LOTROCommunity
Spheric

What Can't Be Said At Turbine.

As I said in that other thread "when god wishes to punish us, he answers our prayers"

People have been wishing Turbine to take over the EU services for a long time(not naming names).

O O O But can we please name them? :) You know I've been longing to for such a long time if it does turn 'sour'. I noticed the other day one of the ones who went to Turbine posted 'its good here you'd like it but the CM FanBoi's wont' :)

Why bother doing it? Those who had been pro-Turbine are evident enough by their speech. Let them carry on, and hold on to any reasoned skepticism or viewpoint you have.

I wont put all the blame on Sapience, he is just the mouth of Sauron (Turbine/Warner Bros) and is just doing as he is told. Although the wording used should be a lot better as it does come across as very rude

I wouldn't mind but after prating on to us about "it's not what you say, it's how you say it" to see a response like that just gets the blood boiling! :)

As I said in that other thread "when god wishes to punish us, he answers our prayers"

People have been wishing Turbine to take over the EU services for a long time(not naming names).

We had the same sort of people in DDO Europe, and some of them continue to be PITAs in Turbine-Landia, just about different things :rolleyes: (many of them have been banned from US forums btw, so there *is* a form of poetic justice out there ;))

Concerning OP, well I agree that the look of the US LOTRO forums is ghastly, and whilst I haven't actually used them yet, I do have some experience with the DDO US forums.

1) Their acceptable form of sarcasm is NOT the same as ours. The stronger forms of US sarcasm would not be always acceptable in a European forum btw... This is how Sapience can say that a lot of the same sort of thing goes on, when in fact people being sarky European style are frowned upon. It's a cultural difference, and for some people it's the hardest thing to learn about posting over there...

2) Strongly negative comments directed at Turbine employees are not tolerated, it just ups their stress levels, and they delete them and might even punish people for making them. <shrug> This is an easy one to remember.

3) Their forum, their rules.

oh, and 4) any US forum contributor who might whine to you about your "entitlement issues" is an idiot and you should therefore ignore anything that they say ;)

I have always found it to be funny the US forums of any game is more strict then the European once it seems that the land of the Free isn't that free after all

Being an american player, I can confidently say the land of the free is also the land of the lawsuit. If Turbine allowed the trolling on forums that I have seen codemasters allow someone would sue them in the USA.

Being an american player, I can confidently say the land of the free is also the land of the lawsuit. If Turbine allowed the trolling on forums that I have seen codemasters allow someone would sue them in the USA.

I can sue over trolls? That is good news indeed. There must be millions of trolling lawsuits pending, though.

This is a red herring.

IMHO

Yep. The US has completely ludicrous legislation on that. Heck, a little accident on TV gets you massive fines.

Yeah, I watched that whole debacle with a great deal of amusement. Although, just how "accidental" it actually was is open to debate.

That has more to do with our silly (and often times truly harmful) prudish puritan history than with the torte system, though. Nursing mothers is another example. Even behind towels, that is seriously frowned upon in public and could get you in deep trouble with the law.

The list goes on. Silly. Yet, harmful at the same time.

I just would love to see the look on an american's face when a Dutch judge is hearing someone's claim like that :P The look on their face as the judge rolls off his bench laughing would be so very priceless