LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Papi

Worldwide digital games market: 2015 total

4 hours ago, Papi said:

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

interesting info, i was surprised (sort of) to see WoW still doing so well since they recently lost a lot of subs.  i'd like to see the list expanded a bit though.

a ray of hope:  the pc games are beating the mobile games, i hope that trend continues.  

If the industry gives us quality games (read: not a billion Call of Duty clones), then we'll buy them.

I'd also put forth the argument that PC gaming is one of the reasons why Windows is so dominant.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'd also put forth the argument that PC gaming is one of the reasons why Windows is so dominant

Until the second something outperforms DirectX, which I'm hoping OpenGL will be doing soon.... or WINE and its children finally handles DX11.  I'd bet on OpenGL however, DX11 progress for WINE looks promising but so did progress on DX10 at one point so not gonna be overly optimistic.

1 hour ago, Ardraug said:

Until the second something outperforms DirectX, which I'm hoping OpenGL will be doing soon.... or WINE and its children finally handles DX11.  I'd bet on OpenGL however, DX11 progress for WINE looks promising but so did progress on DX10 at one point so not gonna be overly optimistic.

From what I've seen over the years, Linux has always looked promising, but I've yet to actually see it do so because Microsoft is smart enough to get DirectX fixed, and then iterate, like we're seeing DX12 starting to be a thing.

Lineage 1 #6

And #2 and #3 are games I haven't even heard of...

Time to do some  googling I guess...

EDIT: CrossFire is apparently a korean Counter-Strike clone....

EDIT2: Dungeon Fighter Online is a korean 2D sidescroller MMO... what the fuck has happened to this world....

10 minutes ago, vr00mie said:

Lineage 1 #6

And #2 and #3 are games I haven't even heard of...

Time to do some  googling I guess...

EDIT2: Dungeon Fighter Online is a korean 2D sidescroller MMO... what the fuck has happened to this world....

There's more people in the East that have picked up gaming?

5 hours ago, vr00mie said:

Not so sure what you're exactly surprised at?

Asians monetizing low-cost games to make millions of $$ is a thing that is happening for like 15+ years.

That is why some players here in west were terrified when F2P were becoming a thing in mainstream western gaming several years ago.  Because they knew that western corporations will try to do exactly same thing that asian corporations were doing in Asia for quite some time.