LOTROCommunity
LasraelLarson

Have you voted? ;)

1 hour ago, Laurinaohtar said:

Doesn't this contradict Trumps rhetoric about wiping out ISIS?

ISIS came about after the power vacuum left in Libya after Gaddafi was ousted & with each new power vacuum, they just grew and grew...  getting armed (even trained) all along the way by Western influence.

ISIS came to power as a result of that meddling.  so no, i do not consider cleaning up that mess a contradiction.

You can guarantee that if problems in the Middle East directly effect the US economy (oil production and prices for example) Trump will be the first to send in the troops to "sort out there problems".

or the US can increase its own production.  the Gulf states just recently cut production due to low global prices.  Canada is actually a fairly large supplier as well.  Venezuela & other South American countries also produce significant supplies.

reliance on the Middle East isn't as big a factor as you might think.

if you look back at Trumps views on past conflicts, he was pretty much against military action in previous conflicts over the last 20 or so years.  & there are non military options as well.

i do not think Trump will be the first to send troops.  i actually think the opposite.  if Trump weathers the storm, we are likely to enter an entirely new era with regard to the middle east.

55 minutes ago, Doro said:

Come on, Las, even you can't keep defending Trump when he clearly fucks up.

you assume he fucked up.  i don't concede that point.

55 minutes ago, Doro said:

Him making shit up instead of taking actual examples doesn't help raise awareness, it just makes him look more and more like he's fear-mongering and has no point. The more he makes criticism of the EU "refugee" crisis seem like a dishonest claim, the more power he's giving to the people who are covering their ears over it.

again, Trump didn't make something up.  the Fox news story wasn't making something up either.

he isn't fear mongering when it comes to mass unvetted immigration either.  it is something well understood in critical mass theory and social dynamics every single time across all of Europe when ever a Muslim population hits a percentage, it shifts.  & why when numbers aren't at that self sustaining point, things are peaceful.  technically not an actual "no go zone" but absolutely a place that you can no longer go unguarded, or if a women, without covering.

every time.

& in the late 60's and early 70's it happened in the Middle East (Afghanistan & Iran.)

1 hour ago, Doro said:

This stupid "fake news" dance he keeps doing with the media is a distraction in and of itself, nothing more.

fake news, was a term originally dubbed by establishment media to marginalize sites like Brietbart, Drudge & other right leaning publications.

Google, Facebook & Twitter were going to actively suppress the social media & advertising of anyone dubbed fake.  was even a list made by an extremely partisan 3rd wave feminist and SJW...

but it got thrown back in their faces, in many ways thanks to Trump.  the concerted effort to shut out of the conversation alternate voices to the narrative is ongoing & that is what is truly dishonest, even downright sinister...  but it will backfire.

these freak outs over Trump have been happening since long before he started running against Hillary Clinton for President.  the only difference was with each Victory, that circle grew to include larger numbers & now he is acting President & making policy that affects both domestic & foreign...  the freakouts are global in scale.

no one seems to be covering their ears just yet, but rather all the usual suspects seem eager to pounce...  maybe this time they'll get him.

C4hF_afWMAAeeX_.jpg

17 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

ISIS came about after the power vacuum left in Libya after Gaddafi was ousted & with each new power vacuum, they just grew and grew...  getting armed (even trained) all along the way by Western influence.

Are you sure? Maybe you are mixing them up with some other group. They are basically just a rebrand of Al-Qaeda as I understand it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29052144

You said that we should get involved in meddling in Middle Easts problems but ISIS is predominantly a problem in that part of the world and it's ok to meddle in that? There is a contradiction here.

5 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

You said that we should get involved in meddling in Middle Easts problems but ISIS is predominantly a problem in that part of the world and it's ok to meddle in that? There is a contradiction here.

again, these extremist forces came into existence because of a desire for regime change (Iraq, Lybia & Syria.)  they were created due to meddling.

the good thing about cleaning them up...  it won't require mass deployment of troops.  that clean up is already well underway.  much further along than "normies" in the West realize.  you are going to see shifts in the very near future.  big changes coming for Iran especially.  i think most in the West have no clue what is already taking place.

so no, i do not believe there is a contradiction at all.  big wars are a thing of the past, hopefully for good.

31 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

you assume he fucked up.  i don't concede that point.

Of course you don't. Your defense of Trump is very clear. But be careful not to fall into the trap of taking down one master (the MSM) and replacing it with another (Trump). Men are fallible.

again, Trump didn't make something up.  the Fox news story wasn't making something up either.

he isn't fear mongering when it comes to mass unvetted immigration either.  it is something well understood in critical mass theory and social dynamics every single time across all of Europe when ever a Muslim population hits a percentage, it shifts.  & why when numbers aren't at that self sustaining point, things are peaceful.  technically not an actual "no go zone" but absolutely a place that you can no longer go unguarded, or if a women, without covering.

every time.

