LOTROCommunity

Hello from Cordovan

Cordovan

23 hours ago, Brrokk said:

2 posts? I'm seeing a pattern here. Of course, the mind is good at seeing patterns where none exist, but this one is getting clearer.

you keep saying this. sounds a lot like the playbook from psychophants on the official forums. *yawn*

Yeah.

I heard trickling tales of the Sapience problems at the height of its infamy.  That said, playing on Laurelin means the community there really never grew to adopt Turbine's forums after Codemasters were out of the picture.  It's also an RP server; hence, with its own fair share of absolutely pointless social trifles making a trifle of the community.

I think what Cordovan is doing here seems like a fair enough Galadhrim branch, but isn't the major contentions you people have with the game, about the game? 

On 10/13/2016 at 1:18 AM, exiled said:

you keep saying this. sounds a lot like the playbook from psychophants on the official forums. *yawn*

The word is sycophant.

The OF are a serious joke and have been for some time.  Like Brokk no one in my kin even reads them or cares that they exist and I would guess that's it's true for the majority of players of this game.  I would imagine most don't know a single name of any turbine employee, past or present.   

On 14.10.2016 at 9:44 AM, Amenhir said:

The word is sycophant.

The OF are a serious joke and have been for some time.  Like Brokk no one in my kin even reads them or cares that they exist and I would guess that's it's true for the majority of players of this game.  I would imagine most don't know a single name of any turbine employee, past or present.   

And I thought it was psychopants... 

The OF are still a good resource for legacies and class changes stuff. 

I know one name of a Turbine employee! :)

On 10/11/2016 at 6:54 PM, psalm8818 said:

And if Cordovan happens to be reading this, don't bother to try to make me the villain here. 

The tone of your 'warning speech' has pretty much done that for you without his help.

The old schoolyard defense of, "but he/she IS a _____!!!" doesn't work. If someone is calling someone else a _____, and it's an insult, it's not up to me to determine whether the insult is warranted. Don't do insults. It also almost always lessens your argument, and makes you seem less intelligent. Debate the topic, not the person. If you can't handle someone else's personality, no one's requiring you to interact with them. 

August-03-2011-18-33-14-l.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cordovan said:

The old schoolyard defense of, "but he/she IS a _____!!!" doesn't work. If someone is calling someone else a _____, and it's an insult, it's not up to me to determine whether the insult is warranted. Don't do insults. It also almost always lessens your argument, and makes you seem less intelligent. Debate the topic, not the person. If you can't handle someone else's personality, no one's requiring you to interact with them. 

Sorry, thats false. All "insults" are not created equal on your forum for lotro. Those "insults" lobbed at people that have negative opinions/experiences by those that defend lotro at every turn are not only tolerated but encouraged through long years of inaction by the moderators there. Please dont come here with this linf of crap and expect anyone here to believe that after seeing this over and over through the years.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cordovan said:

LIAR.

It IS up to you.  You're the forum moderator, for Christ's sake.  You interpret the guidelines daily in that capacity.  The only problem is that you're interpreting them to benefit those who kiss your ass on a daily basis, and to punish those who refuse to do so.  And everyone knows it.  I, for one, am sick of it.

Maxijenius, Amorey, Mourneblade, and countless other shilling trolls on the OF are genuinely sanctioned by you to derail threads, sling personal attacks and insults, and say whatever they want to say, anyway they want to say it, all because their attitude towards you and the game fits your agenda to suppress any negative feedback of LOTRO or Turbine.  Well let me tell you something.  LOTRO IS a steaming pile of crap today.  You and the people you work for have done everything you can to take a reasonably good MMO and turn it into garbage.  You've lost over 90% of the subscribers you tricked into signing up when you went Free-to-play.  You have ruined the entire social aspect of the game, turning it into a single-player experience with optional, superfluous endgame content.  You helped torpedo a community, with countless unjustified bans.  Your name and reputation are part of all that, whether you like it or not, and refusing to own up to it by abusing your power to try to suppress, erase, and rewrite the concerns and dissatisfaction with the development and maintenance of the game will be your legacy.  And the blame for that lies squarely upon your shoulders....not ours.

Your hypocritical duplicity will not wash here.  Not with me.  Not ever.  Despite what your devoted bootlicking lackeys tell you, you are NOT doing a good job on the OF.  You have done absolutely nothing but fracture the community even further by censoring any and all discussion about the growing number of problems with the game, and with the company you represent.  You are 100% complicit in the failure of LOTRO.  I wonder, will you put that on your resume next fall?

• Upvote 2

Cordovan, exiled and psalm do have a valid point.  While you may not like how those points are expressed, there *is* truth there.  

You may have missed a lot of the worst of it, but do a little digging into the post history of some of those folks and it should show you a much different side of them than what they may be showing you now.  Some of it was out-and-out vicious.

To me that showed the true nature of some of those forum stalwarts.  I'm not fooled, and I want nothing to do with them anymore.  I"m happy to see a few posters still calling out the bullshit.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cordovan said:

Exiled and Psalm make a very good point. It seems you do, in fact, decide what constitutes an insult, since what many here would call "fanboys" are perfectly fine to go around calling people names for criticising the game, and yet anything said in response to them is what's hit with infractions.

