LOTROCommunity

Have you voted? ;)

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

I dont think it was an accident.  I think it was intentional.

It is something I have seen a lot recently, spread misinformation, apologise/correct within in a day or 2.  The original misinformation, especially when on social media spreads like wildfire, where as the apology and or correction is most glossed over.  This is not just something that is happening in the US.  I see it a lot in Scotland from the SNP and it seems to work.  People grab onto the original bit of news and ignore the retraction

No, it is to cause fatigue so that people stop being interested in what is true.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For one thing, anyone who's password is.... 'password' is just an idiot. Regardless I don't give a stuff if Russia is behind it or not (and given that no evidence has been produced, one has to wo

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Therefore, it's not really worth the time to respond because all they'll do is keep QQing about how Trump (and his cabinet) breathed wrong, or used the wrong enunciation of the word "the" in their last interview.

And yet, if one of those pesky little SWJ liberals (sigh) invented a massacre that never happened to help justify something, you--and people who think like you--would be having a field day.  I mean it's not like she just replaced one word for the other, she actually said there was an attack that wasn't covered by the media.

The sad truth...somewhere out there, a group of uninformed idiots genuinely think there was a massacre due to her televised "mistake" and in 6 months to a year there will be a fake news entry making it's way through social media.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have a massacre...I mean, a wank.  Sorry, I'm new at this and often get those two words confused.

/facepalm.

6 minutes ago, Papi said:

And yet, if one of those pesky little SWJ liberals (sigh) invented a massacre that never happened to help justify something, you--and people who think like you--would be having a field day.

The sad truth...somewhere out there, a group of uninformed idiots genuinely think there was a massacre due to her televised "mistake" and in 6 months to a year there will be a fake news entry making it's way through social media.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have a massacre...I mean, a wank.  Sorry, I'm new at this and often get those two words confused.

/facepalm.

"invented a massacre" hang on to that with all your might little snowflake... cuz you iz livin' in the Trump age now baby!

And honey badger don't give a shit!

I have to side with the anti-banners on this one, particularly regarding terrorist connections to these nations. I just went back through terrorist attacks in the last 25 years, and only one of them was by a citizen of the 7 banned nations (and even he had moved to the US from Iran at the age of 2). All the other terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and even Britain. But the largest number of terrorist attacks in the US from one nationality? Citizens of the US. Most of them Muslim (and, obviously, the same goes for the terrorists from outside the US, too).

Now that's not to say those 7 banned nations aren't a threat, because some of them have been for Europe (though Iran seems to have been added just because the US doesn't like them, which was why the Iraq and Afghanistan wars took place, too), but they are certainly not responsible for past incidents in the US. There is more of a reason to ban those other nations than to ban the ones chosen (by Obama, too).

In regards to that woman saying massacre instead of terrorist, it's likely she said it simply because they have no actual examples to back it up, so she exaggerated to try to validate it. From the fact she was mentioning "you've probably never heard of it", it makes me think it was intentional. If it was a ban of Muslims (which they couldn't do without upsetting Saudi Arabia, who would just send more terrorists in planes over and leave some poorer nation to get invaded in retaliation), they'd have a plethora of examples, but they chose to ban by nationality, and seemingly didn't look any further into it.

And in regards to King Milo (or should I say Queen, especially after his drag alter ego came out?), there's a lot I don't agree with him on (such as Israel and religion, for example), but he should certainly be free to speak. Whether people find him to be distasteful or not, it doesn't matter. Otherwise I'd be looking for hundreds of idiots to stop giving SJW/theistic lectures.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You guys don't have the appropriate appreciation for how much those countries hate the US:

I think a shorter list would be who doesn't hate the US.

Regardless, hating another nation (and I say reasonably, too) shouldn't be enough to ban all citizens. Especially when there's been no past threats from them, while other nations are let off the hook.

What's with the video, though? A guy's anecdote about how citizens in a now banned nation would treat a person from the US. It doesn't really provide much substance.

I'm not sure what that video is supposed to demonstrate other than the guys ability to tell a cool story. 

Fact is the US already has the best airport boarder security in the world, has done since 9/11. It's already a very difficult country to reach, unlike Europe it can't be reached by land or a short boat ride. If a terrorist wants to reach the US they have to be pretty determined. This ban does nothing to stop the determined terrorist, they can still provide fake Saudi id, or fly to Mexico or Canada and cross the border, or fly to Cuba or Dominican Republic and sneek in by boat. The determined terrorist will generally lie, cheat, and sneek there way in. All the ban does is stop innocent people trying to arrive legitimately or refugees seeking help. 

