LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
warspeech

New OF Community Guidelines

It's going to be interesting to see if the following section gets applied evenly to all the posters there:

• Respect people. We ask that you respect others whether you agree with them or not. That means, in part:
    • Don't insult or harass others: Insulting or harassing people says more about you than it does the person you are insulting or harassing.
    • Don't troll: Trolling disrupts conversation and leads to long-term problems. Remember that you can strongly disagree with someone and not post about it, and can instead voice your own opinion without insulting others. This is also more productive and valuable to us. It's okay if someone is wrong on the Internet!
    • Don't accuse people of being trolls: Simply report their posts and move on. Calling someone a troll is a form of trolling.
    • Don't use loaded words to insult a group of players: The use of the words, "fanboy", "fanbois", "cheerleaders", "haters", or similar-meaning language, is insulting and not okay.

Several prominent posters on the OF are in violation of this section, yet we'll never see them banned for it.

Always funny to see that they threw in three examples of what not to say to their sycophants, and only one for those who criticise the game.

The mass unbanning of accounts is largely pointless.  Most people who had a ban wont go to the forum, hell many wont even play the game any more, so they will not know they are unbanned as there is not much chance of SSG emailing them to let them know.

So it is a PR move that sounds great but in reality is meaningless 

The other part that I find troubling:

We have preserved some of the worst infractions, including Terms of Service violations, Spam-related bans, hate speech, and other instant-ban infractions.

In the US, hate speech actually doesn't have a legal definition because the US Supreme Court reached a decision that hate speech is actually protected by the First Amendment and hate speech has no legal basis whatsoever.  In reality, hate speech is basically "things I don't want to hear".

Ergo, anyone that criticizes LotRO can be construed to be posting hate speech, so don't expect to be unbanned if you've been critical against LotRO on the OF.

Additionally:

• We do not permit "Naming and Shaming". Publicly accusing someone of misbehavior, whether true or not, is not allowed. We do not conduct trials in the court of public opinion, nor do we want to create a situation where players are forced to defend themselves publicly against untrue, misleading, or only partially accurate allegations.

Basically, large swaths of the SSG sycophants have done just this, and many should be banned for their hand in said public kangaroo courts convicting people of being guilty for thinking differently.

Doesn't appear to apply to me, but that's fine. I wouldn't expect it to, because Cordovan does not tolerate anyone who sees right through his hypocrisy.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Name Calling and Insults: 2. Harassing, Insulting and Abusive posts. (Moderate) We do not tolerate any comments that are abusive or insulting, involve name calling, or attempt to disparage, harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

The result of one of the following posts;

Been saying that for a year now, and this "expansion" confirms it in spades.

Now, when I post on this forum, what normally happens at this point is that Cordovan deletes my post and either gives me and infraction or bans me. Not this time, Cordovan. This is valid criticism, and you know it. You can't hide behind the trolls who swarm in and tell me to either love it or leave it this time. This time, you don't have a leg to stand on. That trailer is not professional quality, it's damaging to the game, the studio and, frankly, the IP, and it's going to actively deter newcomers from even trying the game. You simply cannot defend it. Any way you slice it, that trailer is going to result in a loss of revenue. And it's YOUR fault.

Now, are you going to continue to ignore the feedback that isn't gushing praise for you on this forum? Or are you going to respond?

or this reply to Amorey shilling yet again;

Of course you do. You've liked everything Turbine has done to torpedo the game since you started playing. I have to admit I'm truly surprised you didn't shill for the launch trailer as well.

It's like if anyone has a valid criticism (and these ARE valid criticisms, whether you like it or not), you go out of your way to take a contrary stance.

It gets really old. And when the game is finally cancelled, and you don't have anything to shill for anymore, I won't lament for you. Because you helped make it happen by constantly refuting valid criticisms and concerns on this forum.

