LOTROCommunity
LasraelLarson

Have you voted? ;)

27 minutes ago, Doro said:

Probably, yeah. Most places I've worked at wouldn't let you use a work phone for personal things, nor would they allow a work email account to be accessed through a personal phone. It's standard rules for security.

But that's slightly different to having work emails on a personal account, since any hack wouldn't get both accounts for your example.

The corporation I'm at will let you use a personal phone with a work email address, provided your phone meets their requirements for a mobile device and you submit your personal phone to their security policy.  Once those two conditions are met (so your personal phone is basically managed by their IT department), THEN you can add your work email to your personal phone.

17 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

The corporation I'm at will let you use a personal phone with a work email address, provided your phone meets their requirements for a mobile device and you submit your personal phone to their security policy.  Once those two conditions are met (so your personal phone is basically managed by their IT department), THEN you can add your work email to your personal phone.

Where I work, those that need to access their emails on the go, mainly management, have a work phone.  The phone is setup by IT and the do regular checks on the phone.  They are not allowed to use the phone for non work related activities.

58 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Sounds like they're being cheap and cutting corners to avoid giving people work phones.

23 minutes ago, Doro said:

Sounds like they're being cheap and cutting corners to avoid giving people work phones.

Actually, this company is one of the major enterprise management software houses, so all of us corporate minions are actually dogfooding the cell phone management software product.  So it's actually not cutting corners as we're all helping with the development and testing of the management software by using just about every phone model under the sun, and having people scream VERY LOUDLY at the team when something gets screwed up.

99.99999% of the time, you don't notice any significant difference from not being enrolled.

4 hours ago, JRonnie said:

Why? As has been pointed out, there's a pretty big fucking difference between the security of emails for the Secretary of State of the United States and some midwest Governor that anyone outside of Indiana probably would never heard of.  

I shouldn't have to point this out, but the two massive differences are.  One - As Governor of Indiana, he didn't handle any classified material (unlike the Secretary of State).  Two - Under Indiana law it was not illegal for him to do so (unlike the Secretary of State). 

Unless the supposition here is that no one who's had a private email server is allowed to criticise Hillary.....

Number two is key. This was the basis for much of the issue people had with Hillary. No hypocrisy for Pence at all.

10 hours ago, Doro said:

Not quite. Whatever shit we have in our emails are entirely private and not governmental. So it's fine for us. But for actual public servants it's a different matter (regardless of the level of information handled).

Nobody here has said that. People have simply pointed out the hypocrisy of a government official using a private email server condemning another for doing the same thing.

Well, yes, you did say that really as the Hypocrisy charge requires some sort of comparative equivalency.

If Hillary had only used her private server for those 33,000 deleted "legitimate" cake recipes *cough* nobody, including Pence, would have a problem with that. It was what that private server was actually used for, and it's vulnerability / illegality for that purpose, that made it an issue. 

Pence did use his private server for work purposes so equivalency could be determined on an innocuous level but there is no equivalency, IMO, between the type of National Security information made vulnerable on Hillary's private server which is the actual basis for the condemnation against Hillary. Lock her up!  

What you have to keep in mind with the Clintons is that they have a reputation for being about the most corrupt politicians in the country, yet Slick Willie tends to get away with it... or ate least they have for a very, very long time.

It's a bit like Al Capone and all the shenanigans he did back in the early 20th Century... and people calling for his arrest.

44 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

What you have to keep in mind with the Clintons is that they have a reputation for being about the most corrupt politicians in the country, yet Slick Willie tends to get away with it... or ate least they have for a very, very long time.

It's a bit like Al Capone and all the shenanigans he did back in the early 20th Century... and people calling for his arrest.

You've never been around SE US politics... have you?...

1 hour ago, fittybolger said:

Well, yes, you did say that really as the Hypocrisy charge requires some sort of comparative equivalency.

The equivalency being that both are public officials that used private email servers. Not levels, or kinds, or outcomes. What you're suggesting isn't being said.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

What you have to keep in mind with the Clintons is that they have a reputation for being about the most corrupt politicians in the country...

I'm fairly certain even the most staunch leftists know this. It's partly why so many got behind Bernie instead of Hillary. It's just a shame they then made a U-turn on their criticism of her, just to try to keep a democrat in charge. That's probably the most frustrating mind-set that US voters have; loyalty to a party, instead of voting for ideas.

12 minutes ago, Doro said:

I'm fairly certain even the most staunch leftists know this. It's partly why so many got behind Bernie instead of Hillary. It's just a shame they then made a U-turn on their criticism of her, just to try to keep a democrat in charge. That's probably the most frustrating mind-set that US voters have; loyalty to a party, instead of voting for ideas.

