LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Morder Pre-Purchase Packages Announced

This was posted here, I found it very funny, even given the post re-release date of Wednesday.  Sorry if repost.  Just before the links SSG had my interest for a short time when they took over, I thought maybe things would be different.  Now they have been in charge a while, I can see things are basically same shit different name.  It's sad, as this was a chance to wipe the slate clean.  I suspect the next year may be Interesting Times for SSG.  And if the post above about an Ashes vendor dupe is true, well, no words.

Source:  https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?656473-Mordor-delayed&p=7753790#post7753790

Video:  

• Upvote 1

I think SSG overestimates how many people are going to be sticking around after the ring gets destroyed.

Yeah, they're going to have the few from Steam wandering through... until they realize how much of a time/money sink LotRO is or run straight into technical issues because the client is a steaming pile of poop.

21 hours ago, Doro said:

He's said that SSG is doing a final cash grab many times over the past few years? He really is a psychic!

Yay, fun with semantics! He's said many times over the last few years that whoever is running LotRO is out for a final cash grab before the game shuts down in about 6 months. :)

16 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Yay, fun with semantics! He's said many times over the last few years that whoever is running LotRO is out for a final cash grab before the game shuts down in about 6 months. :)

This time is different, though, because we're approaching the end of the LotR story.  For those that follow the LotR movie-verse, after Mordor the game's done, because SSG is not mentioning **ANYTHING** about a fourth age, or what comes next.  I would not be surprised to see a dev halt be announced for LotRO wrapping up the tale - assuming that SSG hasn't already done so and we're just getting the last bits of stuff in the pipeline.

It's not uncommon for MMO (and MMO alikes) to have dev halt be called internally several months in advance to announcing it externally.  You may want to give http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1019303/F2P-the-Wrong-Way-Age a watch on that point.

Edit:

One thing AoEO got right (and FFXIV did the same thing too) was throw out stats for gear in PvP, and just assign players stats.  For LotRO, that would mean that all Freeps in PvMP get assigned a stat pool, and only their rank improves their stats.  The other thing FFXIV did that LotRO can't do (because the playerbase would lynch the devs) is basically throw out all of the player skills and give each player that's there a skill set that's PvP only - so all players level 30-70 of the same class have the same base skill kit, the same stats, and the only differences are which two additional skills you choose from the Healer's role skill pool.  That consolification of the players TREMENDOUSLY improved PvP because it made it so much more fast paced and accessible to everyone, and also allows the devs to balance PvP skill separate from their PvE counterparts - which avoids a lot of the nerfs WoW has had to do because it uses the same skills for both PvE and PvP.

LotRO could benefit from that approach... but that would require that the devs actually understand their game well enough to implement that functionality without horrible breaking everything.

Haha, what a fucking moron:

Nope me and 10 kin members actually bought the top bundle just because of pathetic crying going on in these forums and other non official forums.

Right. That will show 'em!1!elevenses

SNy

1 hour ago, SNy said:

Haha, what a fucking moron:

Right. That will show 'em!1!elevenses

SNy

I was going to say that 10 people being as stupid as him seems a bit sceptical, but having 10 people in a kin at all...

64031146.png

1 hour ago, psalm8818 said:

In before Amorey thinks the new emotes are terrific.

Even worse, she thinks her own character's laugh looks "okay".

giphy.gif

Looks more like the character is suffering from rabies or something more... malicious.

theresamay.gif

Edit: maybe I'm just being unfair. There's a chance that the majority of people laugh with wide eyes, staring off into the distance, chattering their teeth, and bouncing up and down, but I've just been fortunate enough to not meet them.

19 hours ago, Doro said:

Even worse, she thinks her own character's laugh looks "okay".

giphy.gif

Looks more like the character is suffering from rabies or something more... malicious.

theresamay.gif

Edit: maybe I'm just being unfair. There's a chance that the majority of people laugh with wide eyes, staring off into the distance, chattering their teeth, and bouncing up and down, but I've just been fortunate enough to not meet them.

Now more than ever I'm am totally convinced she is a Turbine employee pretending to be a normal player.  I just can't accept that anyone is THAT blindingly stupid, or THAT blindingly loyal to such a shitty software developer.  All I know for sure is that once Cordovan censors all the criticism, she'll be top comment on the OF.  No way that's a coincidence $$$.

2 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

Now more than ever I'm am totally convinced she is a Turbine employee pretending to be a normal player.  I just can't accept that anyone is THAT blindingly stupid, or THAT blindingly loyal to such a shitty software developer.  All I know for sure is that once Cordovan censors all the criticism, she'll be top comment on the OF.  No way that's a coincidence $$$.

