LOTROCommunity
Maowin

having issues with EU transfer site

Did anyone notice they are using data from before the 30th of may? I updated 3 of my accounts with new emailaddress on May 30th at codemasters and when I transferred them all 3 still had the old emailaddress and are missing the MoM code I applied + the month VIP that came with the box.

Have you tried logging in with your Turbine details?

yep and everything seems right there, just have to wonder where that first email is confirming points etc, been over 12 hours now

we'll see what they say when/if they answer the ticket

yep and everything seems right there, just have to wonder where that first email is confirming points etc, been over 12 hours now

Might be worth logging in and checking that they have the right email address :)

My email arrived within minutes of starting the process.

Still cannot enter the Transfer site... what´s up with that?

https://transfer.lotro.com/ is the site, does that not work?

Should work, it comes up fine for me now.

we'll see what they say when/if they answer the ticket

On 3 of my 4 accounts that was transferred, an e-mail was received. The 4th one didn't get an e-mail, but they can

all login to game and accounts site.

EDIT:

Now it actually seems the 4th one got all the e-mails.

It might be worth checking again, and checking the address is the correct one on your turbine accounts profile page.

On 3 of my 4 accounts that was transferred, an e-mail was received. The 4th one didn't get an e-mail, but they can

all login to game and accounts site.

EDIT:

Now it actually seems the 4th one got all the e-mails.

It might be worth checking again, and checking the address is the correct one on your turbine accounts profile page.

oh believe me I've checked and re-checked that and still no first email

Fixed it a while ago, the site was probably quite busy... All is well now! :')

Not yet, I sent a ticket and just noticed that you're supposed to reply to it, so I did that now. But it's another 7 or so hours till customer service in the U.S. gets up.

In case someone tries calling: I called the German support yesterday night and they were out of office (I suspect they don't have any ready yet). English support sent me into a "please hold the line" so I gave up. I don't want to spent my money hanging in line.

Hey Firsa, just to let you know this is working for me now so you may want to try again.

It now says migration in progress with one of the usernames I put in on a previous attempt

I think it's strange that they want to know my Cardholder Name and the last four digits. I've never registered my credit card there, why do they need or want that information? Sounds creepy.

If you have no credit card just use last four digits 0000 and mention in the body of your e-mail that you have no credit card registered with them.

Working as well for me now! So heads up, try transfer.lotro.com again. Seems it worked for my very first try as I only tried that Account Name once and then decided on another. Only it did not register with Turbine until now.

Someone has posted on the Codemasters forums that some people still having problems getting past Step 1 of the migration tool are those having time remaining on a Codemasters subscription cancelled prior to the migration. Seems that 1) cancelling your Codemasters sub 2) trying to migrate your LOTRO account wasn't a very good idea after all :D

Someone has posted on the Codemasters forums that some people still having problems getting past Step 1 of the migration tool are those having time remaining on a Codemasters subscription cancelled prior to the migration. Seems that 1) cancelling your Codemasters sub 2) trying to migrate your LOTRO account wasn't a very good idea after all :D

Strange, I did exactly that (cancelled my sub the day before transfer) and had no trouble at step 1. All my problems started with step 2 but the got sorted relatively quickly

Strange, I did exactly that (cancelled my sub the day before transfer) and had no trouble at step 1. All my problems started with step 2 but the got sorted relatively quickly

Well I have no idea what % of people having done that are affected by this, but the suggestion that this seems to be a cause for some problems seems like a reasonable one. There may be a time factor involved, ie it may be people having cancelled their sub 30 seconds before migration or something ? Maybe it's affecting some people having done this but not all of them ? Hard for me to tell, not having been affected by this issue (I just had the migration site lag and multiple attempts required thingy).

