LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Most overpowered class in MMOs

Over the past few days I have been playing my Warden, he is only level 85 but he feels so overpowered that it is just silly.  When you have 10 on level mobs attacking you and you stay above 90% morale without struggling, except trying to remember the gambits, something is wrong.  I know that they have always been overpowered but just now they feel way more overpowered than I remember.

This got me thinking, a bad idea I agree, but what is the most overpowered class you have ever played in an MMO

I've never played it, but from what I have seen the most overpowered class in any MMO is the dreaded "Community Manager" class. They have troll preventing armour, a ridiculously large two handed ban hammer as well as wielding magic such as an unmatchable power of ignorance and self-worth. In the games I have played, I have always been sure not to cross paths with the cocksuckers... I mean CM's. 

As for playable classes, I would say Guardian immediately after Helms Derp was released. I was able to solo 12 man raids with no problem, and my self heals made a healer seem redundant at times. I remember being in a 12 Man Helgerod raid where everyone else kept forgetting to pot and so they wiped twice. I literally held the Boss and most of the enemies in the final room for however long it took them to run through the instance just to die again and then run back through a second time. The worst thing was I was lagging so hard that I would guess only 4 out of 5 skills would have actually been hitting. I haven't played Lotro for about a year now, but I do keep up to date with it on social media and the forums and I thought it was laughable that Guards were complaining about the recent nerf. If only they knew what they were like before these awful skill trees. 

My LOTRO hunter feels like an Apache helo with unlimited supply in the middle ages.