It might have something to do with the fact that Amorey/Tahitoa was the head moderator for Age of Conan (AoC) EU forums when the aforementioned game launched. Back in 2007-2008 AoC was one of the most hyped MMOs, about 850000 copies were pre-ordered. Needless to say, the launch was a flaming trainwreck with countless advertised features completly missing from the game, myriad of gamebreaking bugs, utter lack of content (there weren't enough quests for reaching the max level), non existent balance, etc. Updates to the game usually made things even worse by introducing even more bugs and shitty development choices. Naturally, the combination of angry customers who felt betrayed and fanbois on  brewed a real shitstorm maelstrom on the forums. As a concequence of these events, Amorey/Tahitoa might have a strong misguided sense of solidarity Turbine™/Standing Stones Games™.

Pic related: This post gives me the excuse to post this artist's illustration of one the best/funniest bugs found in AoC (perhaps one of the best bugs in MMOs ever).

4ZFQgBH.jpg

So in other words, Amorey is experienced in pumping sunshine for shitty developers and shitty products, and complicit in sabotaging multiple MMO communities.

It's an absolute travesty that shills like her are allowed by Cordovan to be the representative voice of the community, despite the fact that she is in the vast minority.  But she writes the things that Cordovan wants to read, rather than what he NEEDS to read (he's already nearly wiped the entire slate clean on the OF....95% of the concerns and complaints about the new expansion are gone).  He's STILL defending the Mordor launch trailer, and acting like there's nothing wrong with it.  That's why I believe the entire expansion was designed to be a tax writeoff........Cordovan couldn't possibly be THAT stupid.....could he?

A question I can't really answer myself.  I hate the guy, and it's totally personal.  I'll leave it up to others to be more objective and decide.

What you see on the OF is classic astro turfing. It's much easier for them to have a couple of 'renowned' players call everyone with valid criticism a whiner and complainer, than it is to fix or create new content. That is also the reason for why the staff choose not to address these issues at all.

Data mining expert Bing Liu (University of Illinois) estimated that one-third of all consumer reviews on the Internet are fake. According to the New York Times, this has made it hard to tell the difference between "popular sentiment" and "manufactured public opinion. According to an article in the Journal of Business Ethics, astroturfing threatens the legitimacy of genuine grassroots movements. The authors argued that astroturfing that is "purposefully designed to fulfill corporate agendas, manipulate public opinion and harm scientific research represents a serious lapse in ethical conduct

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

I for one, think that the Avatar Update wasn't necessary. I think the PC models looked just fine, and worked and blended well with the graphics of the game, and other parts of the game like the Cosmetic System and poses/emotes. It is clear that the people who work on them now have no clue what they are doing, and seem to be younger and newer content developers who have grown accustomed to the way young people look now: Fake and covered in make up. 

I personally don't really care enough about avatars, and it makes no difference to me (clipping issues and problems with poses and emotes are a bad look, but we have long known they don't really care very much about the quality of the product anymore, and it's all about milking the last $ out of LotRO). My girlfriend on the other hand, had to switch back to the old avatars, she was really bummed out about a couple of characters being completely ruined, and she also couldn't find any other options at the Barber that could  have helped remedy the situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iance said:

I for one, think that the Avatar Update wasn't necessary. I think the PC models looked just fine, and worked and blended well with the graphics of the game, and other parts of the game like the Cosmetic System and poses/emotes. It is clear that the people who work on them now have no clue what they are doing, and seem to be younger and newer content developers who have grown accustomed to the way young people look now: Fake and covered in make up. 

I personally don't really care enough about avatars, and it makes no difference to me (clipping issues and problems with poses and emotes are a bad look, but we have long known they don't really care very much about the quality of the product anymore, and it's all about milking the last $ out of LotRO). My girlfriend on the other hand, had to switch back to the old avatars, she was really bummed out about a couple of characters being completely ruined, and she also couldn't find any other options at the Barber that could  have helped remedy the situation.

I disagree about the avatars, as what people wanted was to have modern looking avatar models...

What we got was a different shade of lipstick on the pig =/

• Like 1

This is from some blogspot/forum whatszamajig.  I couldn't link the actual post so I'll just copy/paste and quote.

