LOTROCommunity

Hello from Cordovan

Cordovan

On 8/3/2016 at 5:24 PM, Amorey said:

The Players Council  is no more , it will be replaced by the Palantir program .

Here is the announcement :

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645408-LOTRO-Players-Council-Announcement&p=7640157#post7640157  

Thanks Cordovan d;)b

I'm glad it's over to be honest. There was never a need for a PC at all. 

There seems to be a strange belief that being critical of Turbine for poor decisions or, in some cases, outright falsehoods, and praising them for things they have done right are mutually exclusive.  I've been critical of them for everything that I have deemed to be of poor quality and of course everyone has their own idea of what poor means.  However, I like the new instances, the addition of the featured instance,  the barter system for the new gear and recipes.  I continue to play the game and I continue to subscribe.  I may be a fool for doing so in some people's opinion but it's awfully cheap entertainment.

Cordovan coming to these forums to extend some kind of olive branch is commendable.  Is it going to somehow right every wrong that has been perpetrated by Turbine/WB?  Definitely not, but it's more than any other CM has ever done.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings and this is the best place to air them.  It would be a good idea to remember that even if no one is listening it's healthy to bitch about stuff from time to time even if no one else agrees with you.  Whining about a whiner is whining.

14 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Cordovan coming to these forums to extend some kind of olive branch is commendable.  Is it going to somehow right every wrong that has been perpetrated by Turbine/WB?  Definitely not, but it's more than any other CM has ever done.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings and this is the best place to air them.  It would be a good idea to remember that even if no one is listening it's healthy to bitch about stuff from time to time even if no one else agrees with you.  Whining about a whiner is whining.

I agree. It was a good attempt at building bridges. I hope he won't feel that the olive branch has been rejected. The unbanning of Fredelas is more than anyone expected and I hope things continue to improve, both "over there" and here.

Edited by Doro
Edited for sake of purge.

6 hours ago, Brrokk said:

I agree. It was a good attempt at building bridges. I hope he won't feel that the olive branch has been rejected. The unbanning of Fredelas is more than anyone expected and I hope things continue to improve, both "over there" and here.

I hope so too :)

Things are already much better on the official forum. Spam posting has been defeated ( hopefully for good ) and the closed server forums have been relocated to the 'Historical Servers' board. The next EP letter should be out next month  hopefully so things are definitely looking up

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?643772-Wherefore-art-thou-Vyvyanne&p=7643610#post7643610

Just wanted to let people know I'm still reading the thread. I haven't had too many people request another look at their banned status on the forums, but I am open to getting more, and have unbanned some folks. Always open to suggestions from others about things I should be doing. Have fun!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see this from Cordovan.

I was also one of those that little ricky jacked around pretty hard on the OF, I think he had me one infucktion out from perma, and i just said screw it, stopped posting and didnt care anymore. I stopped posting everywhere in fact, but still lurk here and the OF. I still play the game here and there,( really just logging in and paying rents for as far as it will go or whatever) but all the shit from heaton and the direction the game took just turned me off a long time ago leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth. It was pretty clear they werent going to listen to the player base anyways, so i just decided to not even bother to waste anymore energy on it.

It's good you came here though Cordovan regardless, but those before you and your companys actions as well as inactions killed it for me long ago, but good luck anyways :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been a casual player of LOTRO since beta testing in April of 2007.  I have subscribed several times over the years (which I regret), and I have put in thousands of hours of play (which I also regret).  I stopped fooling with the official forums when the Sapience Inquisition occurred, and played less and less as WB torpedoed the game.  After the client became unstable and unplayable for me after the disastrous datacenter merge, I began to take exception to Turbine's deflective defense of their own poor performance at maintaining the game and listening to their dwindling player base's concerns, and began to express my displeasure as both a dissatisfied customer and as a lifelong Tolkien reader on the official forums. 

Since Cordovan became CM, I can no longer post on the official forums, because every time I do, he singles me out (along with many other dissatisfied customers) with infractions and bannings over the most asinine, trivial things.  Calling out Amorey for being a Turbine shill is NOT harassment, especially when the evidence proves time and time again that he/she IS in fact a Turbine shill.  Calling out Maxijenus (or whatever his name is, I don't care if it's misspelled or not) for being a sublte, baiting troll is NOT a personal attack, because again, he IS a troll, and he revels in it, and anyone who reads the forums knows it.  At this point, I could simply type the word "goat" and post it, and Cordovan would slap me with an infraction.  I will concede that telling Cordovan publicly that he can take his infractions and shove them up his overpaid ass certainly violates the guidelines, but by that point, I didn't care one bit, and I proudly own that one (felt good, too). 

Instead of cleaning up the forums by dealing with the idiots who are stifling the discussion about the issues with the game, Cordovan is instead targeting anyone and everyone trying to address said issues, doling out infractions via a gross misinterpretation of forum guidelines, discouraging anyone from offering feedback other than "This game is awesome, and Cordovan is doing a terrific job!".  It's the Sapience Inquisition all over again.  Cordovan isn't there to clean up the forums.  He's there to censor public criticism of the game so that he can report to his boss that everyone on the forums is happy, and so that Turbine can report to the shareholders that everything is A-Ok.  Meanwhile, the baba ji spam continues, and Cordovan acts like a saintly martyr because he logs in to his computer at home on the weekends to DO HIS JOB and delete the spam, then makes sure to let the community know just how difficult moderating a message board is.  Trolls run rampant, so long as they don't criticize the development or maintenance of the game.  Sound familiar?  It's all happened before.

