LOTROCommunity

Have you voted? ;)

48 minutes ago, fittybolger said:
3 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Trump commented on that, and it was to give them the option of not coming, otherwise they would be required to be there.  Sometimes they need that flexibility as they can't be everywhere at once.

And Steve Bannon? Are you going to comment on that or just continue to deflect?

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For one thing, anyone who's password is.... 'password' is just an idiot. Regardless I don't give a stuff if Russia is behind it or not (and given that no evidence has been produced, one has to wo

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I don't need to do anything

So deflection then...got it.

22 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

1. Yes, he didn't win the popular vote. He's also the duly elected POTUS.

3. Your statement that someone "needs to be silenced" speaks volumes. Right along with those in Berkeley, you want to control the speech of those you disagree with.

3. It's not that I want to control his speech...I simply acknowledge that his type of speech, his self-serving rhetoric comes from an ugly place.  There is nothing noble or righteous about him.  He couldn't care less about freedom of speech.  He wants a reaction, to stir the pot, to provoke--none of it for noble intentions--and he doesn't give a shit if it ends up inciting violence.  He probably hopes it does.  He's playing the right and the left against each other and making a quick buck while doing it.  It's inevitably destructive and divisive. So yeah, while I wouldn't try to stop him from doing a public speaking event at a college...if I ran into him down the pub and he started spouting his usual bullshit, I would have no problem showing him the door (forcibly, if necessary).

1. Yes, he most certainly is.  Remember these:  

ph569iqxc02qbwe.jpg

pha1nl69s02qbwe.jpg

phd1e5yio02qbwe.jpg

phl48744gk2qbwe.jpg

phwm3gf8o42qbwe.jpg

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

How can I deflect something that's a non-issue because you don't understand how things actually work?  Again, this is par for the course for Democrats because they know they're supposed to be mad because their shepherds say they're supposed to be mad, but none of them actually understand why.

I know you're triggered and all, but please start to make sense again - and for the love of God, please start to use your head for something other than an enema.

Ugh. Try treating people with a bit more respect. There's no need for the personal insults, imo.

3 hours ago, Papi said:

So deflection then...got it.

3. It's not that I want to control his speech...I simply acknowledge that his type of speech, his self-serving rhetoric comes from an ugly place.  There is nothing noble or righteous about him.  He couldn't care less about freedom of speech.  He wants a reaction, to stir the pot, to provoke--none of it for noble intentions--and he doesn't give a shit if it ends up inciting violence.  He probably hopes it does.  He's playing the right and the left against each other and making a quick buck while doing it.  It's inevitably destructive and divisive. So yeah, while I wouldn't try to stop him from doing a public speaking event at a college...if I ran into him down the pub and he started spouting his usual bullshit, I would have no problem showing him the door (forcibly, if necessary).

1. Yes, he most certainly is.  Remember these:  

ph569iqxc02qbwe.jpg

pha1nl69s02qbwe.jpg

phd1e5yio02qbwe.jpg

phl48744gk2qbwe.jpg

phwm3gf8o42qbwe.jpg

3. OK, that's different than silencing him altogether. Or burning shit in protest.

1. Not all of them, I don't, no. Some came later than first week histrionics though.

9 hours ago, Papi said:

Yes, all liberals are secretly fascists.  And the Republican party has never enforced their morally superior views on the masses...anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-gun control, anti-regulation, anti-environment...yada yada yada.  

There has always been a disconnect between the right when it comes to practicing what they preach.  After all, it's hard to be a god loving Christian when you are condemning people to hell from your pulpit.  The fringe left has simply taken a page out of the right's book of hypocrisy.

How do you always manage to read what I write and come up with some imaginary version in your head? Criticism of leftist hypocrisy does not equate to promotion of the right. And no, there's nothing secret about leftist fascism lately, either.

Actually, you seem to think I'm somehow on the right (even though, from your list alone, I'm pro-choice, pro-equal rights, pro-gun control, anti-corporation, and an environmentalist, as well as being anti-patriotic, an atheist, and opposed to glorifying the military), simply because I'm pointing out the current issue with the left.