Whatever else, cancelling the sub prior to migration is a completely unnecessary (indeed, technically unadvisable) step, and it may not have been included as a migration scenario during the software development ;) (although subs cancelled prior to the migration being announced or immediately afterward probably have been -- I mean that people doing Cancel Sub as "Step 0" of the process may not have been)

Well i must say i made it to the final step without errors until i logged in today and realised my account status had moved down from vip to premium so right now i am one of many that have sent in a ticket about this issue

It just seems endless somehow -O-

I am just crossing fingers the support is open this weekend :$

Well its almost 72 hrs since migration, still no updte on how much longer its gonna take for Turbine Points to catch up, or MyLotro to be activated

I still haven't received my FIRST confirmation email yet

I can log into my account and all the details are right, just waiting on TP and ML

But knowing how things run stateside, probably wont be anywhere near ready until Tuesdays Maintanace day at the earliest

I had a lifetime subscription with Codemasters. My account's migration status is still on progress and I haven't received any e-mails yet. When I log in turbine's accounts it says:

Codemasters LOTRO Lifetime Membership Plan

Pending Cancellation: June 1, 2061

Does anyone knows what that means? Should I be worried? Or it just means that my codemasters subscription will be cancelled and a turbine's subscription will be activated?

I think more is having that issue

here is the thread but i would sudjest you to wait until migration progress is completed before you fill in a ticket that is what they advice us to do unless we make a phone call to the support

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399139-EU-subscription-06-01-2011-Pending-Cancellation

I think more is having that issue

here is the thread but i would sudjest you to wait until migration progress is completed before you fill in a ticket that is what they advice us to do unless we make a phone call to the support

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399139-EU-subscription-06-01-2011-Pending-Cancellation

Thanks! I think it's ok since I'm not the only one having this problem. I'll wait until the migration is complete.

I had a lifetime subscription with Codemasters. My account's migration status is still on progress and I haven't received any e-mails yet. When I log in turbine's accounts it says:

Codemasters LOTRO Lifetime Membership Plan

Pending Cancellation: June 1, 2061

Does anyone knows what that means? Should I be worried? Or it just means that my codemasters subscription will be cancelled and a turbine's subscription will be activated?

Pending cancellation, june 1 2061.

I wouldn't worry about it. Do you really think the game servers will still be running in 50 years time?

Pending cancellation, june 1 2061.

I wouldn't worry about it. Do you really think the game servers will still be running in 50 years time?

The question should be

Do you think we will have reached Mordor in 50 yrs

It's monday today so best of luck to all

I hope we all get our accounts back

Yes in this speed it will take a few hundred years to reach mordor :P

Everything went okay for me - after I googled and asked around. I had added lotroeugls -line somewhere in 'hosts' file, remembered I had done something like that, but thought the file to edit was named server or servers. Oh well, once I got rid of the line I had added, client updated okay.

Good luck to all waiting for their accounts and clients to get working. I have no time to play at the moment so I'm not stealing your loot while you wait. 7(8)7

update by Satine:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/466984-accounts-cannot-pass-step-1-migration-post7110072.html#post7110072

Dear players,

After talking to the team, we’ve got the details on the issues you have been seeing, as follows:

1. When the transition site first went up, it was understandably pounded by all the players wishing to transition. Our system has built-in devices to prevent automated attacks that result in multiple attempts within a short period of time which was triggered and caused the initial issues at step 1 that some of you saw. This however was resolved within the last few days from our side.

2. Accounts showing incorrect status; banned/suspended/Moria missing etc. This error was caused by the wrong backup of the keys and coupons database being applied to Turbine’s servers. As a result of this, the following would be affected:

• Any accounts created since that backup (or unbanned since) would not transfer as Turbine would not be able to find that account
  • Any gametime or subs payments time made since backup would be missing
  • Any changes to player status (e.g. Free/Premium/VIP) since backup might be missing or displaying incorrectly

Turbine are aware of this issue and are working to remedy it.

3. “500/We’re Sorry” Screen on Transfer – This error appears after the user has correctly authenticated to the Codemasters Player Account SystemPAS (and isn’t banned or other problems). In some cases the receiving Turbine page/code rejects the information, we don’t know why this is but it would appear to be account related as many work fine. We cannot see any issue with the accounts at our end which is proven by being able to get to that page in the first place. Turbine have been made aware of this also. We are doing what we can to assist however are confident that our systems are functioning correctly.

...This error was caused by the wrong backup of the keys and coupons database being applied to Turbine’s servers...

Huh? 7(8)7

:+ Wishing you all the best of luck! :+