LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Godomir

What instances are a "must have" for a guardian?

Hi all, I would like to know what instances at level 65 are a "must have" to a Guardian, due to their rewards. (Ex/ Sarenzer in Northcotton....). Only 3 man instances if possible due to their probability to be played often and shorter duration.

And If possible, what drop ratios have the items there?. I have played Stoneheight 4 times (2 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2) without Dead-Breaker for example.

Thanks in advance.

firmacopia.jpg

Essentially, you'll want a good set of armour which can only really be gotten from 6 or 12 man instances (like the Moria "Durin's Guard" set (mostly from 6-mans), or the DN set ("Lady's Defense") from the 12-man), so armour will be tricky for you if you're only doing 3-man instances.

Jewellery is slightly easier, I would recommend

http://lotrogear.appspot.com/

It's a sortable database of pretty much every item available in the game at the moment, and you can filter it to only show suitable items for Guardians etc.

The Malledhrim / Grey Company / Algraig barter jewelry is pretty good (roughly the same standard as the stuff you find in Moria instances), and quite easy to get so stack up those, or look for L65 Malledhrim crafted jewellery (Warrior's Greenwood ... stuff) most of which you could probably find quite cheaply in the Auction House.

If it's really instance stuff that you want, you'll probably have to go on to 6-mans, Halls of Crafting (L60, in Moria) drops a number of nice necklaces with lots of might, and the Miniature Brass Anvil, although that's super rare. Sammath Gul (L65, in Mirkwood) drops Ril-Mir (ring with tons of vitality, not quite as good as the one from Foro) and some nice earrings (though not as good as Sarenezer)

I'm aiming for the pocket item from the Inn instance for sure as well as the jewellery from the dol dinen/foro new skirms

The new ring of brawling and wrist of brawling are very good, and you can obtain the marks by running solo the lvl 40 T1 instance Halls of night. The new necklaces and pocket items from the new skirmishes and from the Inn of the Forsaken are also very good but only a small improvement over existing jewellery from 6-man and 12-man. I would only go for it if you really want to play solo or small groups a lot.

Sarenzer for the earrings.

Agree about the Brawling set as I have that now on my Guard (2 of each), even took out Ril-Mir as this new set balances out my stats more, boosting agility whilst still keeping Might and Vitality at 600, sitting at 8300 Morale now and approx 2500 Power.

You can easily solo it as stated but a champ and I duoed it last night 5 times in 45 minutes for 6 Marks, you need 12 for 2 rings and bracelets so its very easy to get them, its just the Skirmish Marks you will need to stock up on!

ReD

KOFACME

The new ring of brawling and wrist of brawling are very good, and you can obtain the marks by running solo the lvl 40 T1 instance Halls of night. The new necklaces and pocket items from the new skirmishes and from the Inn of the Forsaken are also very good but only a small improvement over existing jewellery from 6-man and 12-man. I would only go for it if you really want to play solo or small groups a lot.

Sarenzer for the earrings.

This :)

But, I think you only can obtain 1 hall of night mark per day no?

I have played it at level 40 with my guardian lvl 65, no problem, but the second time in the same day no hall of night mark was spawned.

firmacopia.jpg