LOTROCommunity

Hello from Cordovan

Cordovan

There are two types of fanboyism. Those who defend Turbine no matter what and those who defend Turbine only in what concerns them, even when it's clear that Turbine made a mistake (e.g. releasing bugged content). In both cases you can see these passive-aggressive comments.

The first cases can be easily ignored, the second ones are more harming because they appear as constructive critics when they are just baiting

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Speaking of uneven moderation, the more sinister side to this is when you have the anti-whatever groups go around and shut down threads, which diminishes the forums.

The other problem are the anti-anti-whatevers that just decide to label people they really don't like as anti-whatever, then proceed to demonize them for not liking something they didn't know they didn't like.

There's really a few too many of these screwballs around IMO.

When reasonable people get tired of it and leave, that's mostly what you have left.

There really are only a few people left in there and they spend all day replying to EVERY SINGLE THREAD.  You can almost hear them trying to come up with an opinion for the sake of posting.  

My favorites are ones that go something like:  I totally agree with the op but I don't have anything to add to this thread, ding one more post.  

How about those ones that they respond by stating they don't have an answer to the question.  What the fuck is the point of posting then?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

There really are only a few people left in there and they spend all day replying to EVERY SINGLE THREAD.  You can almost hear them trying to come up with an opinion for the sake of posting.  

My favorites are ones that go something like:  I totally agree with the op but I don't have anything to add to this thread, ding one more post.  

How about those ones that they respond by stating they don't have an answer to the question.  What the fuck is the point of posting then?

I dont know :P

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Ladies and Gentlemen the human highlighter has returned. LOL

The 3 most prominent posters (meaning they are on the leaderboards for posts with 35k and 12k) aren't really trolls.  I know some people find them annoying but I don't think they are being malicious.  That would be Yula, Nymph and Mrs. Old Dirty Programmer. 

Of the 3 only Mrs. ODP has ever attacked anyone.  God forbid a player asked for an in game guide to Hytbold (at minimum quest text to understand how it operated) and her and her husband came after the woman like rabid dogs.  I think they basically said there was no need for babying at level cap and cited Fredalas' forum guide.  I remember this vividly because this is the same player who claimed to die to single same level non elite mobs.  The same player running around in level 60 and 65 gear at level 85.  Meaning she never gained a single piece from Hytbold  when she made the comment.  And her and her husband used to do some raid and pvp hating.  I don't think she was trolling.  The woman just has no filter.

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yeah, we tried to help them on E in GLFF, but they wouldn't have it as they claimed we were trying to force them to play the game our way, not they way they wanted to play it - despite the reality of the Heydts doing really stupid stuff with the classes and complaining that stupid stuff wasn't working.

I remember from when my hobbit guardian was on that server.  I think Lothirieth was actively trying to help them at that time.

They literally slapped the hand trying to feed them.

• Upvote 1

What an interesting thread, just today I was thinking of reinstalling lotro which led me here during dinner.  I may actually try and get my wife's and my forums accounts back and play again.  Ive run through a few MMOs and most just downright suck compared to the way I remember lotro.  

Interested to see how this plays out

In regards to the moderation on the OF, I have to say that Cordovan appears to be sticking to the Sapience rule.

Someone is critical of the game and is met with insults.  The post with insults isn't even addressed, deleted or moderated.  The person who was insulted replies to the Turbine defender and their post is deleted (even though it contained no insults or any other reason to be deleted).  And then Cordovan has the audacity to post this:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?648436-Latest-Supression-Tactic&p=7664342#post7664342

So basically, you can insult as you wish as long as you are defending the game.  Sound familiar to anyone?

I wouldnt get my forums account back just to go over and sling insults, obviously Id be on a short leash.  If I can stomach all of the changes I'd use it to find a kin, use the warden forums or something along those lines and try and become a productive player again.  Lets just see how my ban appeal is met first.

Tried to see if my wife was interested in playing again and she had no kind words to say.  She was given a LIFETIME ban for having the same IP address as myself.  Of course she does we live together, those fuckwits at the old OF banned her anyways which just shows how vindictive and unfair the douchey wonder twins Sap™ and Twatta™ were back in the day

It is familiar, no surprise there.

Reddit has a LOTRO subreddit where you can ask questions and find kins, and it's probably less aggravating than the OF.  I'd stick to read-only on the OF and get what info you can out of it, and try the reddit for specific questions.  Hopefully that'll be enough to get you going again if you choose to stick around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2016 at 3:44 AM, Amenhir said:

The word is sycophant.

The OF are a serious joke and have been for some time.  Like Brokk no one in my kin even reads them or cares that they exist and I would guess that's it's true for the majority of players of this game.  I would imagine most don't know a single name of any turbine employee, past or present.   

Well, not when you're dealing with who HE is talking about. :D