LOTROCommunity
Maowin

having issues with EU transfer site

I migrated and all but i'm having problems with making a payment via Pay by Cash.

Coincidentally I checked the Pay By Cash site selling DDO game time cards a couple of days ago, while trying to find solutions for a guildy in DDO, and there is a list of countries where they are authorised to sell those things - no European countries are included in that list.

I guess they have no license from Turbine to sell this MMO stuff in Europe...

You need to login to http://myaccount.turbine.com/ in order to view your account details...

Yes i know i am there. I changed my country many times now, even to US but it seems it's not working. I cannot make the payment via Pay by Cash as it says they cannot process the payment in my country.

This is the only way of making payments for me...:(

Coincidentally I checked the Pay By Cash site selling DDO game time cards a couple of days ago, while trying to find solutions for a guildy in DDO, and there is a list of countries where they are authorised to sell those things - no European countries are included in that list.

I guess they have no license from Turbine to sell this MMO stuff in Europe...

So how am i supposed to make a payment if Pay by Cash is the only possible way for me?

Ah sorry, I was meaning to quote on Borf and his question where to check your account status (ie free, vip)...

Seemingly there are some problems with the sub thingy and they are telling people to buy a 60day timecard for the first period: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5415677#post5415677

Ah sorry, I was meaning to quote on Borf and his question where to check your account status (ie free, vip)...

Seemingly there are some problems with the sub thingy and they are telling people to buy a 60day timecard for the first period: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5415677#post5415677

Nice post :)

It's worth remembering that Europe has been a Turbine-only territory for both DDO and LOTRO for less than 24 hours (their time), and that even for DDO the start of their European marketing (that we have so far seen zero concrete availability for, of stuff to buy like points cards and time cards etc) was just over a month ago.

I would *guess* now that they can fully market both of these games in Europe that this might change now, but it's unlikely to be an instant process... Well, guess<->hope :)

Well, came back onto Turbine account page this morning expecting to try and try again to sort out payment options from the hassles last night but, to my amazement, it had the option I had selected already there for when my old one runs out *O*

I felt sorry for the extra poor hamsters they needed to get in to help with the overload on the servers cry.gif

So now, just waiting for our Eldar server to be ready and I can let my paws touchdown on US soil :Y

Thanks for all the help & support you have given me in this time and I hope I can do the same too

For others having my problem, LOTOR just tweeted this:

If you are seeing an error message instructing you to contact support, please contact support. They can get you back on track quickly.

I've just send a ticket as I doubt they'll be working when I get up tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Anyone know what country the support phone number is for? It starts with 1-xxx. Is the one for the U.S.? Do they really expect us to call the U.S.?

EDIT: It is an U.S. number. Do they really expect us to call the U.S. from Europe and to hold the line for however long it takes?

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem.

Country code for north US is 1, so that's correct. It'll be a pretty pricey call I expect. Unless it's really urgent, I'd be inclined to use their online forms/email.

It's usually not needed anyway.

Even with that error, it seems it migrates the accounts fully.

You can always check by going to the accounts page and logging in.

Sadly it doesn't in my case. I just tried again, still the same error. No reply from customer service of course. Time to do some ironing, I guess.

Just use the support site, and do everything by e-mail -- WARNING they will send you an e-mail saying they've received your ticket, but this is automatically generated and you MUST respond to it in order to start talking with a fleshie.

http://support.turbine.com

Thanks for the tip. After the 1-3 days I just stopped reading and didn't notice that they ask you to reply to it as well. Sigh. This will be a long weekend.

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem.

Not yet, I sent a ticket and just noticed that you're supposed to reply to it, so I did that now. But it's another 7 or so hours till customer service in the U.S. gets up.

In case someone tries calling: I called the German support yesterday night and they were out of office (I suspect they don't have any ready yet). English support sent me into a "please hold the line" so I gave up. I don't want to spent my money hanging in line.

Not yet, I sent a ticket and just noticed that you're supposed to reply to it, so I did that now. But it's another 7 or so hours till customer service in the U.S. gets up.

In case someone tries calling: I called the German support yesterday night and they were out of office (I suspect they don't have any ready yet). English support sent me into a "please hold the line" so I gave up. I don't want to spent my money hanging in line.

Sent a ticket as well and replied to the e-mail. I'll wait and see what happens.

I'm having the same problems as Firsa and Laurinaohtar. So is my son. We've both sent tickets.....just waiting now...

I think it's strange that they want to know my Cardholder Name and the last four digits. I've never registered my credit card there, why do they need or want that information? Sounds creepy.

I sent a ticket with EU Migration now as that was not available yet yesterday.

Only 1079 tickets in the last 10 hours!

Probably in case you're asking them for password resets and such things, they want to be sure the person asking actually owns that account. Pretty standard practice really, though useless if you've never registered a card there.

I think it's strange that they want to know my Cardholder Name and the last four digits. I've never registered my credit card there, why do they need or want that information? Sounds creepy.

I sent a ticket with EU Migration now as that was not available yet yesterday.

Only 1079 tickets in the last 10 hours!

If you dont have or want to give credit card details all you have to do is put 0000 as the last four digits

Don't Turbine realise how impatiant I am! It's been at least 3 hours since I sent my ticket ;)

My LOTRO withdrawals are getting bad now, I'm considering starting a US F2P account just to get my fix!

It's not even 07:00 in Turbineland. If that's where their support people are, it'll probably be a while yet...

hehe I know, am in the same time zone :)

Do you have to get 2 mails that confirm the transfer, or do you get the second one only when the servers are running again?

I'd like to know if I can roll a char somewhere, or that I should keep on waiting for the second mail the first mail said I would recieve

Do you have to get 2 mails that confirm the transfer, or do you get the second one only when the servers are running again?

I'd like to know if I can roll a char somewhere, or that I should keep on waiting for the second mail the first mail said I would recieve

The 2nd mail is for when migration is fully complete and you've got your points.

The first one is just saying you can log in and this is the number of points that's getting migrated.

https://myaccount.turbine.com/

Try logging into this with your account name if you got the 3rd stage error.

If you can, then you'll be able to login to the game as well.

The 2nd mail is for when migration is fully complete and you've got your points.

The first one is just saying you can log in and this is the number of points that's getting migrated.

that's what worries me a bit, still haven't received the first email - sent them a ticket now just to make sure things worked properly when I did the process

https://myaccount.turbine.com/

Try logging into this with your account name if you got the 3rd stage error.

If you can, then you'll be able to login to the game as well.

Great! *runs off to lotro*

Hopefully the servers will be indeed online before the weekend.

that's what worries me a bit, still haven't received the first email - sent them a ticket now just to make sure things worked properly when I did the process

Have you tried logging in with your Turbine details?