The question that should be being asked is why have some US Muslim citizens turned to extremism and caused terrorist acts, what causes someone who has lived in America there entire life turn against the country. Because that seems to be where the major terrorist threat is. 

6 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

The question that should be being asked is why have some US Muslim citizens turned to extremism and caused terrorist acts, what causes someone who has lived in America there entire life turn against the country. Because that seems to be where the major terrorist threat is. 

1 hour ago, Laurinaohtar said:

/snip

Not just a problem the USA but Canada, UK, France... all over the West. If they turn radical, and avoid obvious radical associations in a Mosque or internet, they become much more difficult to preempt. Remember "Jihadi John" and others who, fortunately, went to Iraq or Syria to fight for ISIS rather than take a homemade bomb into their local McDonalds.

Jedy2 suggests racism and while, no doubt, a factor there is also the long term conflict between Muslim nations and Islam in general that the internet or a radical Mosque can use on any dissatisfied individual to turn a smoldering resentment into a fire.

But you know all this (I would bet)... there are a few billion humans on this planet and understanding the motivations of all of them is above my pay grade.

2 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

^^This.  Well, according to Milo, the ginger population in the U.K. is at risk of being radicalized due to their poor treatment by all non-gingers.  LOL

Joking aside, it's the strong (i.e. those with a malicious agenda) taking advantage of the weak and disenfranchised.  The actual religion of Islam is just a shield these "recruiters" hide behind to bring people into the fold (imo), but in the end I think religion has very little to do with it.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

I have to side with the anti-banners on this one, particularly regarding terrorist connections to these nations. I just went back through terrorist attacks in the last 25 years, and only one of them was by a citizen of the 7 banned nations (and even he had moved to the US from Iran at the age of 2). All the other terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and even Britain. But the largest number of terrorist attacks in the US from one nationality? Citizens of the US. Most of them Muslim (and, obviously, the same goes for the terrorists from outside the US, too).

Now that's not to say those 7 banned nations aren't a threat, because some of them have been for Europe (though Iran seems to have been added just because the US doesn't like them, which was why the Iraq and Afghanistan wars took place, too), but they are certainly not responsible for past incidents in the US. There is more of a reason to ban those other nations than to ban the ones chosen (by Obama, too).

In regards to that woman saying massacre instead of terrorist, it's likely she said it simply because they have no actual examples to back it up, so she exaggerated to try to validate it. From the fact she was mentioning "you've probably never heard of it", it makes me think it was intentional. If it was a ban of Muslims (which they couldn't do without upsetting Saudi Arabia, who would just send more terrorists in planes over and leave some poorer nation to get invaded in retaliation), they'd have a plethora of examples, but they chose to ban by nationality, and seemingly didn't look any further into it.

And in regards to King Milo (or should I say Queen, especially after his drag alter ego came out?), there's a lot I don't agree with him on (such as Israel and religion, for example), but he should certainly be free to speak. Whether people find him to be distasteful or not, it doesn't matter. Otherwise I'd be looking for hundreds of idiots to stop giving SJW/theistic lectures.

Fuck me, I agree with virtually everything Doro said here.

The Apocalypse is nigh......

1 hour ago, Papi said:

^^This.  Well, according to Milo, the ginger population in the U.K. is at risk of being radicalized due to their poor treatment by all non-gingers.  LOL

Joking aside, it's the strong (i.e. those with a malicious agenda) taking advantage of the weak and disenfranchised.  The actual religion of Islam is just a shield these "recruiters" hide behind to bring people into the fold (imo), but in the end I think religion has very little to do with it.

I dunno. Some gingers(the male version)can defo be c*nts. Like the wife-beating ex of one of my friends.

45 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

This isnt the slightest bit worrying at all

A judge appointed by G W Bush, voted on and backed by the Republican controlled Senate with a vote of 99-0, is now only a so called judge.  Does Trump really believe he is above the law

i-am-not-above-the-law-i-am-the-law.png

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, fittybolger said:

Jedy2 suggests racism and while, no doubt, a factor there is also the long term conflict between Muslim nations and Islam in general that the internet or a radical Mosque can use on any dissatisfied individual to turn a smoldering resentment into a fire.