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm getting tired of his pretentious attitude and bigoted assumption that Republican = <insert insult here>

Then you must be reading the wrong thread, because that is not what I've been doing.  I would never be so foolish enough to paint the entire Republican party with one brush.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Criticism of leftist hypocrisy does not equate to promotion of the right.

Fair enough.

Lets see how people defend Kellyanne Conway.  Firstly we get alternative facts.  Now we have the Bowling Green Massacre, that never actually happened.  Making up massacres to try and justify the travel ban.  This is just getting stupid now.  Trumps administration really will try anything to justify the travel ban

45 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

More proof of the media bias on the UC Berkeley riot reporting.  This is the same kind of stuff that has plagued Republicans for decades, as the media will not represent them correctly **AT ALL**.

Yet you demonstrate your programming well by knee jerk reactions to certain topics... so I seriously doubt how genuine you are here.

another video of Milo...looks like someone's got a man-crush :)

36 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Lets see how people defend Kellyanne Conway.  Firstly we get alternative facts.  Now we have the Bowling Green Massacre, that never actually happened.  Making up massacres to try and justify the travel ban.  This is just getting stupid now.  Trumps administration really will try anything to justify the travel ban

It's indefensible, but they will try.  And she will continue to play the victim card like she has been of late.

Just my thought on those trying to silence Milo, just let speak, everyone no matter how much you dislike then and what they have to say should have the chance to speak.  If you liet idiots talk they will end up making fools of themselves, if you try to stop them you look like the fool

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

Give me a break... "making up"?

You are claiming this was a deliberate attempt to manufacture a terrorist slaughter... yup... right... brilliant.

How about a simpler explanation? How about someone who spends entire days facing a hostile media simply misspoke?

I know that is beyond the realm of possibility... this was obviously a Machiavellian attempt to further a genocidal program of preventing travel from countries deemed to harbor terrorist elements. /sarcasm... bigly

Rather like the 7/11 subway bombings or the Bali baseball bombing. Hope nobody caught me trying to manufacture a slaughter that didn't happen... perhaps they will not notice?

Your post is ridiculous.

Edit: Apply your last post (above mine) to your post I quoted above...

Edit 2: I apologize, cossie, if I was too harsh in my reply... made my blood boil.

1 hour ago, fittybolger said:

Give me a break... "making up"?

You are claiming this was a deliberate attempt to manufacture a terrorist slaughter... yup... right... brilliant.

How about a simpler explanation? How about someone who spends entire days facing a hostile media simply misspoke?

I know that is beyond the realm of possibility... this was obviously a Machiavellian attempt to further a genocidal program of preventing travel from countries deemed to harbor terrorist elements. /sarcasm... bigly

Rather like the 7/11 subway bombings or the Bali baseball bombing. Hope nobody caught me trying to manufacture a slaughter that didn't happen... perhaps they will not notice?

Your post is ridiculous.

What a complete load of bullshit.  The massacre she is referring to--and using as a reason to enforce the travel ban--simply didn't happen.  If this doesn't fall under the realm of "fake news"--a term her and her boss LOVE to throw at the media on a daily basis--I don't know what is.  Don't get in front of the fucking TV and spout bullshit and not expect to get called out for it.  The "alternative facts" buffoonery, I actually give her a pass on that one, but this...

But, yes poor old Kellyanne, my heart bleeds for her having to face such a "hostile" media.  Give me a fucking break already.  The team that led one of the most vicious and incendiary campaigns in the past 30 years is now going to start playing the victim card.  Priceless.

Your post is just too precious.

Did you even watch the video?

The problem the Left has with Milo is that he's actually thought provoking enough that he's funny and persuasive.  If you actually watch his lectures (on his channel) you'd see this.  Milo even handles the hecklers with more respect and courtesy than they really deserve (probably because he's British).

I did.  Actually, I watched quite a few.  My exposure to him had been some rather old videos where he was being--if you can believe it--even more over the top than he is now.  I still think he's a prick.  He's a provocateur simply for the sake of being a provocateur.  However, there are some nuggets of truth in what he says.  But here is my issue...he can be cruel, he can be nasty and he takes zero responsibility for how others (his followers) react and act on his "truths".  Now you may think (as does he) that how people that follow him on social media etc. act has nothing to do with him, but I disagree.  He likes to start shit, but then backs off when it gets out of control or taken to a dark place (which he initially instigates) and acts like he's above it all.  I just don't agree with that mentality.  

