LOTROCommunity
LasraelLarson

Have you voted? ;)

24 minutes ago, Eredor said:

Bit early to say that Democrats will be obliterated in coming elections since the President's popularity usually is the determining factor on who wins those seats up for grabs. If Trump is a popular/good president, sure. If he isn't, then it will obviously shift back towards the Democrats.

well that may indeed be a factor, regardless of all the screeching from the same elements paraded on the TV regarding Trump...  his popularity has risen since the election and he hasn't even been inaugurated.

that aside, there are 3 significant fractures happening withing the Dem party at the moment & those rumblings are about to get louder.  they are an aging party & as far as fresh & new is concerned, they are coming up VERY stale.  i am watching this unfold & you may call it premature, but they are in serious trouble.

anyway, they don;'t have this waiting in the wings, which would help significantly:

regardless, come 2018, i suspect DC will be VERY red.  even more than it is currently.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

(Kieth Ellison) manages to gain traction.

Democrats are soo fixated on the Trump phenomena, they are rather oblivious to their own current peril.

2018 will arrive and it looks like Democrats will be almost completely obliterated.  & again in 2020...

i think Trump will get a full 8 years, by the looks of things.

Makes me think of Jeremy Corbyn in the UK who has the support of the fringe left and the Labour Party electoral process but is toxic to the greater population. Will the Democrats go down a similar road? It could be interesting as the Democrats are also very weak in the State governments where the parties draw upon innovative thinkers and talent.

1 hour ago, fittybolger said:

Makes me think of Jeremy Corbyn in the UK who has the support of the fringe left and the Labour Party electoral process but is toxic to the greater population. Will the Democrats go down a similar road? It could be interesting as the Democrats are also very weak in the State governments where the parties draw upon innovative thinkers and talent.

It seems to be happening all over.  The right and far right parties seem to be on the rise and the left and far left parties dont seem to know what to do..  They have lost their way

2 hours ago, fittybolger said:

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour stances are almost unrecognizable to that which birthed that party.  fringe indeed!  & a VERY significantly large portion of that fringe will gladly show up to, "Shut it down" or even "Burn it Down."  but those same fringy enthusiasts tend to flake out when it comes to voting...  must be the isolation of it being a solitary act, rather than a group activity.

Jeremy Corbyns party is in for a decimating of its own, next time a contest that involves a vote comes round.

Kieth Ellison is an amalgam of similarly dubious endorsements that include, if i am not mistaken...  the schizophrenic opportunist Michael Moore.

39 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

It seems to be happening all over.  The right and far right parties seem to be on the rise and the left and far left parties dont seem to know what to do..  They have lost their way

Italy just had a big nationalist referendum surge yesterday.  most of Frances left have dropped out of the next leadership race.  there are less publicized shifts in other EU nations as well, like Finland.  even Sweden though seemingly entrenched in virtue signaling its left ideologues...  has a quiet counter-undercurrent, that will likely erupt in the near future as well.

on a different tract...  i hope Trump chooses this guy for Secretary of State:Dana-Rohrabacher.jpg

Dana Rohrabacher would be excellent at the job, experienced & really insightful to boot!

8 hours ago, Papi said:

actually it doesn't.  both sides of the argument have literal nut jobs/spokespersons so I wouldn't use that to distract from the actual facts and history of his soon-to-be cabinet.  but let's not bring "tantrums" into this.  Trump keeps whining on twitter about how he would have won the popular vote if not for the "millions" of fraudulent voters (a claim NO ONE can back up with any proof) and how SNL is "unwatchable"...even though he is on twitter admitting he keeps watching it (because, for some reason the cast of Hamilton and SNL is an issue of concern for the president-elect).

And he's also a New Yorker that doesn't exhale, but talk.

If you're paying attention to EVERYTHING a New Yorker says, you're doing it wrong.

3 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Well, they kinda lost their way when they went head first into political correctness, and tried to tell us what to think.

The results of the Presidential election were not so much as "we want Trump", but more of a "we hate him less" and "we reject Clinton's ideology".

Personally, I'd rather have Carson as President, as he seems like he's level headed enough to actually do well.  I'm hoping that a Cabinet position will help him towards that.

3 hours ago, cossieuk said:

The left seem mystified by the fact that after calling great swaths of the population racist, bigoted, terrible people why they didn't suddenly go vote for them.  Ultimately they've disappeared up their own 'progressive' (actually regressive) assholes and have lost touch with what the average voter wants, which is who the left was supposed to be representing in the first place.

9 hours ago, Papi said:

Trump keeps whining on twitter about how he would have won the popular vote if not for the "millions" of fraudulent voters (a claim NO ONE can back up with any proof).....

And yet that is exactly what the left is suggesting by trying to push these recounts in close states.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If you're paying attention to EVERYTHING a New Yorker says, you're doing it wrong.

Personally, I'd rather have Carson as President, as he seems like he's level headed enough to actually do well.  I'm hoping that a Cabinet position will help him towards that.