Racism, Hatred of The Other - (Blacks are a PERFECT "bouc emissaire", after all, they are black), an all-encompassing hypocrisy (our nation has always been the cradle of freedom and democracy, we freed Texas and Panama), "they love us everywhere we go"... 

Dear oh Dear, why are they killing us?  One of the mysteries of the universe.

BTW -  this is not restricted to the USA. 

*sigh*

once again to late to quote respond, too much sperg.  & i even had a nice Melania Trump speech writer quip lined up.

OK so member when i bothered to post the entire text of Trumps executive order?

why did it list the countries it did? and not say Saudi Arabia, or even more-so Pakistan & Afghanistan...  precedent is why.

& though most of you probably didn't read the actual words of Trumps executive order, its structure and reference is almost identical to this 2015 DHS order under Obama's administration, (of which Sally Yates was very much a part back then - Deputy Attorney General)

here is a link to the 2015 order, so you can see the wording and structure is VERY similar:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/158/text

now if you took the time to read the above & compare it to Trumps executive order, you can now see why Sally Yates offered no guidance whatsoever, or outlined a constitutional conflict, or recommended changes.  her job, BTW.  & then refused to enact, which boils down to my political feels, over actual substantive argument.  glad they canned her ass!  she was entirely useless at executing her position, IN EVERY WAY!

but that is the reason the 7 countries are listed in Trumps order, (they match the 2015 DHS order.)  precedent.  nothing more, nothing less.

& during the 3 month period, it is intended tougher vetting shall be put in place.  resetting the system for future immigration and issuance of visas, (looks to have even canceled a bunch of existing ones as well, forcing a reapplication at the end of the 3 month period.)

not that i much care for this guy, or his opinion on the application of constitutional law, he does also point to what opened the door for Trump:

the reason the 7 countries are listed where chosen, is due to building on a previous piece of legislation.

so yeah this new judge in Washington state will be overturned as the body of law specific to the attorney generals office regarding the constitution has already vetted the executive order...  this is just more performance & chaos narrative enforcement.  Theatrics aside, support for Trumps stance is still very strong among the base & those he won over due to things like this...

RE:

^not the real Sean Spicer, BTW.^  would have made a great thread title though. ;)  regardless, with folk like this driving and shifting the left movement:

by any means necessary, when you are swarming & assaulting people 20 on 1, yeah you need those calls to unity.  she is Marxist filth.  but as much as i can't stand her... her words & more-so the violence she incites, do more to shift the middle onto Trumps side.  & while the long term will yield gains for Trump...  the ample situations in the short term which Yvette Falarca & the extremist groups (Black Bloc, Antifa, etc.) that rally around her provide for self defense...  lets just say i would take guilty pleasure is seeing the teeth knocked clear out of her head.

but if she would avoid violence and just stick to peaceful protest, she & Milo both have a right to express political ideas.

in some instances...  we have well past the point of ideas challenging ideas however.

& the point when protest shifted to Arson & Assault  the police should have stepped in and made arrests, i guess Berkeley must have a lot of donuts shops or something cause those law officers in Berkeley... they were a bit dopey.  unless they were ordered to let the violence escalate?  if the later, we may see some lawsuits incoming, or restrictions of federal funds.

anyway, i guess be careful when you build a monster, should you lose control, it will devour you.  pretty much the current state of the Democratic party.  on the road to full implosion, with no checks on the very destructive forces in their midst.

the left is burning.  & their answer is to start more trash can fires... or worse.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh pull your head out of your ass...

It's going to be fought in court, but still has to go through the judicial process.

Please go learn about the US Court system, BEFORE you stick your foot in your mouth again you noobish Brit.

He could have just said that he intends to fight this in the courts and is confident of winning, but no he has to go and belittle a judge

Also how do I manage to put my foot in my mouth and my head up my ass at the same time.  

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Any idiot knows that he's using Twitter to troll the liberals... and from this thread I see it works wonderfully.

Being an internet troll is definitely the behavior befitting of the president of the USA

11 hours ago, Mallorn said:

Was going to comment but changed mind.

i thought for a minute what you might mean by this, but then i realized that was a rather pointless use of wonder.  ;)

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Any idiot knows that he's using Twitter to troll the liberals... and from this thread I see it works wonderfully.