SO it seems that 100000 visa have been cancelled by this executive order, and it you take out diplomatic and expired visas that drops to 60000.  If you look at all the terrorist attacks on US soil from 1975-2015 no Americans we killed by citizens of the 7 countries from the travel ban.

It seems like their is little evidence for the ban

17 minutes ago, Papi said:

What a complete load of bullshit.  The massacre she is referring to--and using as a reason to enforce the travel ban--simply didn't happen.  If this doesn't fall under the realm of "fake news"--a term her and her boss LOVE to throw at the media on a daily basis--I don't know what is.  Don't get in front of the fucking TV and spout bullshit and not expect to get called out for it.  The "alternative facts" buffoonery, I actually give her a pass on that one, but this...

But, yes poor old Kellyanne, my heart bleeds for her having to face such a "hostile" media.  Give me a fucking break already.  The team that led one of the most vicious and incendiary campaigns in the past 30 years is now going to start playing the victim card.  Priceless.

Your post is just too precious. /snip

Mrs. Conway is 50 years old with a net worth of ~$4 million.

Seems you misspoke. Or are you intentionally attempting to mislead?

Perhaps you are aware of the speculation that Barack Hussein Obama was actually a Moslem?

9.   Faith confusion:   No wonder so many Americans are unsure of the President’s faith, as he seems to be confused himself.   During the 2008 campaign, during an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Obama said, “What I was suggesting-you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith,” before Stephanopoulos jumped in to help, saying ”your Christian faith.”

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/

4 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Mrs. Conway is 50 years old with a net worth of ~$4 million.

Seems you misspoke. Or are you intentionally attempting to mislead?

"poor old" is a phrase used to imply sympathy towards someone.  In this case, I was being sarcastic.  A play on words.  I didn't however, cite an event that never happened as an excuse to pass a federal mandate.  But please...keep making excuses.  It's amusing.

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

To be bluntly honest, as long as things in the US improve, and the company I'm working for doesn't get thoroughly screwed over by the mandate, I don't care who we decide to bar and let into the US.

There's some parts of the world that are openly hostile to the US, and I'd rather then stay over there than over here.

I agree there are places that are openly hostile to the U.S.

But the implementation of this particular mandate was botched in execution and the supposed reasoning behind it.  The U.S. isn't the world.  I understand the need to protect our own borders and take care of our own, but we aren't helping ourselves by turning a blind eye to refugees who genuinely need aid. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia--where the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were from, where women can't drive, gays are put in jail or killed, being an atheist is considered an act of terrorism, etc. etc.--is unaffected.  

Just so we're absolutely clear here:

During an interview with MSNBC's Chris Matthews on Thursday, White House counsellorr and spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway said Trump's recent executive order was justified in part because of the "Bowling Green massacre" of 2011, which never took place.

Conway corrected herself on Friday in a post on Twitter, saying: "Honest mistakes abound."

Conway said on Twitter that she meant to say "Bowling Green terrorists" on the show.

In fact, in May 2011, two Iraqi men were arrested in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and charged with attempting to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda in Iraq. They admitted to using improvised explosive devices against US soldiers in Iraq.

Mohanad Shareef Hammadi and Waad Ramadan Alwan pleaded guilty and were sentenced to life in prison and to 40 years in prison, respectively. 

16 minutes ago, JRonnie said:

Just so we're absolutely clear here:

During an interview with MSNBC's Chris Matthews on Thursday, White House counsellorr and spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway said Trump's recent executive order was justified in part because of the "Bowling Green massacre" of 2011, which never took place.

Conway corrected herself on Friday in a post on Twitter, saying: "Honest mistakes abound."

Conway said on Twitter that she meant to say "Bowling Green terrorists" on the show.

In fact, in May 2011, two Iraqi men were arrested in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and charged with attempting to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda in Iraq. They admitted to using improvised explosive devices against US soldiers in Iraq.

Mohanad Shareef Hammadi and Waad Ramadan Alwan pleaded guilty and were sentenced to life in prison and to 40 years in prison, respectively. 