Are you going to use that excuse the entire 4 years? So Trump gets a free pass for being a whiny, thin-skinned bitch but the pundits on the left get blasted for throwing tantrums?  

The only person more unqualified than Trump is Carson (by his own admission). 

If nothing else, it will be an interesting 4 years.

1 hour ago, JRonnie said:

The left seem mystified by the fact that after calling great swaths of the population racist, bigoted, terrible people why they didn't suddenly go vote for them.  Ultimately they've disappeared up their own 'progressive' (actually regressive) assholes and have lost touch with what the average voter wants, which is who the left was supposed to be representing in the first place.

And yet that is exactly what the left is suggesting by trying to push these recounts in close states.

News flash, a great swath of the population is racist and bigoted.  When you cut through the bullshit, I don't think calling a spade a spade made any difference in the voting.

And let's not forget that half the population didn't even vote.  And the fact that Clinton has 2.5 million more in actual votes.

43 minutes ago, Papi said:

Are you going to use that excuse the entire 4 years? So Trump gets a free pass for being a whiny, thin-skinned bitch but the pundits on the left get blasted for throwing tantrums?  

The only person more unqualified than Trump is Carson (by his own admission). 

If nothing else, it will be an interesting 4 years.

Nah, but I'm not going to complain about someone using Twitter for exactly what it was designed for.

If he's doing that in other channels, then that assessment is correct, but from what I've seen, it's just Twitter.

It's like accusing a black man of being black, and then crucifying him for his blackness.

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Nah, but I'm not going to complain about someone using Twitter for exactly what it was designed for.

If he's doing that in other channels, then that assessment is correct, but from what I've seen, it's just Twitter.

It's like accusing a black man of being black, and then crucifying him for his blackness.

Worst analogy ever.  You can't be seriously trying to argue that his Twitter "persona" is any different than his real life one or that he communicates any differently with his "other channels".

And he's not just "someone"--he's the next fucking POTUS.  

15 hours ago, Papi said:

Worst analogy ever.  You can't be seriously trying to argue that his Twitter "persona" is any different than his real life one or that he communicates any differently with his "other channels".

All depends on how the individual uses social media, and if they're actually trying to carry on a conversation, or just posting one liners about topics, basically doing a thought dump.

15 hours ago, Papi said:

And he's not just "someone"--he's the next fucking POTUS.  

Who's still just another fucking man, with his flaws and all.

Or do you elevate your political figures above the state of us mere mortals, like how that psychotic bitch Clinton wants us to do?

45 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

All depends on how the individual uses social media, and if they're actually trying to carry on a conversation, or just posting one liners about topics, basically doing a thought dump.

Who's still just another fucking man, with his flaws and all.

Or do you elevate your political figures above the state of us mere mortals, like how that psychotic bitch Clinton wants us to do?

I've seen Trump debate, do interviews and (unfortunately) I've seen his twitter account.  Unless he is a master strategist and purposefully playing to the lowest common denominator on purpose (to continuously rally his base) and fool everyone...then he simply is what he is:  a very thin-skinned, egotistical, spoiled, whiny bitch.  

I'm not talking about just any political figure.  There is a reason why it is our nation's highest office.  Bush, even for all his faults, far outclasses Trump.  Let that one sink in for a bit.

But I'm done going around with you on this.  I think Trump has drawn out the worst in my fellow countrymen/women, in a time when we couldn't be more divided.  Actually, I'd say he's amplified it--both parties are responsible for the current divide.  They spend more time bickering and sticking to bullshit partisan lines instead of actually getting shit done. 

1 hour ago, Papi said:

I've seen Trump debate, do interviews and (unfortunately) I've seen his twitter account.  Unless he is a master strategist and purposefully playing to the lowest common denominator on purpose (to continuously rally his base) and fool everyone...then he simply is what he is:  a very thin-skinned, egotistical, spoiled, whiny bitch.

He still beat Hillary, and he's MORE ACTIVE than Obama was before Obama became President.  I'll let the social nonsense slide if he's getting results.

I'm not talking about just any political figure.  There is a reason why it is our nation's highest office.  Bush, even for all his faults, far outclasses Trump.  Let that one sink in for a bit.

And both Bush and Trump far outclass Obama.

Let that one sink in for a bit.

But I'm done going around with you on this.  I think Trump has drawn out the worst in my fellow countrymen/women, in a time when we couldn't be more divided.  Actually, I'd say he's amplified it--both parties are responsible for the current divide.  They spend more time bickering and sticking to bullshit partisan lines instead of actually getting shit done. 

Um.... political correctness had just about killed the First Amendment.

Hillary Clinton (and the Democrats) have so thoroughly succeeded in partisan politics that they not only created the bed that was the last election (which caused them to lose, mind you), but they have also spawned the type of people comprising the crowd - which is supposed to be a bunch of adult college students, as seen in:

The Republicans aren't the ones that are bat-shit crazy here, it's really the SJW and Democrats that keep silencing and antagonizing the Republicans.  (Granted, not all the Republicans are saints either).

