LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Altreg01

And then there was Beornings

I have a slight recollection when this new class/race debuted, pretty sure it was purely a money grab.

Im currently in a kin that is 9+ pages long member wise, there are TWO beornings in the whole kin.  I dont think Ive ever seen one in ME.  What in the hell do they do anyways?  DPS? Heals? Tankstrel??

I have difficulty staying in World Chat due to the amount of vomit posted there, but I do my best to keep it up and not once have I seen a group seeking a beorning, nor have I seen a beorning seeking a group then a fight break out over players trying to recruit him/her.

Were they ever finished? Does anybody here actually have one?  Do they suck as bad as I imagine??

1 hour ago, Altreg01 said:

I have a slight recollection when this new class/race debuted, pretty sure it was purely a money grab.

Im currently in a kin that is 9+ pages long member wise, there are TWO beornings in the whole kin.  I dont think Ive ever seen one in ME.  What in the hell do they do anyways?  DPS? Heals? Tankstrel??

I have difficulty staying in World Chat due to the amount of vomit posted there, but I do my best to keep it up and not once have I seen a group seeking a beorning, nor have I seen a beorning seeking a group then a fight break out over players trying to recruit him/her.

Were they ever finished? Does anybody here actually have one?  Do they suck as bad as I imagine??

Last I saw, they were just god-mode PvP class. Jumped on my warg a little while after they were out and watch a single Beorning survive a group of 6 creeps as he slowly walked from Grams all the way back to Lug. Tried one myself but got as far as Bree-land (mostly because I saw ahead and realized it would just be a waste of time), so I have no idea what role they're supposed to actually be.

Didnt they start at level 50 at one point because they never got around to actual leveling progression?

Im definitely enjoying my fleeting time in ME, but dont plan on ruining it with a Beorning, but Im bigly curious about the class itself

The rarity can be explained with the game having lost much of its userbase by the time the class came around.

Not only do people probably not have geeked out about playing them, neither developers nor (l)users were able to polish the class.

Polishing the class would have been very difficult either way since Turbine had stopped taking any beta testing feedback seriously in any way some time before the class was released (to Bullroarer or otherwise).

The problem with Beorning is that they already had classes that could do the dps, heal, and tank roles much better than beorning.  They don't shine in any one thing.  The pvp god mode thing had to do with being able to AoE heal outside of the group.  At one point they could also heal and dps through walls.  They've fixed that part.  When I am filling up spots for a raid I never think "We really need a beorning."