As Sanders said - There is no choice now between Sanders and Clinton, but between Clinton and Trump. 

Many times have I voted "against" a party or someone - it's purely rational. It's silly to state - I don't like this Old Corrupt Cow, so I'm not voting for her - and get a Devil Incarnate ;) instead.  

If the whole nation had ONE, identical lunch served for 4 years according to a vote - and the choice was between pizza (which I don't like) and curry (which I hate) try to guess what the rational voting choice would be. (According to me ;) )  

And no, don't tell that after 4 years I'd come to like curry. ;)

2 minutes ago, Jedy2 said:

As Sanders said - There is no choice now between Sanders and Clinton, but between Clinton and Trump. 

But that was also a mistake. There were always more than two candidates available, but it was commonly perpetuated that it was only Clinton vs Trump. Stein was the next logical person to vote for after Sanders, but the broken coverage system resulted in Trump and Clinton being viewed as legitimate candidates. Like pizza vs curry, but the options of steak, lobster, and tuna steak are ignored.

29 minutes ago, Doro said:

But that was also a mistake. There were always more than two candidates available, but it was commonly perpetuated that it was only Clinton vs Trump. Stein was the next logical person to vote for after Sanders, but the broken coverage system resulted in Trump and Clinton being viewed as legitimate candidates. Like pizza vs curry, but the options of steak, lobster, and tuna steak are ignored.

In 2012 other took less than 2% of the popular vote.  This time it was around 6%.  I wonder how many people decided to vote other rather then Clinton in swing states that ended up costing her a win

3 hours ago, fittybolger said:

If Hillary had only used her private server for those 33,000 deleted "legitimate" cake recipes *cough* nobody, including Pence, would have a problem with that. It was what that private server was actually used for, and it's vulnerability / illegality for that purpose, that made it an issue. 

Pence did use his private server for work purposes so equivalency could be determined on an innocuous level but there is no equivalency, IMO, between the type of National Security information made vulnerable on Hillary's private server which is the actual basis for the condemnation against Hillary. Lock her up!  

Not to mention that it isn't illegal for the Indiana governor to use a private server. In fact, they aren't allowed to use a government server for political purposes -- they have to use a private server. He used both a private server and a government server while in office.

4 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Many times have I voted "against" a party or someone - it's purely rational. It's silly to state - I don't like this Old Corrupt Cow, so I'm not voting for her - and get a Devil Incarnate ;) instead.  

If the whole nation had ONE, identical lunch served for 4 years according to a vote - and the choice was between pizza (which I don't like) and curry (which I hate) try to guess what the rational voting choice would be. (According to me ;) )  

And no, don't tell that after 4 years I'd come to like curry. ;)

Nothing wrong with Curry mate ;)

The hotter the better.

13 hours ago, LordVorontur said:

Nothing wrong with Curry mate ;)

The hotter the better.

Why don't the two of you go check into the love hotel and spare us the details.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Why don't the two of you go check into the love hotel and spare us the details.

Nah. Sorry, but I don't go for grumpy dwarves.

1 hour ago, LordVorontur said:

Nah. Sorry, but I don't go for grumpy dwarves.

Alm is obviously a One-Track-Minded Elf, disregard him. 

1 hour ago, Jedy2 said:

Alm is obviously a One-Track-Minded Elf, disregard him. 

Still, we are not Legolas and Gimli, you and I.

4 hours ago, LordVorontur said:

Still, we are not Legolas and Gimli, you and I.

Looks at Lord's Kinship.

Feels surrounded by Elves.

Abandons topic. 

Watch Paul Ryan's face when Trump says the time for trivial fights is behind us, about 7 seconds in.  Dont think he believes Trump

CIA Wikileaks... burn it down and scatter the ashes to the wind.

Perhaps more ahead and form other agencies as well? Put the fear into the intelligence community and the whole rotten to the core globalist swamp.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/776066/Vault-7-what-is-Year-Zero-release-latest-WikiLeaks-Julian-Assange-announcement

3 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Wikileaks ever leak any Russian stuff?

Who do you think leaks everything to wikileaks

25 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

My point exactly ;)

Haha... 

Been watching the "deep state" news lately and the "leaks" about Trump to MSM types?

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that there is at least one or two deep state leakers that didn't worship Obama/Clinton types?

Ever think that Trump now has access to all the dirty laundry of Slick Willy and Obama? Would have to dig through the records but I have read somewhere that Bannon (I believe) has had teams of devotees doing exactly that.

Watch Breitbart and Drudge and... for some "scoops" in days / weeks to come. hehe

Oh how I'll love it when someday a little spark turns into an establishment firestorm.