"I wouldn't actually be surprised if Avery were either Erlinges or Famine? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. On the EU forums there was this über bitch Tahitoa who had a fetish for kitties and liked to close threads on an hourly basis. There was also some über fangirl (and I mean really über, since she agreed with absolutely everything Funcom did and never spoken bad about them or the game anytime) named Amorey telling players all around how the game is awesome and how Funcom are great developers etc. Well, what do you know, Amorey turned out to be Tahitoa, the fanbot that happens to be paid by Funcom. She is no longer on the forums, fortunately, but this only shows what sorts of tricks Funcom does."
Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/245805/i-was-banned-from-aoc-today#VsiZM0zdw6ekPPho.99

ok, the obsessive rants/speculations over Amorey is getting a bit weird.  not to mention, she's probably enjoying the attention you're giving her, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

This is from some blogspot/forum whatszamajig.  I couldn't link the actual post so I'll just copy/paste and quote.

"I wouldn't actually be surprised if Avery were either Erlinges or Famine? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. On the EU forums there was this über bitch Tahitoa who had a fetish for kitties and liked to close threads on an hourly basis. There was also some über fangirl (and I mean really über, since she agreed with absolutely everything Funcom did and never spoken bad about them or the game anytime) named Amorey telling players all around how the game is awesome and how Funcom are great developers etc. Well, what do you know, Amorey turned out to be Tahitoa, the fanbot that happens to be paid by Funcom. She is no longer on the forums, fortunately, but this only shows what sorts of tricks Funcom does."
Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/245805/i-was-banned-from-aoc-today#VsiZM0zdw6ekPPho.99

Eh, that could also be taken as "Funcom just fired her ass for this stuff because they don't want to deal with it" as well.

I've heard AoC got much better later on tho.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

ok, the obsessive rants/speculations over Amorey is getting a bit weird.  not to mention, she's probably enjoying the attention you're giving her, no?

I've heard she's part of the Alt-Right too....

Loves sporting her MAGA hat when she's out and about, to let all of her fellow Nazis know exactly what kind of person she is.

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Eh, that could also be taken as "Funcom just fired her ass for this stuff because they don't want to deal with it" as well.

I've heard AoC got much better later on tho.

I've heard she's part of the Alt-Right too....

Loves sporting her MAGA hat when she's out and about, to let all of her fellow Nazis know exactly what kind of person she is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

4 hours ago, Papi said:

It's probably the first time I've seen someone being accused of being a paid shill where it might actually be true.

All I'm saying is that Amorey has been actively sabotaging the game AND the community of players since she showed up by actively stifling discussion on issues and concerns with her sunshine-pumping rebuke of ANY constructive criticism, and with her appointed (self or no) task of reporting every single post that doesn't paint Turbine and/or LOTRO in a glowing light.  She has been flagrantly violating TOS for years by replying in threads with "This thread should be deleted", by baiting other members into flame wars, and white-knighting for Turbine's employees.  I maintain that no one could possibly be THAT stupid unless they were being paid to be that stupid.  The fact that she torpedoed Age of Conan's community in exactly the same manner only reinforces the notion, and really makes her motivations and actions on the LOTRO forums suspect.  Now she's certainly not the only one doing it, but it can't be a coincidence that she used to do the SAME thing for another software company.

Amorey, and players like Amorey, have effectively ruined any chance for the community's collective voice to be heard by Cordovan or the developers of LOTRO, by running off the vast majority of former subscribers, and actively causing thousands more to be banned from the forums and/or the game by simply trying to make their voices heard, and making what's left of the community feel like that trying to express their concerns and criticisms is pointless, if not a bannable offence (which it most certainly is).  And once again I maintain that no human being is that vile, that mean-spirited, that destructive.....unless someone is making it worth their while to be so.  Cordovan's most recent livestream made it abundantly clear that he currently lives in a bubble where LOTRO and its latest expansion is met with universal acclaim and adulation, and where he is doing a phenomenal job.  He isn't even cognizant of how awful the Mordor launcher trailer is, even though he greenlit it himself.  So that either means he didn't even watch it (and STILL hasn't watched it), or that he made it himself.  At any rate, he refuses to acknowledge how damaging that trailer is to the sales and longevity of the game.  How he could not look at that trailer and say to himself "Uh oh......that needs to come down immediately" tells me everything I need to know about his work ethic, his integrity, his pride in his position, and, frankly, his intelligence.  I don't even think he's given up on LOTRO.....I think (and strongly believe) that he never even gave a toss in the first place.  And I don't know how much more evidence the rest of the community needs to realize that.  But when you have people like Amorey constantly trying to paint a picture in which the game is fine, the players are happy, and the bugs and unfinished content don't matter, and who are actively censoring anyone who tries to point out that none of that is true......well, it's no wonder no one is playing LOTRO anymore.

And after that trailer, I wouldn't expect a lot of new subscribers, or even now FTPers.  Cordovan has gone out of his way to make LOTRO look like the worst MMO on the market with that trailer.  But you know what?  That's not far from the truth.  And I blame Cordovan, Amorey, and anyone else he's giving incentives to shill for him.