Everyone else knows that you don't take what Trump says on Twitter seriously.

It's not rocket science...

Trump drives the media & news cycle & uses whatever bait he thinks will get most everyone talking about the subject he "suggests."  you absolutely should take what he brings up seriously.

it's how you chose to react...  or more importantly react at all, that matters most.  but just like before the election, his name dominates the headlines.  it is all intended to shift focus back to a subject of his choosing.  sometimes as distraction, other times with intent to focus attention where otherwise would get ignored.  but always with a purpose of building Brand.

as example, did you see any cancel TTP signs at the Republican Party National Convention?  unlikely.

how bout the DNC National Convention?  they were everywhere:

California.jpg

they were even so prolific that the DNC convention staff started to either take signs away, or remove those audience members as the convention progressed.

Trump utilizes populace messages across the political spectrum.  the travel ban & tighter vetting just happens to come from the Republican populace side.  canceling TTP Democrat.  & he knows demographics & what represents the largest pieces of the pie.

if he does pick a fight, whether on offense, or defense, there is usually a VERY good reason.  & whilst we see the things he does respond to, there are other things he is definitely aware of... & i have seen him completely ignore.

the list of things Trump could never do is long, yet he continues to defy in the face of a constant barrage of attacks.

& those populace points he is making headway on, regardless of opposition theatrics & payed media narrative, he is hitting the points with the demographics that will matter in the times when it needs to matter... elections.

8 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

Being an internet troll is definitely the behavior befitting of the president of the USA

and who keeps reacting?

fact is his methods have worked.  the Washington State Judges ruling will be overturned.  & in 3 months time there will be tougher visa vetting procedures in place & all those effected by the 3 month delay can start the process anew.  & TTP is canceled.  & the stock market continues to perform well.  & new plants with new jobs will be opening & infrastructure will be renovated or built anew.  & in 2 years time, the wall will be built & completed.

as for deportations, the DHS & immigration services will basically have their hands untied to utilize the existing methods & illegals will start going back.

the problem isn't Trump failing, rather that he will have continued success & the Democrats pretty much still have their pants around their ankles.  Trump continues to hit populace demographics across the political spectrum & the Democrats have 3 distinct subsections that will continue to increasingly be at odds with each other.  & while Trump takes unprecedented action, Dems are all talk & infighting. 

& the optics of resistance ever increasingly shift from peaceful protest too Vandalism, Arson & Assault...  indefensible & criminal acts intended to intimidate, but that ultimately will not be the effect.

even dumb-ass actresses are having cognitive dissonance:

speaking hastily, the profoundly uninformed has life come at her fast:

some were even Berkeley staff members in those masks Assaulting, Vandalizing & committing acts of Arson.  (there is proof.)

wrong again dopey.

the masked individuals (about 200+) Assaulted Attendees of the scheduled to happen Milo speech.  BAMN (by any means necessary) Blac Block & Antifa are not Alt-Right.  & when they started acting violent, the police & university security did not intervene, but let it escalate.  now i suppose they could have been lazy fat cops, that would have rather been consuming coffee & donuts at the locale shop...  or Berkeley's mayor & University officials could have told them to stand down.  regardless, grossly misinformed, former waitress, gleefully opens mouth and stupid falls out repeatedly.

well there was this little episode:

or the women convicted of wrong-think, who had their signage ripped up & were spat on.

up here in Canada (Edmonton) there was an assault.  there were isolated incidents all over.

but most of the masked in black did their role-play the previous day, attempting to disrupt the inauguration, but Dumb Debra (Messing) probably thinks they were also Alt-Right.  that celebrity life really does insulate quite well.  She was always the weakest link on Will & Grace.  not really a big surprise she turned out to be a massive red boil of ill-informed puss.  i hope the Will & Grace reboot bombs.

at least she called Antifa, Blac Block & BAMN cowards & despicable...  i am sure they'll appreciate that, and won't attempt to shut it down as wrong-think...

if the left also starts to reject them...

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And who the fuck do you think you are to say how a leader can (and can't) act?

He's the President, he can do whatever he wants to, provided he's not breaking any laws.

So elected leaders shouldn't be answerable to the people that elected them and instead can do whatever the fuck they want? 

