LOTROCommunity
Ilyana

Misconceptions on Landroval as to what an official RP server entails

I've just been reading this thread on the Landroval server forum at Turbine

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?397586-The-advantages-of-RE-over-RP-server

Seems to be a lot of misconceptions about "enforced rp" and things like Weatherstock not being permitted!

Could someone with an existing Turbine account please go and answer (nicely!) and set there minds at rest. (ie: that there is no such thing as "enforced rp", and that rp doesn't have to fit with the lore - people can choose whether to participate or not)

You could comment on the same article on the CSTM site here: http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/2011/06/opinion-the-advantages-of-re-over-rp/

No account needed. :)

well laurelin is clearly still being seem as a walhalla for rp-ers, with rp all the time and very strickt rules and...

*sigh*

do they actually keep thinking we rp 24/7 on all channels?

It's been explained to them time and time again, but they're not too quick on the uptake of new information, it seems.

(especially when it cancels out a reason for them to have a whinge or 9)

lol yes they have a quite wrong idea about what role-play is on Laurelin.

They will be extremely vexed when they realise that things look more or less the same with minor changes.

Landies will find that Laurelin is very much like their own server. Some across the pond seem to think everybody remains in character all the time on Laurelin. They're mistaken and will be in for a surprise. An RP tag doesn't ultimately make an RP server good, it's the community that does. Laurelin has a decent community in my opinion, even though there's lots of non-roleplayers. Most who don't RP respect the rules of the server and don't disrupt those of us who like to be in character.

If I would stay in character all the time I wouldn't be playing that much I think.

I love to rp, but there are limits in doing that. I woukd make myself tierd just by being so active and curious and flirting (or tierd of being that serious and 'grown up' depending on character)

How would people explain that many hobbits outside the shire anyway

Yeah, I frowned as well upon reading this thread.

Just because we have RP policies does not mean we are dead serious RPers all the time. Maybe we should go over there and comment... personally I think it's another of those "somebody is wrong on the internet" arguments though so I don't think I'll bother myself.

I brought some brains into the thread. Let's see if I'll get disrupted by Landies who think that only THEIR server has the right amount of RP.

I have also made a post.

If anyone else want to add some more information or even has some videos of non-RP events from RP server I would be happy to post them

I have also made a post.

If anyone else want to add some more information or even has some videos of non-RP events from RP server I would be happy to post them

If Turbine allow, maybe a link to this thread in theirs might help too

I have also made a post.

Cossie have posted as well

do they actually keep thinking we rp 24/7 on all channels?

They'll be impressed with Globallff, then! :N

They'll be impressed with Globallff, then! :N

*burts into laughing*

yeah

i'd like to see there reaction to that *O*

Yeah seemed the didn't get what goes on in Laurelin but I am happy that at the end Harperelle was happy to admit her error and take into account what players from Laurelin where actually saying. Which was nice of her.

And hope to see her in Laurelin as she is right, it is nice to have many friends in good places.

Hehe!

Having worked with numerous Americans over the years in and out of the US.

It makes me very appreciative of the NHS, BBC, BBC&ITV style news plus finally our version of the Norman Legal System. d;)b

Nearly half of the US are proud they don't have passports and most of those that have passports got them via military service.

Their news is so parochial to the extent, as one of my US friends summed it up, 'The only foreign news we get is 'who we bombed today and who is visiting the president'

So I am not surprised at the tortured outpourings on the Turbine Forum about foreigners trying to dictating their fun :-O

My migration was successful and my patch downloaded and updated so I took a stroll onto Landy to say Hi and first reply I received back wasn't that great.

I said..

[To glff] 'Greetings from Laurelin :) thought I would come check out the good things I have heard about Landy.'

I got...

[glff] Asny: 'You won't find them in GLFF.'

Ah well at least I said Hi in a nice and polite manner.

Maybe I should dust off my old Crickhollow character for a few days.

My migration was successful and my patch downloaded and updated so I took a stroll onto Landy to say Hi and first reply I received back wasn't that great.

I said..

[To glff] 'Greetings from Laurelin :) thought I would come check out the good things I have heard about Landy.'

I got...

[glff] Asny: 'You won't find them in GLFF.'

Ah well at least I said Hi in a nice and polite manner.

Haha, well the same is true of Laurelin to be fair.

Haha, well the same is true of Laurelin to be fair.

That is very true, Laurelin's global is just as bad at times. I should have know :P.