LOTROCommunity
nosam9

Fire sale of all expansions

All expansions are $5 and Quad pack is $10.  http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/list/categoryID.58733200/parentCategoryID.58516200  

This is closer to their actual value, but I see this as a bad sign. I think someone at Turbine said "let's try to get as much money out of the game before it's too late".  

On reddit games, there was this discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/4qcm91/turbine_store_lord_of_the_rings_online_expansion/  
I think Lotro is a game that has been off most MMO gamers radar for a few years now. On the reddit MMO forum, Lotro is almost never mentioned or recommended.  

I can't imagine people coming to the game will have a good experience with the performance issues and crashing - unless they are new to MMOs and don't have any other MMO to compare this to. 

Pretty sure it was never this low, and not for 3 years in a row.  

Every expansion was $5? I don't think so.

Well I just got a ticket for the Warcraft movie for $7 (first show of the day) to get the battle chest game code they're giving away with the ticket.  Seems like a much better deal.  (I didn't bother with the movie, just got the code and left).

Never tried WOW before, I've been playing the free trial for a week or so and decided to see if it's something I'd be willing to sub for occasionally.  From the forums it sounds like there are some major changes coming with the next expansion pre-patch, so I figure with me being new, those changes won't bother me as much as they may others who have been playing for a while.

At the very least, it's a lot of game content that's new to me that will keep me occupied and interested for a while.

I just noticed that I don't even know whether I need some of the expansions...

Actually... this is a problem.

How do I find out which expansions or quest packs I do not have yet? There seems to be no way to have a cart filtered by items you don't need. 

It's simple: just call Turbine customer service and ask them. They recently announced they have improved customer support for Lotro.  

More seriously, why not try to ask them and tell us if they ever get back to you. I would be curious if they would bother to reply to you.  

I do remember someone posting recently there was a way to see which expansions you had - I think something to do with the store.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darmokk said:

Actually... this is a problem.

How do I find out which expansions or quest packs I do not have yet? There seems to be no way to have a cart filtered by items you don't need. 

Easy, get to the store. Only quest packs and expansions that you don't own are listed. You can't buy those twice.

17 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

Easy, get to the store. Only quest packs and expansions that you don't own are listed. You can't buy those twice.

17 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

Yeah but they aren't discounted in there. And I can't tell what the overlap between the QPs and the expansions is. If any :-/

29 minutes ago, Darmokk said:

Yeah but they aren't discounted in there. And I can't tell what the overlap between the QPs and the expansions is. If any :-/

The LOTRO Wiki lists what is included in the expansions: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Lotro_Store#Quests_.26_Content

The Expansion Quests only give you the quests, the full expansion also gives some other things.

go to myaccount.turbine.com

log in with your details as per logging into game, you should see a black box showing all you've unlocked content wise, mines something like this:

_NAME_ VIP [Edit Nickname]
PREMIUM
Signup Date
11/21/2010
Game Version History
Riders of Rohan™
Extra Character Slot
Shadows of Angmar™ Trial
Mines of Moria™ Standard
Shared Storage
Extra Character Slot
Shadows of Angmar™ Guest
Rise of Isengard™
Helm's Deep™

From that you should get every Expack you own listed.  Then as above use store to see which quest packs are still being shown to buy.

May be useless info but might help.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, nosam9 said:

It's simple: just call Turbine customer service and ask them. They recently announced they have improved customer support for Lotro.

Haha! Good one. :)

SNy

11 hours ago, RedMaggu said:

go to myaccount.turbine.com

log in with your details as per logging into game, you should see a black box showing all you've unlocked content wise, mines something like this:

_NAME_ VIP [Edit Nickname]
PREMIUM
Signup Date
11/21/2010
Game Version History
Riders of Rohan™
Extra Character Slot
Shadows of Angmar™ Trial
Mines of Moria™ Standard
Shared Storage
Extra Character Slot
Shadows of Angmar™ Guest
Rise of Isengard™
Helm's Deep™

This is awesome.

I find it hilarious this forum is now the place to get good help with the game, and on the Official Forum any discussion gets bogged down with bickering and trolling by posters like Thorgum and Jagannath.

Yeah. I was indeed looking for that page. But if you come from your user account on www.lotro.com there is no link or other hint that it might be there. So I thought they had deleted it along with my.lotro.com or something.

So I have all the stuff that is on sale. But there were more expansions, weren't there?

1 hour ago, Darmokk said:

So I have all the stuff that is on sale. But there were more expansions, weren't there?

The last full expansion was Helms Deep (so you have MOM, SOM, ROI, ROR and HD). However, new quest packs have been released after HD: Western Gondor, Central Gondor, East Gondor, Old Anorién and Far Anorién.

Be warned that the store may allow you to add a code of a product you already have (like Steely Dawn Starter Pack) but you won't get any items and the code will be used . This happened to me yesterday with the DDO starter pack, both are listed with different names in Steam and DDO Market. The second code only added the TP.

5 hours ago, Trisswyn said:

Be warned that the store may allow you to add a code of a product you already have (like Steely Dawn Starter Pack) but you won't get any items and the code will be used . This happened to me yesterday with the DDO starter pack, both are listed with different names in Steam and DDO Market. The second code only added the TP.

I know, that's why I'm so careful.

Nah, I'm probably not gonna play again anyway. Too much work to get this game in line.