& in the late 60's and early 70's it happened in the Middle East (Afghanistan & Iran.)

Well yeah, he did make something up. The way he spoke implied an event that never happened, when what he actually meant was a segment he'd watched on telly (a president using TV to educate himself is also a concern). He had countless examples he could've used, but he went for a reference to a programme.

He certainly is fear-mongering in what he says, which is why he isn't using actual examples to make his arguments. If people wanted to know just how dangerous it is letting in millions of illegals, there's enough information out there. But to point people to something that hadn't happened is to be dishonest, and only to scare people.

What you're referring to with Islam is known as Taqiyya, where Muslims behave as members of a "religion of peace" until they are a large enough population to demand obedience to and dominance of Islam. And the "no-go zones" are common in the northern areas of London I frequent. These are viable things he could've mentioned, but he didn't.

fake news, was a term originally dubbed by establishment media to marginalize sites like Brietbart, Drudge & other right leaning publications.

Google, Facebook & Twitter were going to actively suppress the social media & advertising of anyone dubbed fake.  was even a list made by an extremely partisan 3rd wave feminist and SJW...

but it got thrown back in their faces, in many ways thanks to Trump.  the concerted effort to shut out of the conversation alternate voices to the narrative is ongoing & that is what is truly dishonest, even downright sinister...  but it will backfire.

these freak outs over Trump have been happening since long before he started running against Hillary Clinton for President.  the only difference was with each Victory, that circle grew to include larger numbers & now he is acting President & making policy that affects both domestic & foreign...  the freakouts are global in scale.

no one seems to be covering their ears just yet, but rather all the usual suspects seem eager to pounce...  maybe this time they'll get him.

He is still contributing to it by creating his own imaginary drama. Fighting fake news with more fake news doesn't help, it just further perpetuates it.

14 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

do you not give a single crap about due process?

the accusation is sufficient.  pathetic.  pray you are never accused of rape & the accusation alone ruins you.

honestly mate, raise your standards!

Calm the fuck down I was making a joke.  Also he did leak thousands of illegally obtained documents and admits to doing so.

Also your beloved Trump complained that suspected bomber Ahmad Rahami would get medical treatment and a lawyer as per his constitutional rights.  He also said if here were in charge of the law that Clinton would be in jail.  He said all throughout the campaign than Clinton was guilty.  So your belvoed Trump doesnt believe in due process

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Calm the fuck down I was making a joke.  Also he did leak thousands of illegally obtained documents and admits to doing so.

Also your beloved Trump complained that suspected bomber Ahmad Rahami would get medical treatment and a lawyer as per his constitutional rights.  He also said if here were in charge of the law that Clinton would be in jail.  He said all throughout the campaign than Clinton was guilty.  So your belvoed Trump doesnt believe in due process

Actually, is pretty common knowledge in the States that the Clintons are about as crooked as they get.  So when Trump said that in a campaign, that's like saying "If I were in charge, the mafia would all be in jail".

Maybe you should do less bitching, and more learning, about my country?  After all, the US does culturally rule the world, so bow to your overlords pleb.

8 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Actually, is pretty common knowledge in the States that the Clintons are about as crooked as they get.  So when Trump said that in a campaign, that's like saying "If I were in charge, the mafia would all be in jail".

Maybe you should do less bitching, and more learning, about my country?  After all, the US does culturally rule the world, so bow to your overlords pleb.

So no due process because people know she is corrupt, I dont remember that part in the constitution, can you point out that bit for me.

First Flynn and now Milo has been taken down... permanently?

Is Milo a pedophile? Or was this another Bowling Green misspeak / humour  hyped beyond Leslie Jones' wildest dreams or acting abilities?

I am anti-homosexual but I did love it when Milo would make snowflakes melt in the heat of thermonuclear rationality. 

Can Milo play piano?

ap_ht_liberace_douglas_sparkle_kb_130524

Edit: I should add reference: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/milo-yiannopoulos-resigns-from-breitbart

Edit 2: I can't help nut wonder if the exact same comments made by a progressive homosexual would be hailed as "liberating" or "courageous" by the same media? Milo has claimed he was joking...

10 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Is Milo a pedophile? Or was this another Bowling Green misspeak / humour  hyped beyond Leslie Jones' wildest dreams or acting abilities?

I am anti-homosexual but I did love it when Milo would make snowflakes melt in the heat of thermonuclear rationality. 

