LOTROCommunity

Mordor Trailer

Talisman

7 minutes ago, warspeech said:

Your daughter is right.

Everyone who played through the entire epic from start to finish should have got the "Walked into Mordor" title.

Hide contents

Instead you get a lousy emote that makes your character look like an NPC.  Well, that's just what this PoS company has turned me into - a non-player.

I like your idea with the title. For lifers, vip, premiums alike. With regard to 'finishing the epic from start to finish: the only f2p'ers who can get it are those who bought Helms Deep (the epic was gated behind the purchase of HD) with points they collected themselves, otherwise they are no longer f2p.

Spoiler

I also saw the housing item that is a reward for completing this epic. I call it a lava cake on a table and am sure you can figure out what it is from that description.

16 hours ago, Amorey said:

... but the new avatars are fantastic  

Really playing fast and loose with the definition of "fantastic" here. But I suppose if your only frame of reference is LotRO, it would be considered a marked improvement.

I wonder if the next step in their avatars will be to update them to PS3 graphics.

How can there be no one at SSG who can make a better trailer? The only explanation I can think of is they are scrambling to try to fix things before expansion launch, and so everyone was too busy to make a better trailer. They should have got a fan to make a better one.

40 minutes ago, nosam9 said:

How can there be no one at SSG who can make a better trailer? The only explanation I can think of is they are scrambling to try to fix things before expansion launch, and so everyone was too busy to make a better trailer. They should have got a fan to make a better one.

Probably because it's been a skeleton crew since around Moria/Mirkwood, and has progressively gotten worse until they're at this point.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Really playing fast and loose with the definition of "fantastic" here. But I suppose if your only frame of reference is LotRO, it would be considered a marked improvement.

I wonder if the next step in their avatars will be to update them to PS3 graphics.

I said 'fantastic' because I was really impressed with how my elf looked when I logged in yesterday . If you consider the age of LOTRO graphic engine , well yes I would consider the new avatar models an improvement.  Not all the changes in the models are good though, and there are some issues,  like the hair texture changes and human males have some clipping on the back of the head that needs fixing.  

1 hour ago, nosam9 said:

I tend to agree with this post.  Cordovan said they will dump down the emphasis of the trailer as so many people did not like it. There are some talented players in LOTRO that enjoy film making, maybe some will create something nice to showcase the game.    

Because it's totally the players' obligation to do SSG's job for them.

Someone got PAID to produce that trailer.  Let that sink in.  Money that could have been spent on, oh I don't know, paying another QA tester?  Or maybe even paying Amorey and Hurin a little extra to shill a little harder for them on social media....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

That's the really sad part.  Such low standards and low expectations for value.  They'd pay a hundred bucks for a bucket full of shit if the bucket said "Mordor" on the side. And that's precisely what they received with the last three expansions.

Some of those people really feels loyalty toward this product and they want to save it any cost, even when what they get is not worth it at least at my opinion.

Even the 40$ deal is too much when I compare it to other games at the market.

58 minutes ago, Amorey said:

I said 'fantastic' because I was really impressed with how my elf looked when I logged in yesterday .

Jeez, "impressed" as well. Would you also like to use "awe-inspired", "mesmerised", and "wondrous" while you're busy throwing antonyms out?

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

Jeez, "impressed" as well. Would you also like to use "awe-inspired", "mesmerised", and "wondrous" while you're busy throwing antonyms out?

No,  I reserve those for when I read your posts here  

Don't like the new character models ?  Easy, just keep using the old ones.  

12 minutes ago, Amorey said:

No,  I reserve those for when I read your posts here  

Don't like the new character models ?  Easy, just keep using the old ones.  

Don't kid yourself. You know they wouldn't be antonyms for my posts.

But sure, I'll just keep using the old ones (she thinks people still play this game).

I think the avatar update is kind of disappointing. I thought that at the very least we would get a larger selection of options, but due to the poor conversion of many of the faces and features, the selection has actually become much smaller. I second the notion that old avatars should at the very least be an option to use alongside the 'new' avatars. They completely messed up many hairstyles, and especially Male Elves and Female Humans are just an embarrassment. 

