LOTROCommunity

Welcome to the New World!

Spheric

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that they're almost all teenagers and almost all of them have the intellectual capacity of a tree or a very active rock.

Well, that's more-often-than-not a trademark of most teenagers. ;)

Look, we know that the whole process is bunged up; consider the source. But, your neighbours here will try to make things as easy as they can from a non-Turbine end of things. So, while you're getting here, have a good welcome.

Now, bog in. <stuffs a blancmange in his gob>

... and to play on California, you must know the password 'like totally'

Oh please. We stopped saying things like "totally" "gnarly" and "tubular" around the early 90's.

Hey I'm only 15 you know ;)

Pity that. I'm sure you'll grow out of it. ;)

Ok, now that all y'all are partially virtually "over here", you need to learn some basics when talking to Americans.

Understanding American English

http://esl.about.com/od/britishamerican/a/american_english.htm

Difference between American and British English

http://esl.about.com/od/toeflieltscambridge/a/dif_ambrit.htm

Also remember that many online gamers have friends from around the world but they still get tripped up by different words used in British English. For instance... The rear of the car is called "the trunk" and the front is called "the hood." They are called "cookies" not "biscuits." Words describing something exciting or fantastic differ between the various regions of the USA... we don't all use the same word across the nation.

Enjoy your visit! Just don't move over here to Paradise...there are too many people here already!(San Diego, CA)

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit

Eternal Troublemaker

Patched up, migrated over... and unable to get on a server as their status won't resolve :P Oh well, should be fixed by the time I get back off my 14 hour shift I hope! I'll need to kill something by then...

Ellis Island is down the hall to your left. It's not mandatory that you visit there; however, it is highly recommended. Please have your papers ready, including proof of inoculation against European humor.

*O*:*)*O*

Thanks for your warm welcome, and pointing the way :)

Pray tell me, what does that huge statue over there hold in her hand? A glowing ring with strange signs on its inside?

*bites on a cookie*

well they give us food! it can't be that bad can it?

but I wonder when I can get off of this boat, I don't like water. Can't swim you know

Bah, updating takes ages. I asume half or europe is downloading it now. -O-

*bites on a cookie*

well they give us food! it can't be that bad can it?

but I wonder when I can get off of this boat, I don't like water. Can't swim you know

Bah, updating takes ages. I asume half or europe is downloading it now. -O-

Biscuits, not cookies! :P

It was a nightmare last night. I gave up and jumped out of bed early this morning (as soon as it got light and woke me up). Completed the migration at 05:45 (ish). I imagine it's getting quite busy again now. Slow patching isn't a major issue though, unless you were planning on creating a character on one of the US servers - ours won't be up for some time yet.

It was a nightmare last night. I gave up and jumped out of bed early this morning (as soon as it got light and woke me up). Completed the migration at 05:45 (ish). I imagine it's getting quite busy again now. Slow patching isn't a major issue though, unless you were planning on creating a character on one of the US servers - ours won't be up for some time yet.

I was up at 6.15 and i couldn't get on then.

Account migrated (I was allowed to bypass Ellis Island; Lady Liberty let me through unimpeded, being European as well) and the patcher is patching. Crossing my fingers and all.

Think I'll have a biscuit while I wait. Or a cookie.

"What's in a name? That which we call a biscuit by any other name would taste as yummy." - William Bakespeare.

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I taste like that defines me." - Batterman.

Tried clearing your browsers cache? I also started the launcher and used the migration link on there rather than one posted in a forum or a bookmarked link, just in case they'd changed something. Remember also, when you get that site maintenance page, just reloading might not achieve anything...it may be necessary to go back to the previous page and resubmit the form properly. All a bit of a pain really...