Can Milo play piano?

ap_ht_liberace_douglas_sparkle_kb_130524

Edit: I should add reference: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/milo-yiannopoulos-resigns-from-breitbart

I said it was wrong when people got the Milo talk cancelled because the best way to deal with people like him is to let them talk as they will eventually make an ass of themselves. 

Also what did the homosexuals ever do to you

2 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

I said it was wrong when people got the Milo talk cancelled because the best way to deal with people like him is to let them talk as they will eventually make an ass of themselves. 

touché... I recall a comment along those lines cossie. (Berkley riots IIRC)

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

So no due process because people know she is corrupt, I dont remember that part in the constitution, can you point out that bit for me.

You're misreading the quote as "we're gonna lynch her" rather than what he actually meant as "we're gonna prosecute her".  That's what we all understood it to be, but the snowflakes insisted it was always the former because snowflakes don't use logic.

1 hour ago, fittybolger said:

Having seen more Milo talks than (likely) anyone else on this board, I vaguely recall what was referenced but it was done more of in a joking manner and the clips are grossly taken out of context.  Seeing how the media will do anything to tear down anyone that doesn't fit within their myopic mold of an ideal liberal person, this attack on Milo isn't surprising, and it's actually expected.  This is yet another example of why I do not like the US Media.

You can read Milo's rebuttal of the media at: https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/posts/852600161544547

Yes, he's offensive, irreverent, but in this incident, the media is doing a hatchet job on Milo.

Edit:

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Almagnus1 said:

... the US does culturally rule the world...

There's more culture in a yoghurt pot than in the US.

3 hours ago, Doro said:

So then why are our stores, brands, products, and corporations everywhere throughout the planet?

What about our music, movies, and TV?

English being the language of business?

The Dollar being one of the dominant currencies across the globe?

The UK might be a special cultural snowflake, but they don't penetrate cultures nearly as well as the US does.

9 hours ago, Doro said:

Come on, that's not fair. America gave the world Miley Cyrus 

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So then why are our stores, brands, products, and corporations everywhere throughout the planet?

The UK might be a special cultural snowflake, but they don't penetrate cultures nearly as well as the US does.

I penetrate yogurt cultures better.

The US has size, populace and money. Those things DO count in science and culture - ask the Romans. (All empires had sway)

But as for home-brewed US originality - Mickey Mouse.   

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Except all of those things are also true of the UK (and many other nations). In fact, the English language has a clue in the name.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:05 AM, Doro said:

Well yeah, he did make something up. The way he spoke implied an event that never happened, when what he actually meant was a segment he'd watched on telly (a president using TV to educate himself is also a concern). He had countless examples he could've used, but he went for a reference to a program.

He certainly is fear-mongering in what he says, which is why he isn't using actual examples to make his arguments. If people wanted to know just how dangerous it is letting in millions of illegals, there's enough information out there. But to point people to something that hadn't happened is to be dishonest, and only to scare people.

What you're referring to with Islam is known as Taqiyya, where Muslims behave as members of a "religion of peace" until they are a large enough population to demand obedience to and dominance of Islam. And the "no-go zones" are common in the northern areas of London I frequent. These are viable things he could've mentioned, but he didn't.

He is still contributing to it by creating his own imaginary drama. Fighting fake news with more fake news doesn't help, it just further perpetuates it.

well then, you seem to have it all figured out...

with that level of genius; it is a wonder how you ever got stuck in a call center, with the advice you dispense...

& Trump being so inept, how has he ever made it this far?

On 2/21/2017 at 7:05 AM, Doro said:

Of course you don't. Your defense of Trump is very clear. But be careful not to fall into the trap of taking down one master (the MSM) and replacing it with another (Trump). Men are fallible.

when Trump talks to Hannity about waterboarding:

i get the visceral connection he is trying to make with a certain portion of his base... but Trump is wrong.   what matters is that Trump is with General Mattis 100% (not 70%, or 80%, but 100%) who does not condone waterboarding & will not use it.

when Nikki Haley first addressed the UN (she has said some nasty things about Trump, btw) she iterates the same stance all Trumps people have taken to date:

i do not agree with this position.  my point here is, my support for Trump isn't some blind unconditional worship.  & with some things Trump communicates, things he believes, etc.  aren't necessarily what will be official policy.  other things are part of his negotiation technique.

as for him repeatedly buffooning & lacking clarity with his statements...  i actually think it is on purpose.  there is methodology behind his madness.  not to mention the people he has surrounding him who are also experts in similar methods (Flynn & Kushner.)  Trump knows what works & he is employing it & he is also exposing things, including leakers.

you don't agree with the methods, but again, you work in a call center & he is the President.

