LOTROCommunity
Dalthalion

Kinship Revamp Proposal Idea from the Turbine Suggestions Forums

Nice

They are a very well thought out set of proposals.

From what I can see of his 'cosmetic' idea is that Kins can within the context of the game have a fixed set of 'Kin' clothing and colours, selected from a set provided by Turbine!

One nice extra for a Kin say that has completed the most Kin quests or has a minimum number of long term members might a Kin specific cloak that carries their own design

Though if this was carried forward, to stop immersion breaking or copyrighted designs getting into the game. A GM or two would be the final arbiters and would also be the ones to actually upload it into game.

To OP, that's the best and most comprehensive suggestion I've heard in the 4 years of playing LOTRO. It wouldnt really breathe life back into the game and kinships. Kinship event calendar would be great, kinship deeds also brilliant, and unique rewards. I really hope they listen. This would pit competing kin against competing kin.

Brilliant ideas :)

Wouldn't mind a bit more control over kinships, rank names and the like!

It's long overdue anyway, but I can understand if it isn't top priority (Considering Isengard is being released soon)

Will look forward to Turbine noticing :)

-Tiger(Wyn)

OMG that has to be the best suggestion post I have ever come across....I bet it has pages and pages of comments...soon as I have a Turbine account I'm posting.

Excellent stuff and I kept asking this in Dev chats to face palm :(. Sadly its always 'in the future'. Problem is LOTRO is it big enough to warrent so much dev time?

Excellent stuff and I kept asking this in Dev chats to face palm :(. Sadly its always 'in the future'. Problem is LOTRO is it big enough to warrent so much dev time?

Maybe, maybe not Vik :) But it does look like the graphics and interface part is done :) how difficult would it be ;) Who knows.....

Thanks for the feedback so far :) now the migration is in process, be sure to add your comments to the thread on Turbine's forums.. Thank you

So far, there seems to be an overflowing of player support for this (with the varied pros-and-cons analyses), but nothing yet from an official standpoint, which means one of three things, in my estimation:

A. They have no plans to change the kinship dynamic in-game, so therefore no response.

B. They find it to be a nice framework to build on, and they're in the planning stages, but they're nowhere near a point where they can start announcing anything on a Dev Diary.

C. They'll do something similar to it eventually (with the requisite Store tie-in), and it will be ready when it's ready and they don't owe the playerbase an account for what the progress is. At most, it would be a stealth update, long after people forget which player originally submitted the idea (thus negating the need for securing those pesky "rights").

my kin Celainedhil on Elendilmir, even!

One of my kinnies remarked that this was well thought-out and that they(Turbine)should hire Galuhad.

High praise!