LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Dalthalion

Customer Service Begging For Compliments

This is so very facepalmy ...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7565542#post7565542

Hey everyone,

At some point or another we’ve all had to contact a customer service team. It may have been just a simple question, a major issue, or anything in between but something made us pick up the phone, write an email, or open up a live chat with support for assistance. Sometimes you feel helpless: unable to resolve the issue and like you are at the mercy of support. You never know who is going to pick up the line, whether or not they’ll be able to solve your issue, whether or not they’ll be pleasant and understanding, or if you’ll end the contact as frustrated as you were before you started.

Contacting customer service can be a pain, but it doesn’t have to be!

At Turbine we pride ourselves on our Customer Service. While we might not be able to resolve every issue, we always try our best to make sure that your experience with support is a pleasant one. We want to get you back to doing what you love most, playing our games, and hopefully put a smile on your face in the process. We want to make sure every interaction you have with us is a positive one that you’ll remember.

And we want to hear about your experiences and share your stories.

At the bottom of this post you’ll find a link to a simple one question survey. It’s completely anonymous so we’ll have no idea who you are (unless you want us to!). We’d love it if you would share any amazing support stories you’ve experienced with our CS agents. Whether it was that you were impressed by their professionalism, knowledge, friendliness, or how quickly they were able to assist you, or if it’s something more detailed about how you were having a bad day and the agent helped make it better, or if they did something silly or unexpected. You can write about any positive experience you’ve had with our support staff.

We’ll pick some of the best stories and share them with others in Turbine, and possibly other players as well! It’s also a great way for us to share with our GMs exactly how they’ve been able to impact and help all our great fans over the years, and they will really appreciate any feedback or story you provide.

Thanks again for your unwavering support of Turbine. Because of you, we are truly powered by our Fans!

:r

I have to say, my job does something similar a couple of times a year. Management wants feedback from others for how we are doing our jobs, so our Lead sends out feedback cards to several customers we've each worked with during the year, hoping to get some positive feedback for our reviews. This would be something very similar, Turbine probably wants feedback on how CS is doing, so they came to the fanbois on the Forums to get some.

Corporate Circlejerk. Nothing to see here, move along.

Yeah, only I wouldn't specifically ask for positive feedback in those cases. We also regularly ask feedback from our customers, but we ask all feedback, because negative feedback is very valuable to learn from - although a part of it isn't really usefull

This may disappoint some but here goes.

So a while after Helm's Deep was released I was trying to buy it with TP.  But I accidentally bought ROR with the TP, the fact that it even let me purchase it was a surprise since I owned the legendary version that I bought with real cash.  Within 15 minutes of contacting customer service, the TP was back on my account and I was able to not enjoy Helm's Deep. 

In game GM's.

The sell all button claimed me as a victim at level 65.  The gm was able to return all the items to my account. 

Now the bad. 

I was a victim of the sell all button a second time during ROI and no matter how much I protested the GM would not refund me the items that were gone from the buyback tab.  No matter how much I protested, even told him about the other GM that helped me out and he wasn't having it.  Opened another ticket hoping to get a different GM but got the same asshole.   After that I manually sold from the actual bags. 

Those are my 3 experiences with CS.  2 good 1 bad.   I also bitched about Draigoch to a GM but they were basically telling players to fuck off when they got asked about it.  I knew that would be the response ahead of time. 

Otherwise I never needed them.  Of course they won't hear my positive responses because they banned me!

On 4/6/2016 at 2:20 PM, Thequinn said:

This may disappoint some but here goes.

So a while after Helm's Deep was released I was trying to buy it with TP.  But I accidentally bought ROR with the TP, the fact that it even let me purchase it was a surprise since I owned the legendary version that I bought with real cash.  Within 15 minutes of contacting customer service, the TP was back on my account and I was able to not enjoy Helm's Deep. 

In game GM's.

The sell all button claimed me as a victim at level 65.  The gm was able to return all the items to my account. 

Now the bad. 

I was a victim of the sell all button a second time during ROI and no matter how much I protested the GM would not refund me the items that were gone from the buyback tab.  No matter how much I protested, even told him about the other GM that helped me out and he wasn't having it.  Opened another ticket hoping to get a different GM but got the same asshole.   After that I manually sold from the actual bags. 

Those are my 3 experiences with CS.  2 good 1 bad.   I also bitched about Draigoch to a GM but they were basically telling players to fuck off when they got asked about it.  I knew that would be the response ahead of time. 

Otherwise I never needed them.  Of course they won't hear my positive responses because they banned me!

I'll say this: I've only had good experiences with Turbine Customer Service, but then again, I've only had to contact them once. Now I've had plenty of bad experiences with other staff at Turbine, mostly the CMs but others as well, but those don't really count in this case. Their Customer Service folk do a good job, or they used to, at least. It's been years since I had to call them.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, The MMO Troll said:

I'll say this: I've only had good experiences with Turbine Customer Service, but then again, I've only had to contact them once. Now I've had plenty of bad experiences with other staff at Turbine, mostly the CMs but others as well, but those don't really count in this case. Their Customer Service folk do a good job, or they used to, at least. It's been years since I had to call them.

I can't report any anything but a 50/50 split my self.  However I only used it twice; so fairly small sample size.  Once my issue was addressed professionally(back in Moria)   The other was character falling off map in one of the Rohan horsy wars zone thingies and all I got for that about 3 weeks waiting for my char back(and another 2 day rollback on top of it).  So mixed results for me.   I'm sure the CS department survived the myriad layoff rounds with no issues since I played.(sarcasm)

The request for nice responses seems linked to the fact the GM are being nice "en masse" now. Many kinmates report cases of nice, helpful GMs. 

If true - bully for them. I'd be ready to write something nice about such GMs. However - I only asked for help once, many years ago, while raid-leading in The Rift. We killed a boss with no casualties, my screen froze for a second (mass lag-spike for all), LD was transferred to someone else - chest became un-lootable. No amount of reasoning was able to budge the GM from the then official stance "sorry, we can't refund your loot".

Since then I swore (and kept true to the promise) never to ask a GM for anything.