a fix some time in the future.
Player A:  Could you give us an idea of when you would be moving the EU data center to Amsterdam or if that is even still a possibility?
Turbine:  We are looking into that and hopefully we will more details in the future.
Player B:  So are you saying the data center is not moving to Amsterdam?
Turbine:  It depends on what your definition of is, is.

They are always "looking" into stuff which means they have no idea what they're doing because the alternative is that they're liars.  

We finally have some better info on why the performance of Lotro can be so bad on a good PC. 
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?596801-Next-Up-Client-Performance-Issues  

So many people love to argue the game is fine and they have no lag and no issues. They can't really pretend now that the client is fine and nothing is wrong with the game.

Do people think they will ever fix the current server issues? I think they might, but it will look kind of bad if they can't fix them, and then have to announce that there will be no EU servers.  

Maybe the best plan for them will be to never say anything definite about the EU servers. People will eventually stop asking about them.