Just like the trailer, a dedicated community member can do a thousand times better. I honestly get how people become very protective of SSG at this point, their half arsed approach is jeopardizing their own future playing the game they love. I just wish people would realize that this only further encourages SSG to continue with this modus operandi

23 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

As usual, you're a hopelessly blind fangirl that just accepts whatever SSG puts out as "good", despite a new character model actually being something that should be on par with https://wow.gamepedia.com/Player_character_revamp .

That's what a character revamp and new models should do, and that's what a lot of the player base expected.  What we got was the ability to use any arbitrary part with any gender - essentially, we get to be trans now =/

I can't wait to see how she reacts when they screw up the hobbit avatars.  

I'm sure her response will be "Well WoW has more money to work with".

That's not our problem.  LOTRO was on track to have a big stake in the MMO market in 2007, but its devs and CMs squandered everything that was fun about the game, lost all their subs, and drove it into the ground.  Had they not sabotaged their own product with absolute shit ideas and development, there would have been plenty of money to update character models today, and even some left over to update the datacenter hardware like they said they were going to do, or market the game in a manner that doesn't seem like they're ashamed of their own product, or upgrade the engine, or hire someone to fix the Beornings, or hire a Community Manager that doesn't depend on asskissers to deflect criticism and report anyone who has anything less than stellar to say about the game and its staff so that he won't lose his job.

Mordor is just the next nail in the coffin.  I sincerely hope it's the final straw for a lot of these sycophantic assholes, and that LOTRO gets shut down so a competent software company can take a crack at a Lord of the Rings MMO.

I mean, she is certainly entitled to her opinion.  But for the love of God, her opinion ALWAYS seems to be contrary to criticism, as if she genuinely believes she's getting value for such a shitty product, instead of relying on trust fund babies with disposable income to keep the servers online .  If even a fraction of the community shared her opinions about the state of the game, then LOTRO would have more subscribers than World of Warcraft.  And on the OF, her opinions hold more weight than just about anyone else, because Cordovan likes her blind gushing praise...assuming she's not in his employ, which I'm still not entirely certain she's not.

Well, she can't excuse the shitty trailer.  She can't sit there and say "this is fine".  All she can do is make excuses for why it's so shitty.  And there's only one valid excuse in the entire world; because the company that produced it is equally shitty.

I have no idea how these new human avatars got through QA. On top of completly ruining the original character appearance, new avatars suffer from severe clipping:

YPcyQGl.jpg

As added bonus, now all human male characters look the same:

SWHF6dr.jpg

This is just pathetic, I've seen modders produce higher quality models with next to no clipping.

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

You see the same sort of behavior when battered women defend their man to others, despite the guy being a douche bag in private.

While a lot of us have invested significant time and effort into the game over the years (some holding a fools hope that it would have improved by now) - there's some point where naive optimism must be replaced by reality.  For some (like Amorey) that will never happen.

Those few unable to see the truth for what it is should be fought tooth and nail if they are in a position of power, but pitied otherwise because they cannot cope with the truth.

A long time ago it became clear to me that the game won't improve, at least not in my opinion.

When every mechanism is bound to the store in one or another, you can't make it fun cause if it's fun people won't use the store to buy boosters or shortcuts.

This days when I play it I feel like at every direction I go the game point me to the store. Maybe I'm wrong but this is my own feeling.

And I'm sorry if I don't feel excitement about Mordor, I havn't tried it but I got the feeling it got the same generic quests we did over and over again.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh look, it's a snowflake.  Don't play with a hairdryer mmmmkay?

I talk about what I like, and FFXIV is a game that I like... if that's a problem, there's an ignore feature you dumb twat.

Are you trying to insult me, or what?

If so, please put the hairdryer in your own shallow cunt, instead of telling me to put FFXIV on ignore. 

The delusion doesn't stop with her.  Cordovan was trying to make it seem like the trailer is fine and has gotten a lot of positive feedback on his livestream earlier today.  He's surrounded himself with so many yes-men (and yes-women) that serve as enablers that he himself seems to be utterly blind to what an abysmal shitshow this entire expansion rollout has been, and how far the game has fallen since he got involved.