LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Morder Pre-Purchase Packages Announced

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

.... which means they're basically a PvMP P2W race >.>

Depends on how you look at it. For Captain, I still prefer the +5% incoming healing and BPE traits over 5% extra light damage.The +5% Max morale group buff also seems more useful than the HE one (IIRC +5% damage for a short duration)

12 minutes ago, Doro said:

Just a blonde elf that thinks it's a flamingo. Definitely worth throwing down big bucks.

Careful... i hear he's the new minister at the Ministry of Silly Walks.

On 25.7.2017 at 0:57 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Since LotRO is clearly not abandonware

Are you sure about that?

On 25.7.2017 at 0:57 AM, Almagnus1 said:

In the state that LotRO is in, it is functionally equivalent to abandonware

Ah, I see. I would need to agree.

And it will remain to be seen how long until it will not only be functionally equivalent.

Having actually shot a bow before.... That animation has "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING"  written all over it.

I'm not sure there's enough hands on the planet to properly do a facepalm for that magnitude of failure.

1 hour ago, SNy said:

Are you sure about that?

Ah, I see. I would need to agree.

And it will remain to be seen how long until it will not only be functionally equivalent.

You go read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

MMOs can't technically be abandonware (well, their clients can technically be, but without the server code, it's arguably not the same game it was when it was online).  The only exception is if someone had managed to dump content prior to shutdown, so a server that was brought up would basically be the game - but I'm doubtful there's someone technically inclined enough to do that that actually cares enough about LotRO to save it from the abyss.

8 hours ago, Thrabath said:

I'm going to find a bow and try to shoot that way!

A ) You're gonna fall over

B ) Shots aren't going to be nearly as powerful due to how your core body works as you basically fire with your upper torso, and not your arms (which means the skimpy little girl archer actually can't do jack because she lacks the musculature to use the higher draw strength strings = slower arrow = less damage and range).

So please, YouTube this endeavour and show us =D

Edit:

Or maybe they should have modeled those bird brains off of:

• Upvote 1

Surprise, surprise, Mördör™ has been delayed indefinitely due to critical gamebreaking bugs. Truibin™ implies they managed to completly break older content in the game.

We are as excited as many of you to get into Mordor, but we have some unfortunate news: we have to adjust the release date. While preparing over the weekend to release the expansion on Monday, we discovered an issue in the build that impacted the ability of monsters and NPCs to move around correctly. This problem was specifically identified in older content.

While correcting this issue is not a problem, the process to correct it takes too long to be able to release Mordor on Monday. So, we have to adjust the release date. We will have more info on the release date soon. We will know a lot more in the next 24 hours or so, and will pass along the info as soon as we can.

Sev~

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?656472-Mordor-Launch-Date-Shift

29 minutes ago, Dorf said:

Surprise, surprise, Mördör™ has been delayed indefinitely due to critical gamebreaking bugs. Truibin™ implies they managed to completly break older content in the game.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?656472-Mordor-Launch-Date-Shift

"This problem was specifically identified in older content"

WTF Wow. You really got to wonder with those folks. Who knows whether that's even the truth. But they needed an excuse, and messing up 'older content' would of course be sacrilege.

Well, good for everyone who has indicated that they couldn't release Mordor as it was sitting this weekend in BR. Fingers crossed that they actually fix and improve what they have at the moment.

Perfect timing btw, end of Sunday afternoon. Sales tapering off, not much lost.

At this point, anyone who preorders Moria is a fool, and everyone that did should request an immediate refund.

It's far too easy to let this deadline slip and have Moria stay in dev hell as they start to realize how irrevocably screwed the LotRO client really is.

It probably is the truth. There were/are some serious NPC pathing issues on Bullroarer. About half the mobs I fought required me to stay in melee range or they'd enter anti-exploit mode.

28 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

At this point, anyone who preorders Moria is a fool, and everyone that did should request an immediate refund.

It's far too easy to let this deadline slip and have Moria stay in dev hell as they start to realize how irrevocably screwed the LotRO client really is.

Image result for doc brown back to the future

1 hour ago, Dorf said:

While preparing over the weekend to release the expansion on Monday, we discovered an issue in the build that impacted the ability of monsters and NPCs to move around correctly. This problem was specifically identified in older content.

So, turns out that their whole development "process" which had been put on a whiteboard to be photographed and put on the web for the unwashed masses to marvel at, was a lot of bull.

Especially the part that said QA and testing, laughable as it had been for anyone paying attention.

They are trying to tell their remaining players that they discovered it when they where about to release that shyte? It has just magically crept up with a last minute "fix" to something? But it can't be un-"fixed", because the process takes so much time? They expect anyone to actually believe this?

Seems more alike to the "It builds, lets ship it." approach.

SNy

4 hours ago, SNy said:

That's what concerns me, as that's a general indication that the dev studio doesn't understand their own code, nor do they understand how to properly do something like continual development.

Basically, we're not dealing with the B, C, D, or E teams here, we're dealing with the Z team....

There is a potential exploit similar to the essence duping one.  It has to do with ashes vendoring.

4 hours ago, SNy said:

So, turns out that their whole development "process" which had been put on a whiteboard to be photographed and put on the web for the unwashed masses to marvel at, was a lot of bull.

Especially the part that said QA and testing, laughable as it had been for anyone paying attention.

SNy

I feel like SSG is doing a final cash grab with Lotro. That's why prices are so high. It's once again charge a high price for an expansion they know isn't very good, but try to get all that pre-order and order money. The same as Turbine was doing for years.  

The expansion sounds quite buggy and unfinished, and I expect it will be like that when they launch it - except for maybe fixing this one issue.  

I think they will get as much money as they can from Lotro with this expansion and the High Elf, and then start focusing on DDO and other games. They probably won't spend much more development money on Lotro, but they will be sure to announce that they will keep making updates, so people keep playing Lotro and spending money in the store.  

I wonder what will be the reaction when Mordor releases and has a lot of problems.   

Their development process sounds like:  wing it, do as much as you can, and try to get it out. Instead of an actual, professional development and QA process with good deadlines well in advance of things going live.

16 hours ago, nosam9 said:

I feel like SSG is doing a final cash grab with Lotro. That's why prices are so high. It's once again charge a high price for an expansion they know isn't very good, but try to get all that pre-order and order money. The same as Turbine was doing for years.  

The expansion sounds quite buggy and unfinished, and I expect it will be like that when they launch it - except for maybe fixing this one issue.  

I think they will get as much money as they can from Lotro with this expansion and the High Elf, and then start focusing on DDO and other games. They probably won't spend much more development money on Lotro, but they will be sure to announce that they will keep making updates, so people keep playing Lotro and spending money in the store.  

I wonder what will be the reaction when Mordor releases and has a lot of problems.   

Their development process sounds like:  wing it, do as much as you can, and try to get it out. Instead of an actual, professional development and QA process with good deadlines well in advance of things going live.

I guess if you repeat this enough times every few months over the years you'll eventually be right??? What's it been now? 3 or 4 years running?

10 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I guess if you repeat this enough times every few months over the years you'll eventually be right??? What's it been now? 3 or 4 years running?

Not even 1 year, considering he said SSG.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Not even 1 year, considering he said SSG.

Whether its SSG or Turbine, he's said it many times over the past few years regarding LotRO.

9 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Whether its SSG or Turbine, he's said it many times over the past few years regarding LotRO.

He's said that SSG is doing a final cash grab many times over the past few years? He really is a psychic!