"Massacre" versus "terrorist" one is an act/event and the other is used to describe someone.  Pretty strange to get those two words mixed up. One does a better job justifying the need for a federal mandate, surely.  But, at least she made the correction.  

I dont think it was an accident.  I think it was intentional.

It is something I have seen a lot recently, spread misinformation, apologise/correct within in a day or 2.  The original misinformation, especially when on social media spreads like wildfire, where as the apology and or correction is most glossed over.  This is not just something that is happening in the US.  I see it a lot in Scotland from the SNP and it seems to work.  People grab onto the original bit of news and ignore the retraction

30 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

That's also why I really don't like the news media... they know they can manipulate the public, and they've done it without repercussion... until now.

That behavior also allows for the "fake news" argument... which should never exist in the first place.

The online media has a different problem.  The site that posts the information first gets the click which leads to more ad money, so they want to publish everything as fast as possible and they dont care if it turns out to be fake.  The same thing applies on TV more viewers equal more ad money and that is all that matters.

Breaking news - Seattle Judge issue temporary nationwide block on the travel ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38864253

After UC Berkeley, this is warranted:

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-declare-antifa-a-terrorist-organization

Saudi Arabia, unlike Syria, Iran, and Yemen, can actually smack around these guys in the Middle East if we're giving them enough economic incentives to do so.  And unlike the US, Saudi Arabia (and Turkey, Israel, and Egypt for that matter) can bring the smack down in a way that gets the point across to them in a way the US can't.

We need to stop screwing around in the Middle East, and try to get Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Israel to stabilize the area.  We also need to be a little more hands off in the rest of the world militarily... excluding halfwit dictators attempting to launch nukes at us that is.

Like you've never stuck your foot in your mouth before, or misspoke...

Cut her some slack, she's still new at the job.

New at her job?

Are you absolutely sure she is new at her job?

She's not had several years of practice talking to the media or campaigning, or being in politics in general?

She didn't misspeak. She intentionally misled.

23 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

New at her job?

Are you absolutely sure she is new at her job?

She's not had several years of practice talking to the media or campaigning, or being in politics in general?

lol... To what end?

Attempting to create a false terrorist attack when there are so many genuine terror incidents that could have legitimately been used?

You snowflakes are trying to contrive a tin foil hat answer to something that has far more reasonable explanations.

But hey... indulge yourselves... wallow in your bigly butt-hurt... Trump won and I am loving it. :) 

Edit: Next up Le Pen and/or Wilders and the dissolution of the EU... "I love the smell of napalm in the morning".

Edit 2: "There's nothing you can do when you're the next in line
You've got to go domino."

7 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

lol... To what end?

Attempting to create a false terrorist attack when there are so many genuine terror incidents that could have legitimately been used?

Yes, of course, I often say "massacre" when I mean to say something else. 

So when did these "so many genuine terror incidents" occur that would warrant a travel ban for these specific countries? #fakenews

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

Yes, of course, I often say "massacre" when I mean to say something else. 

So when did these "so many genuine terror incidents" occur that would warrant a travel ban for these specific countries? #fakenews

lol... that is a joke? Right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

As for "these specific countries" feel free to sift through that listing. :) 

6 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

lol... that is a joke? Right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

As for "these specific countries" feel free to sift through that listing. :) 

I'm referring to incidents in the U.S. (the country imposing the travel ban and turning away refugees).  What is it with you Trump supporters and the failed art of deflection?  

/shrug

10 minutes ago, Papi said:

I'm referring to incidents in the U.S. (the country imposing the travel ban and turning away refugees).  What is it with you Trump supporters and the failed art of deflection?  

/shrug

lol... Well foreign terrorist incidents are a teensy weensy bit relevant since it is a ban on foreigners entering the USA.

And, I repeat, feel free to go through that list.

And I also suggest you progressives ask Obama who named these 7 "countries of concern" in the predecessor of this policy.

By the oh so impartial BBC no less: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38798588

1 hour ago, LordVorontur said:

1 hour ago, fittybolger said:

lol... To what end?

I'd still like to see this answered.  Absolutely no one thinks that there was a 'bowling green massacre' and she clarified that the following day.  If this was planned, they'd have to know that it was going to be easily debunked straight away and that the media would have a field day with it.