& then there is the matter of what i referred to earlier as "canary trap" or what in the business world is known as A/B testing which is also used in real estate.  Trumps Sweden blunder...  is part of his playbook.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, cossieuk said:

Calm the fuck down I was making a joke.  

that's what pewdiepie said...   hur hur.

i can't see your face, or hear an intonation of voice, if it was self evident in what you wrote, i missed it.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, cossieuk said:

Also he did leak thousands of illegally obtained documents and admits to doing so.

Also your beloved Trump complained that suspected bomber Ahmad Rahami would get medical treatment and a lawyer as per his constitutional rights.  He also said if here were in charge of the law that Clinton would be in jail.  He said all throughout the campaign than Clinton was guilty.  So your beloved Trump doesn't believe in due process

the act of whistle-blowing is rather uncharted waters.  & the differences between private entities Vs the State & what can be legally classified...  *shrug*

as for prosecuting, really depends on how far along in the building of a case the prosecuting party is & how much time that prosecution will take.

it is still very early on in Trumps presidency & where in the list of priorities pursuing legal prosecution happens to be.  i can say for certain, that if non court proceedings can be effective, it is a lot less time taxing to pursue those avenues.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:44 PM, fittybolger said:

Is Milo a pedophile?

no Milo is not a pedophile.

pedophilia: attraction to prepubescent "Children'

hebephilia: attraction to pubescent or "early adolescent" youth.

ephobophilia: attraction to post pubescent or "late adolescent" youth.

Milo is also not guilty of committing ANY of the above, though he did advocate what is dubbed "pederasty" or relations between pubescent & post pubescent males & that sexual maturity wasn't a constant.  he also later conceded current laws where "about right" with regard to age restrictions.  he indeed did put his foot in his mouth & is getting crucified for it.

Adults shouldn't be touching kids, PERIOD!  & the only gray area i would concede is did the relationship start when both parties were "teenagers."  regardless, Milo can bounce back from this depending on how he plays his cards.  & the pedophile smear being lobbed in his direction is nothing more than grounds for defamation.  slander if spoken, libel if in print.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:44 PM, fittybolger said:

Edit 2: I can't help but wonder if the exact same comments made by a progressive homosexual would be hailed as "liberating" or "courageous" by the same media? Milo has claimed he was joking...

you mean George Takei? https://heatst.com/culture-wars/george-takei-spoke-glowingly-about-being-molested-as-young-teen-by-older-man/

Camp Councillor or Priest...  i guess pity Milo didn't say it was a Mullah, maybe then he could get a pass, but Priest...  OH HELL NO SISTAH GUUURL!

50 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

well then, you seem to have it all figured out...

with that level of genius; it is a wonder how you ever got stuck in a call center, with the advice you dispense...

Laziness, mostly. It would hardly be fair of people like me to have both brains and drive, otherwise people like yourself would be out of jobs.

i do not agree with this position.  my point here is, my support for Trump isn't some blind unconditional worship. 

Good. That's all anyone can ask for. It's still a surprise that you can continue to defend him referring to a TV programme as if it was actually happening at the time.

you don't agree with the methods, but again, you work in a call center & he is the President.

Seems I haven't been offering you an up-to-date CV to keep track of, but I don't work in a call centre anymore. Regardless, criticism doesn't require a similar position, otherwise you'd need to be a politician yourself.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

So we need to supply our job and education before we are allowed to provide an opinion on the methods of those that govern our countries? Perhaps we need a IQ test before being allowed to vote?

Edit: I suppose when you're not doing a great job winning a debate attacking the person making the argument instead is a common tactic we have seen a lot recently. 

• Upvote 1

Perhaps we need a IQ test before being allowed to vote?

Absolutely. 

And before being allowed to post here, as well. 

• Upvote 1

Now, now, play nice assholes everyone.

On the bright side...

Trump ends federal level Transgender bathroom regulations... progressives say I should check my privilege and I say they should check their bits 'n pieces.  

and

Trump is moving on declaring Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization... Sweetness! More please!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Now, now, play nice assholes everyone.

On the bright side...

Trump ends federal level Transgender bathroom regulations... progressives say I should check my privilege and I say they should check their bits 'n pieces.  

and

Trump is moving on declaring Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization... Sweetness! More please!

I declared them that years ago, so he is way behind ;)

22 minutes ago, Papi said:

So fitty is not only homophobic (sorry, "anti-homosexual"), he's also transphobic.  Color me surprised.

To be honest papi, the bathroom thing is a difficult one, on the one hand I see the argument for it but on the other it could be open to abuse, what would stop some pervert just pretending to be trans so that they can use the other bathroom? I don't know what the answer is but I can see both sides here. 

The previous homophobic comment I chose to ignore, there are people not worth arguing with about some subjects.