Don't be deceived by Cordovan's overtures of good will here.  He is a wolf in sheeps' clothing.  Unbanning a handful of players who were clearly banned unjustly doesn't undo years of abuse and negligence.  He is simply trying to gain a toehold in this community so that he can mandate and dictate the tone of the discourse here along with the official forums.  He's got my number on those forums (along with many other dissatisfied customers), and he will probably ban my account over there as a result of this post, which is a maneuver he learned from Sapience, and I'm fairly certain he's not supposed to do it, but that won't stop him, and I will have no recourse to fight it, because Turbine has eliminated any and all avenues for that.  He is not here to rebuild bridges or forge good will.  He's here to make sure you stay in line, and that you praise Turbine's piss-poor mismanagement of LOTRO.  Nothing more.

Don't let him do it.  Don't let him torpedo this community the same way he and his mentor have done on the official forums.  LOTRO doesn't have many players left.  It's more than clear that Turbine has no intention of trying to do anything about that, but there's no reason they should employ someone to actively whitewash all their missteps, blunders, and outright lies on the official forums just to placate the handful of fanboi "satisfied customers" who report each and every post on the forums that don't paint LOTRO and Turbine in a glowing light.  Cordovan has done absolutely nothing to improve the forums.  He has simply made them worse, for now the trolls are sanctioned (I won't say employed, because that's also a bannable offense apparently, but the proof is in the pudding) to crap all over anyone trying to offer feedback or voice their concerns about the consumer product they are trying to help improve.

And if Cordovan happens to be reading this, don't bother to try to make me the villain here.  While I don't claim to be righteous, I am very much the voice of reason in this matter.  There are enough people here that already know this is your M.O., as it was with your master, Sapience, so don't bother trying to spin your lies here.  You're not a heroic martyr trying to do the jobs of 5 people, as you try to paint yourself.  You're a vBulletin forum moderator abusing your "powers" to the detriment of what's left of LOTRO's playerbase by punishing any and all criticism and negative feedback with infractions and bans.  If you want to actually earn whatever Turbine is paying you (which I vehemently maintain is too much), then stop targeting dissatisfied forum members (who are legion), and start targeting the actual trolls.  THEY are the ones who will be responsible for you having to stand in an unemployment line in 3rd quarter 2017........not us.  We're trying to prevent that, even if we realize it's a sinking ship.  But if you and the company you represent won't listen to us, then it's your own damned fault. 

To the rest of the community, thank you for your indulgence.  This post was my only recourse for what's happening on the official forums.

You go out of your way at every opportunity to discredit anyone who has legitimate criticism of the game with your own blind praise of Turbine and condemnation of anyone who doesn't praise them as loudly as you and lower their expectations to your level of utter apathy.

You ARE a shill.  You almost HAVE to be on Turbine's payroll, because no one could possibly be as blind and complacent as you pretend to be, unless money was involved.  And whether you like it or not, you are actively complicit in the declining number of people who give a damn about LOTRO, because you and your fellow fanbois won't allow the community to discuss the issues, ergo those issues will never be addressed, ergo fewer cash store sales and subscriptions, ergo closed servers and hardware downgrades, ergo a cancelled MMO.  All because you're satisfied with crap.

Well I'm not.  And if I interpret this community's guidelines correctly, neither you nor Cordovan nor any of your other shill friends get to tell me what I can or cannot say here.  So don't even try.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

You go out of your way at every opportunity to discredit anyone who has legitimate criticism of the game with your own blind praise of Turbine and condemnation of anyone who doesn't praise them as loudly as you and lower their expectations to your level of utter apathy.

You ARE a shill.  You almost HAVE to be on Turbine's payroll, because no one could possibly be as blind and complacent as you pretend to be, unless money was involved.  And whether you like it or not, you are actively complicit in the declining number of people who give a damn about LOTRO, because you and your fellow fanbois won't allow the community to discuss the issues, ergo those issues will never be addressed, ergo fewer cash store sales and subscriptions, ergo closed servers and hardware downgrades, ergo a cancelled MMO.  All because you're satisfied with crap.

Well I'm not.  And if I interpret this community's guidelines correctly, neither you nor Cordovan nor any of your other shill friends get to tell me what I can or cannot say here.  So don't even try.

I don't think she's actually a paid employee.  I think it's more of a case she is obsessed with the game and the lore to such a degree that she often attacks those who are critics out of pure insecurity.  She is one of those people that when the game finally does shut down, she will need to go into rehab for a bit.  

• Upvote 2

People still B&Ming about the OF?  WTF, like that is or was ever the major problem with Turbine/LOTRO.  Regardless of forums drama people play good games, they don't play bad ones.  CM outreach is all well and good but at best it only affects the margins.  If/when Turbine becomes serious about improving LOTRO's market share they will address the 800lb gorilla in the room and address the deficits in the game itself.  Till then this whole discussion is a rather large waste of time (imvho).  You could un-ban everyone  who ever received one, made some tear jerking public apology about past wrongs and it would result in what? maybe 100 more people playing?  Yea that'll save em.   Most people didn't leave over forum garbage, they left over a garbage game.

• Upvote 1

That's true. At the very height of the forum wars I learned who Sapience was because he was talked about so much here. But none of the rest of my kin were users either of this forum or the official one. Out of interest I did a quick straw poll in-game and found that no-one in my kin had ever heard of Sapience. The majority of people just decide whether to play or not according to whether they enjoy the game.

• Upvote 2