45 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

So elected leaders shouldn't be answerable to the people that elected them and instead can do whatever the fuck they want? 

It's not even worth engaging Al at this point.  He voted for Trump (as he already stated) and he seems determined to defend the actions of Trump and his team (see his hilarious defense of Kellyanne "she's new at the job, cut her some slack") no matter what.  Even in the face of pure idiocy, when any rational person would step back and say "ok, fair enough, that was actually fucked up"...we instead get "He's the President, he can do whatever he wants to".  The hypocrisy being, if it was Obama saying this stupid shit or <insert any Democrat here> the outrage would be deafening.  That is when you realize it's time to give it a rest, because these people aren't even arguing in good faith.

58 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

the people that elected Trump are quite happy with him right now.

& whilst he hasn't won every point on the opposing spectrum, he has scored a point..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/23/sanders-praises-trump-for-nixing-tpp-delighted-to-work-with-him-on-pro-worker-policies/?utm_term=.bcdc6ada0903

he will score more in the weeks to come.

& the ones he has offended, smarter move than you would initially think.  those groups are either fringe & not harmonious with a much larger populace based group...  or they are actually a VERY fragmented body of disconnected & often opposing ideologies.  not difficult to get them to fracture, just look at feminists...  now by that do i mean white women?

the infighting among feminist sectarianism groups is spectacularly bitchy and i haven't even mentioned sex positive VS sex negative.  & then there is the Marxist Feminism, where your individual issues are irrelevant to the larger movement, which is nothing more than political Marxist identity politics that hard-line marginalizes significant numbers of women.  & GAWD forbid you should commit the thought crime of mentioning conditions for women in Africa, or the Arab world...  because that would be minimizing the daily oppression of western women.  can you believe he said i was pretty?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, he hits in places he can afford to offend & scores where it counts.

21 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

The difference, however, is that (IMO) Trump hasn't done anything I've seen as objectionable (yet).

Obama crossed that line when he decided that there are business that are "too big to fail" back in 2010 with the financial crisis.  Up until that point he was basically a do-nothing President, and his legacy is going to be either erased completely within the first 100 days of Trump, or forgotten to time.  

Nothing at all?  Ok...that says a lot.  Even conservative friends of mine have stepped back and been critical.  They still think that Trump was the better option (versus Hillary), but they still acknowledge a fuck-up when they see one.  It's this inability to do even that (with some of the Trump supporters), I find a bit troubling.

Businesses or Banks, specifically?  Obama inherited the financial crisis, he didn't create it.  I'd be interested to hear your solution to the financial crisis...all told, looking at the pure numbers, the U.S. is in a better place at the end of Obama's presidency than on the day he was first inaugurated.  Could we be in an even better place? Of course.  

As far as Obama's legacy...keep your eyes on the Republican party and the Affordable Care Act...I think you may be proven wrong on that one.

in the melee, i missed this...

On 2/3/2017 at 11:10 AM, cossieuk said:

Lets see how people defend Kellyanne Conway.  Firstly we get alternative facts.  Now we have the Bowling Green Massacre, that never actually happened.  Making up massacres to try and justify the travel ban.  This is just getting stupid now.  Trumps administration really will try anything to justify the travel ban

On 2/3/2017 at 2:07 PM, Papi said:

What a complete load of bullshit.  The massacre she is referring to--and using as a reason to enforce the travel ban--simply didn't happen.  If this doesn't fall under the realm of "fake news"--a term her and her boss LOVE to throw at the media on a daily basis--I don't know what is.  Don't get in front of the fucking TV and spout bullshit and not expect to get called out for it.  The "alternative facts" buffoonery, I actually give her a pass on that one, but this... 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, Papi said:

Yes, of course, I often say "massacre" when I mean to say something else. 

So when did these "so many genuine terror incidents" occur that would warrant a travel ban for these specific countries? #fakenews

well at least KellyAnn didn't use it as credentials for a run at the presidency...

29 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

well at least KellyAnn didn't use it as credentials for a run at the presidency...

But we aren't talking about Clinton.  This is the trend I keep seeing with avid Trump supporters when valid criticism is thrown their way..."yeah, but Hillary did blah blah blah".  Hillary isn't the President.  She lost.  Stop using her as a scapegoat or as a means of deflection.  Jesus, Trump will be into his third year in the job and people like you will still be saying "yeah, but Hillary..."