LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Screw You 2016

Only if you thought the status quo was just peachy-keen.

I see 2016 offering the potential for a global change of course to continue and build in 2017 and I am good with that.

EU? UN? Globalism? "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".

17 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Only if you thought the status quo was just peachy-keen.

I see 2016 offering the potential for a global change of course to continue and build in 2017 and I am good with that.

EU? UN? Globalism? "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".

My post was more about those who have died this year.  So many people that we have growing up watching, listening to, reading what they have written.  

4 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

My post was more about those who have died this year.  So many people that we have growing up watching, listening to, reading what they have written.  

That's how I took it, cossie.

Wasn't all bad...

Meet Adeline.

Born July 3rd 2016. (toy over her head was my Christmas present... that's right... Uh-huh... I made her smile. :) )addie christmas.jpg

• Upvote 3

2015 was no different in terms of celebrity deaths, really. Nor was 2014. For some reason, this year just got meme'd really hard for it.

38 minutes ago, Doro said:

2015 was no different in terms of celebrity deaths, really. Nor was 2014. For some reason, this year just got meme'd really hard for it.

maybe in actual numbers perhaps...but the fact that we lost Bowie, Prince and George (musical icons quite a few of us probably grew up listening to)...in 2016 I think who died had a larger impact.

15 minutes ago, Papi said:

maybe in actual numbers perhaps...but the fact that we lost Bowie, Prince and George (musical icons quite a few of us probably grew up listening to)...in 2016 I think who died had a larger impact.

Leonard Nimoy, Lemmy & Phil Taylor, Terry Pratchett, Christopher Lee and Wes Craven all died last year, though.

38 minutes ago, Doro said:

Leonard Nimoy, Lemmy & Phil Taylor, Terry Pratchett, Christopher Lee and Wes Craven all died last year, though.

I'm not seriously going to get into it with you on which year was worse based on personal experience/opinion.  For me...and clearly others who took the time to post in here...2016 had an impact.  If you want to try and make the argument that 2015 and 2014 was just as bad (although for the life of me, I can't imagine why you would even bother--not everything has to be a debate/argument), that is your prerogative.

2 hours ago, Papi said:

I'm not seriously going to get into it with you on which year was worse based on personal experience/opinion.  For me...and clearly others who took the time to post in here...2016 had an impact.  If you want to try and make the argument that 2015 and 2014 was just as bad (although for the life of me, I can't imagine why you would even bother--not everything has to be a debate/argument), that is your prerogative.

And yet here you are, trying to make an argument of "quality" over quantity. Jeez, have some damn decency.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

I had no idea Greg Lake died. What in the hell?!

I am surprised a young puppy like yourself is aware of Greg Lake (but then again you do seem a rather eclectic individual)... "Court of the Crimson King" is one of my all time favorite albums.

Having read the OP and thread title I had no idea "celebrity deaths" would constitute a terrible year thread from the information posted.

Meh... I guess "celebrity" holds more value to most than it does to me.

Now if you were to say Perfesser (Hobbit spelling) Tolkien had passed that would be a real blow to me... but he is immortal and therefore I can rest easy. :) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fittybolger said:

Wasn't all bad...

Meet Adeline.

Born July 3rd 2016. (toy over her head was my Christmas present... that's right... Uh-huh... I made her smile. :) )addie christmas.jpg

Awwwww, what a cutie!  Congrats, fitty!

37 minutes ago, warspeech said:

And now Carrie Fisher's mother Debbie Reynolds died too.  Damn.

One of those classic old actresses that finally succumbs to a broken heart. Poetic, really.

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2016 at 10:36 AM, Doro said:

I had no idea Greg Lake died. What in the hell?!

He died on 8th December.

On 12/28/2016 at 0:11 PM, fittybolger said:

I am surprised a young puppy like yourself is aware of Greg Lake (but then again you do seem a rather eclectic individual)... "Court of the Crimson King" is one of my all time favorite albums.

Having read the OP and thread title I had no idea "celebrity deaths" would constitute a terrible year thread from the information posted.

Meh... I guess "celebrity" holds more value to most than it does to me.

Now if you were to say Perfesser (Hobbit spelling) Tolkien had passed that would be a real blow to me... but he is immortal and therefore I can rest easy. :) 

Tolkien ain't dead, he's in Aman, chillaxing.

12 hours ago, Doro said:

One of those classic old actresses that finally succumbs to a broken heart. Poetic, really.

Thanks, Doro, that takes the sting out of it a little. You're right. 

• Upvote 1