On 12/6/2016 at 0:18 PM, Papi said:

News flash, a great swath of the population is racist and bigoted.  When you cut through the bullshit, I don't think calling a spade a spade made any difference in the voting.

Well that's your opinion.  I've no doubt that there are racist people out there, but I simply don't agree that it's as widespread as your making out.  Unless of course your going down the SJW rabbit hole that all white people are inherently racist, in which case I think we can safely call our discourse finished.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:47 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Well, they kinda lost their way when they went head first into political correctness, and tried to tell us what to think.

The results of the Presidential election were not so much as "we want Trump", but more of a "we hate him less" and "we reject Clinton's ideology".

If you're using that excuse for Trump, you could say the same thing for Clinton since she's also a New Yorker... but we all know that argument is bullshit.

2 hours ago, Eredor said:

If you're using that excuse for Trump, you could say the same thing for Clinton since she's also a New Yorker... but we all know that argument is bullshit.

Of course it's bullshit.  Almagnus1 went from blasting the left wing pundits for going off on tantrums to making excuses for and accepting the same type of behavior from the president-elect--who for all intents and purposes should be held to a higher standard.  And to dismiss it as "social nonsense"...but that is the root of the issue with this whole election.  On some level, I think a large portion of Trump supporters fully accepted that he was, in fact, all the bad things that the mainstream media made him out to be.  They just don't give a shit.  They ignore how he ran his campaign, the crazy shit he continues to say, and the fact he's filled his cabinet with some serious nut-jobs (half of which come from the same swamp he's supposed to be draining).

They want someone like Trump because apparently Obama was horrible to the middle class, hard-working, white male and they are pissed about it.  Of course, if you asked them what they are actually pissed about they would probably point to some fake news that their buddy Jim posted on Facebook.  Last time I checked, Hillary Clinton was a true witch and was headmistress of her own sex-slave operation filled with underage children.  2.5 million more people voted for Clinton but Trump has such a fragile ego that he will blame it all on illegal voters, provide no proof to back up his absurd allegations and his followers will run with that bullshit for the next four years.

Personally, there was something about Clinton that just didn't seem right to me.  So I'm wiling to entertain what a Trump presidency will look like.  I also strangely have faith in the American public that if his cabinet tries to push through any insane legislation, the shit won't become law.  But people need to stop making excuses for what Trump has done/is doing/will do.  You wanted him.  You got him.  Own up to all the shit when it hits the fan, because there is sure to be a lot of it coming.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

I also strangely have faith in the American public that if his cabinet tries to push through any insane legislation, the shit won't become law.

Cease and desist, stop thinking "checks and balances" as well. We also thought in Poland - "Constitution", "Supreme Court", "Independent Judiciary and media", "Polish love of freedom". All can be swept aside on a swell of hatred, resentment, "fuck the truth and them elites", "let's go back to the safe heaven of tradition" and of all the things I quoted abundantly. 

As you wrote - "You wanted him. You got him." 

Also - USA is so huge, that even insane protectionism and isolationism may profit the economy and the people for a while, as it is for ex. simply untrue that globalization profits the people and democracy. 

Winter has come. 

I guess the upshot of all of this is, when you have 2 candidates that are both fucktards, chances are a fucktard is going to win. Democracy huh.

8 hours ago, Eredor said:

Yeah, cause she's originally from Chicago and lived in Arkansas long before she migrated there....

6 hours ago, Papi said:

They want someone like Trump because apparently Obama was horrible to the middle class, hard-working, white male and they are pissed about it.

Spoken like a true bigot...

Or perhaps more accurately, a SJW.

6 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Also - USA is so huge, that even insane protectionism and isolationism may profit the economy and the people for a while, as it is for ex. simply untrue that globalization profits the people and democracy. 

Winter has come. 

There's a very big difference from isolationism, and halting corporations from shipping jobs overseas because they can dodge minimum wage, OSHA, and EPA regulations by working in places that don't do that stuff.

That said, if we start seeing tariffs on EVERYTHING foreign then we're going down a stupid path with isolationism.

That's one of the problems with my industry, labor is so cheap in India that a corporation can hire four people for what it costs to hire me, so it makes more sense to these corporations to not hire in the US, and just hire there.  Same is true with China and fabricating high tech components.

Better question to ask is "why is it so expensive to operate at home?", and see if there's a sane way to address that cost issue without screwing over EPA and OSHA.

One of my recent Guardian favourites....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/misogyny-us-election-voters

Shame on them. The most qualified candidate [Hillary] in a generation was defeated by the least qualified of all time. That is what misogyny looks like, and, like all bigotries, it will end up dragging us all down.

On 12/7/2016 at 4:39 AM, Jedy2 said:

Winter has come. 

time of the Father, blessings & peace:

also, your intellect deserves better than the Guardian, though the state of publication today, you may have a difficult search ahead ;)

on another note... 

heh heh.

2017 is going to be amazing!

6 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Age of reason? Not anymore... 

Yeah, it kinda died when people stopped turning off their minds because they must beat the evil <insert political party here> at all costs, because those sub-human <insert insults here> don't deserve to hold political office.