LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Moderate Peril

Exactly when is the account transfer site going live?

I got an email from Codemasters 4 hours after the servers officially closed.

In that email was a link to http://transfer.lotro.com/

At present that site is unavailable. I assume we are waiting for Turbine to simply "flip a switch" and turn it on?

So when will that be? Today, Thursday? Friday?

As a consumer I like information. The more the better. Gaps in the narrative, corporate silences and generally poor customer service do not impress me. I take a very basic approach in my business transactions. My fault I guess for being old fashioned.

The thing about community relations in the US is that its primarily driven by a need for a big corporation to cover their respective arse. Anything else is secondary.

Therefore, processes are driven by lawyers, rather than those who have an overwhelmingly need to be chummy to the customers.

Needless to say I despise lawyers (along with estate agent,s recruitment execs, institutional authority figures, anyone who ever says "don't you know who I am?" and people called Colin)

Okay, rant over. Back to the question. Anyone know when that site will be live and we can start sorting our cak out?

It shall be Soon... ;)

I can access the site fine. Seems to be no change since last time I checked.

Yup got the same e-mail and have looked at the US forums and am still in the dark. They haven't told us anything. Only the original estimate of about 3 days. No progress reports so far.

Here is what Sapience has to say about the transfer

Correct. The link will continue to lead there until the actual migration page is active. Until we've secured the data and the official transition (June 1) takes place we cannot activate the migration tool. All that should take 1-2 days with a target to have everything back online and playable within ~3 days.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5411057#post5411057

They're doing their accounts systems maintenance today between 10am-11am(Eastern), so likely after 4pm UK time today is when the migration website will start letting us migrate accounts.

See. You have validated my point. I got the info from you guys, not a high profile, constantly updated, EASY TO FIND, single point of presence.

Thanks to you all. Hope none of you are called Colin in real life.

Is there something about people named Colin I should know? I don't know anyone called Colin, as far as I can recall never met one in real-life. How do I spot one (preferably from a distance)?

Is there something about people named Colin I should know? I don't know anyone called Colin, as far as I can recall never met one in real-life. How do I spot one (preferably from a distance)?

colin farrell?

They're doing their accounts systems maintenance today between 10am-11am(Eastern), so likely after 4pm UK time today is when the migration website will start letting us migrate accounts.

Thanks for the info, I shall keep a look out.

So far it all seems very shoddy to be perfectly honest!

They knew the handover was coming up ... they could easily have trialled it with backups / images received from CM weeks ago, to ensure it worked, and then have the handover site live within moments of the EU servers & forum going off.

The actual server migration may be more involved, and time consuming due to data size (but it should be using a near common codebase and database schema), but so far it's like they're waiting for the data first, then they'll figure out how to migrate and test it.

I've been involved with much bigger data migrations than this, and they've had tiny windows to achieve transfer.

The seemingly arbitrary delay and vague information provided thus far is not promising for the future.

So far it all seems very shoddy to be perfectly honest!

They knew the handover was coming up ... they could easily have trialled it with backups / images received from CM weeks ago, to ensure it worked, and then have the handover site live within moments of the EU servers & forum going off.

The actual server migration may be more involved, and time consuming due to data size (but it should be using a near common codebase and database schema), but so far it's like they're waiting for the data first, then they'll figure out how to migrate and test it.

I've been involved with much bigger data migrations than this, and they've had tiny windows to achieve transfer.

The seemingly arbitrary delay and vague information provided thus far is not promising for the future.

To be fair, none of us know the amount of data that is being transferred. They were trialling things, but I dread to think how long a final backup would take.

As for the transition site, hopefully should be going live in a few hours.

The transition tool is NOT going up until the day before the servers come back up again, so probably tomorrow

Can't find the link now.. will post it up a little later once located.

*edit* There we go ...

Link as promised

The transition tool is NOT going up until the day before the servers come back up again, so probably tomorrow

Can't find the link now.. will post it up a little later once located.

*edit* There we go ...

Link as promised

It was Korrigan saying that, not anyone official.

Korrigan also states it was Satine saying that, but I don't remember Satine posting anything about the transition, since they had nothing at all to do with it.

Sapience has continously stated that they couldn't open the migration tool until they've secured the data and official transition has begun, which is today.

If it was today then they'd already have it up. Who's to say that they have secured the information as of this moment?

I still think it'll be tomorrow with the servers up on friday.

If it was today then they'd already have it up. Who's to say that they have secured the information as of this moment?

I still think it'll be tomorrow with the servers up on friday.

https://transfer.lotro.com/

it's up, my client is patching.

Account Migration is now active ... I eat my words in all humbleness

Don't worry about it. The expectation bar set low is how to avoid disappointment ;)

It's funny, about 2 secs after I posted the earlier post, my launcher started patching!

well ... I get a runtime error ... which ... well I would say does not bode well.

Anybody else got the same problem?

Mine's patching...slowly. Guess the world and his dog has noticed by now...

Still a bit reticent to try the account migration bit until we get the go-ahead from Turbine though...

well ... I get a runtime error ... which ... well I would say does not bode well.

Anybody else got the same problem?

just started a thread in the tech area about it - my guess is we ran the hamster too hard lol

Mine's patching...slowly. Guess the world and his dog has noticed by now...

Still a bit reticent to try the account migration bit until we get the go-ahead from Turbine though...

My main account migrated fine, but trying to do my other ones is throwing up runtime error, so methinks Codies account server isn't coping so well!!