Maybe a change you could make would be dealing with those who set up the traps, and not those who stumble into them.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cordovan said:

I agree with my fellow posters here: you are wrong because there is no even playing field. This thread is an example. Even here you don't want to discuss content (which is at the root of most my and others' complaints) but want to direct the discussion in the way you want it to go. Same with your post above.

The OF are ridiculous with the few who are devoted to defending Turbine and anything that has happened to the game for years, while those of us who have constructive criticism are ignored, lied to, and banned.

Every once in a while I consider to express here what my nick is on the OF and every time I don't. Even though I would really like to chime in about how I approach housing in the game, I won't, because it would make me identifiable in game and hence on the OF. It really says a lot when someone who plays an online game can but will not do so, because of the possible repercussions on the OF, based on posts made here. That's how unhealthy the OF/Turbine climate is.

Yet I keep playing, despite all this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Just curious. Are there some examples of names/insults that "fanboys" use to denounce critics?

Off the top of my head, I've seen "troll", "malcontent", "liar", "drama queen", "brat", "whiner", and variations thereof.

That, of course, doesn't include general statements, like telling people to leave if they don't like something (as if any criticism is not allowed), trying to derail with things like "popcorn" and "inb4 lock" (serves no purpose at all, just wants to make the OP seem unreasonable), baiting the poster instead of commenting on the topic (countless times you'll see posts that don't even reference the topic but give sideways digs at those who support it), posting in a way so as to completely disregard or discredit a poster's concerns (like that Nymphwhatever does every time they make a post about the fairyland they live in, or the old Heydts and their anti-PvP posts), or general things used to try to bait people into responding and getting infracted for it.

Edit: Passive-aggressive was the word I needed.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cordovan said:

What you've just said above is exactly what many posters on your forum do to any one who criticises the game. They do not engage in discussion about the topic but instead attack the poster by calling them a hater, entitled, say they don't understand the realities, should stop playing the game, stop whining etc. They deliberately derail threads and goad other posters with impunity often in a passive aggressive way that is not overtly breaking any rules.

There is little fair play on your forums and that all is because of you. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Cordovan said:

No more Mr Nice Guy then?

• Upvote 1

Is your "insult" criteria strictly limited to someone specifically saying "You are a ____" ?  That's a very narrow view of what warrants an infraction and explains a lot about why the OF is an echo chamber with mostly the same few posters now compared to a few years ago.

Go back and read some of the threads about RP servers, server population concerns and/or non-English-speaking players on English-language servers from early in the year/late last year.  You'll see a lot of familiar names.  Let us know If you're happy with the tone people took on those threads and see nothing wrong with their behavior. 

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Off the top of my head, I've seen "troll", "malcontent", "liar", "drama queen", "brat", "whiner", and variations thereof.

That, of course, doesn't include general statements, like telling people to leave if they don't like something (as if any criticism is not allowed), trying to derail with things like "popcorn" and "inb4 lock" (serves no purpose at all, just wants to make the OP seem unreasonable), baiting the poster instead of commenting on the topic (countless times you'll see posts that don't even reference the topic but give sideways digs at those who support it), posting in a way so as to completely disregard or discredit a poster's concerns (like that Nymphwhatever does every time they make a post about the fairyland they live in, or the old Heydts and their anti-PvP posts), or general things used to try to bait people into responding and getting infracted for it.

Edit: Passive-aggressive was the word I needed.

Don't forget "stalker".  That's been used a lot too.

• Upvote 2

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?579158-Convert-all-RP-Servers-to-RE-Servers&highlight=

40 pages so happy reading  Cordovan. My first post  (#129) in thread is on page 7  - please also note that several  very offensive posts may have deleted by the OP    but I know you can still sen them  

They are quoted in several other replies..

20 hours ago, Cordovan said:

Cordovan, I respectfully disagree with your assertion.

The official forums have never been operated fairly, and quite often, any criticism of the game is met with defender's baiting and detracting, drawing the original poster into an argument. You can deny this all you like, but people here know the truth for what it is.

While you weren't responsible for the Forum moderation during those times, it's time you start accepting the fact that those who defend have always had more favourable treatment from the Community teams. Especially as regards reports. I have on numerous occasions reported blatant forum rule breaches during one of your predecessors reign, only to see the poster reported be able to keep doing what they were doing in the first place.

Admitting there has been disparity between the two "camps" is key to moving this forward. Repeated denials are going to be met with the same type of posts that have replied to you already in this thread.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Cordovan, I respectfully disagree with your assertion.

The official forums have never been operated fairly, and quite often, any criticism of the game is met with defender's baiting and detracting, drawing the original poster into an argument. You can deny this all you like, but people here know the truth for what it is.

Sadly, denial is Turbine's modus operandi.

The same could be said for the "defenders" you mention--one of which is still posting in this thread (I assume only so she can get Cordovan's attention)--who continue to deny here and on the OF what they are doing in plain sight.  

Something tells me the new CM isn't going to do a damn thing to curb that behavior one bit.