29 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

Amorey, and players like Amorey, have effectively ruined any chance for the community's collective voice to be heard by Cordovan or the developers of LOTRO, by running off the vast majority of former subscribers, and actively causing thousands more to be banned from the forums and/or the game by simply trying to make their voices heard, and making what's left of the community feel like that trying to express their concerns and criticisms is pointless, if not a bannable offence (which it most certainly is).

I think you're giving her way more credit than she deserves. She's just a generic, run-of-the-mill sycophant, and not even a witty one at that. There's no way in hell she's managed to run anyone off. I didn't even know she existed until these recent mentions, and I'll forget all about it the minute she's no longer brought up (which I'd guess won't be for much longer). Something I'd wager isn't exclusive to myself.

LotRO died ages ago because the devs were clueless and the company was incompetent. They didn't take advice from the forums, or alpha testers, or even their own fanboys, which led to the massive focus on the Store over anything of value. They tried to run a game they saw as a money-sink, that they didn't have any personal investment in (there is no way the devs played the game, considering the changes they kept making), and that was never going to work. Shitty CM's were just a symptom of a shitty company, not a cause of a shitty game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psalm8818 said:

All I'm saying is that Amorey........

All I am saying is that you sir are one nasty troll that has been actively sabotaging the LOTRO forums and the game with your constant personal attacks and well documented nonsense that earned you a deserved  ban on the account you were using.  I have been a member on the OF since June 2011 and I have 2,171 posts  in 6 years there in total,that is not what I would call spamming, in fact I rarely post at all. Now I fully understand why you would avoid to mention that I had also post my share of criticism as that obviously does not fit in  your personal agenda. Also I have never once violated the ToS on the official forums, sorry to disappoint, so you can  maintain what you like but the reality is that you do not have a clue about who I am, what I do and why, just like all the other poster on this forum or on the OF.  

I am sorry to burst your nice little nasty bubble , I had the most amazing time working as a member of the Age of Conan Volunteer Moderation Program , and I have some amazing memories and real life friends from that community, even though the company that made that game did treat me and other volunteers like scapegoats for their shortcoming.   Funcom never payed a dollar to me or any other moderators and the only perk we did receive was a lifetime account for Age of Conan. 

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?185916-Moderator-Recruitment

All you can do is spouting personal attacks against people because you are unable to find any kind of support for your idiotic behavior on the OF so you came here to earn yourself some +rep and having your epeen stroked by like minded individuals even though you claimed countless times you don't give a toss about the game and the community , especially after your ban. I guess these lovely boards need drama to survive so be my guest and keep it up nerd, haters are going to hate and I have a very thick skin, by the way I am fully expecting the almighty Chief Executive Shitposter  ( so called moderator :F) and others to support your quest against the windmills, whatever rocks your boat I suppose. 

Going back to LOTRO, please be aware that I am nothing more that I player that is still paying her monthly sub and gets nothing at all from SSG. I do not stream, I do not sing their praises from the rooftops, I only occasionally retweet some LOTRO stuff. I just love Tolkien and Middle-earth and this game is the only one where I can enjoy spending sometime there. I am truly  flattered by all the attention you and others here have been giving me, you are such a lovely bunch, but maybe you should let go because, as I said before, you are shooting at the wrong target.  Take your anger, hate directly to SSG if that pleases you, but please know that those sentiments are completely lost on me, I am just a player, so now if you excuse me I will go back and enjoy Mordor ;w

39 minutes ago, Amorey said:

several paragraphs of pure bullshit

Whatever you say, shill.  The proof is in the pudding.  Too many coincidences.  Too many decimated game communities.  Too many instances with YOU at the scene of the crime.  Also, too many other shills on the OF with the exact same writing style and syntax as you.................

It must really burn you that you don't have the clout or the power to have me banned here as well, doesn't it?  You and your cohorts can't bully me here, toots.  Doesn't that just piss you off?

Now, why don't you run on back to the safe space bubble of the OF and complain to Cordovan how I'm hurting your precious little feelings so he can pat you on the head and tell you how important you are, hmmm?  Because you're not going to find that here.  You've got a long and arduous day ahead of you telling all the naysayers that LOTRO is fine and that your ugly-ass characters look  beautiful.  You should really save your strength for that.

Also, if there was even a shred of truth in the last paragraph of your reply, you wouldn't have even replied at all.  And don't be too flattered by the attention.  In the years to come, when I think of LOTRO, I'll think of how fun it was when it launched.  I won't give a second thought to ignorant shills like you who are responsible for destroying it.

• Like 1