Now, you go right ahead and report me to your lord and master Cordovan, since that's what you do to every single post that doesn't paint the game or its staff in a glowing light, or calls you out for being at all appearances a paid Turbine/SSG employee whose job is to pump sunshine on these forums and refute valid criticisms and concerns.

And that goes for Hurin, Mar, and any other Turbine shill reading this as well. You guys have helped ruin LOTRO.

or my reply to her reply;

Actually, what I'm trying to say is that I don't like you. The fact that the animations and character models were obviously outsourced to some unsupervised interns who didn't really know what they were doing, then rushed out as-is at the last minute without the least bit of quality control, is just an afterthought.

I mean, we get it. Even if the models' eyeballs and teeth had been sticking outside the characters' heads and their arms didn't move when they run, you'd still be on here cheerleading about how great they are. You don't possess objectivity, and you constantly try to bully those who do. I for one am sick of it.

You don't have do give your opinions on this stuff, because we all already know your opinion; we know you absolutely love everything Turbine/SSG shoves down your throat.

You're outnumbered, Amorey. The vast majority of people who gave this expansion a chance are completely dissatisfied. Coupled with the hundreds of thousands who couldn't even be bothered to give LOTRO another chance, and you have a dying MMO on your hands.

Which you helped kill.

Or this...

It's strange to me that people are still trying to downplay (or even downright refute) the lack of quality in this expansion.

SSG has completely dropped the ball. That trailer is going to decimate any chance of new players picking up LOTRO. That leaves a very small playerbase, the majority of who are either still waiting on their character boosts, or are currently being chastized by forum white knights for not having read the terms of sale close enough when they were duped into believing that purchasing Mordor included the new race (per each and every advertisement), or who are having to try to play naked because the min level of their gear changed overnight and is now unequppable, or trying to come to terms with ugly animations/character models that were rushed out at the last minute, or how the epic conclusion to the War of the Ring is (just as I predicted two years ago) a lame, gimmicky on-rails instance.

Now I can understand the players who bloated in during the F2P push not having any expectations or standards for this game, because those players generally have poor expectations and low standards in all matters of their lives anyway, but those who stuck with LOTRO since launch simply cannot be satisfied with how horrible it is today. It used to be such a great game, with such a great community. But they're all gone now, replaced by kewl dewds who apparently really love to pick flowers. More than ever I long for a Shadows of Angmar emulator, free from the clutches of Turbine's constant meddling and progressively worse expansions, and free from the draconian censorship and moderation of Sapience and Cordovan. Mordor is supposed to be the most terrible, inhospitable place imaginable. But that honor now falls upon the gaming studio(s) in which Mordor was developed.

I wasted so much time and money on a lost cause, and that's on me. But that doesn't mean I have to feel good about it. And neither should you.

Or this...

The problem is that new players (which kind of makes me laugh typing...after that Mordor launch trailer, there almost certainly won't be any new players) are introduced to a game in which you can literally one shot every single landscape mob while leveling up (or in the case of lore masters, put pets on aggressive and simply go in the middle of a concentrated spawn point). There is ZERO challange in SoA/MoM/Mirkwood content today, and that's a significant chunk of the game. Tack on the frustration of poorly designed mounted combat, the grindiness of picking flowers, and the laginess of Minas Tirith, and THEN finally be presented with difficult mobs in Mordor, after having your hand held for nearly 100 levels, all behind the backdrop of contrarians and white knights saying "git gud nub" when they dare to express their frustration and concerns about a product they paid for......

It's almost as if SSG/Turbine WANT this game to fail.....

Heck, there's no almost to it. That can be the only logical explanation. No one could possibly be THAT stupid.

Now, the thread in which I lost my cool and told Cordovan to take his infractions and shove them up his overpaid ass.....sure, I get that, and I own it.  But that was nearly a year ago.  None of the above posts should have resulted in an infraction, much less a perma ban, and very few can argue with that (except Amorey, of course, who reported any number of these posts because that's what she does).  But I fall into the "worst" category, because he knows I won't stop rocking the boat.

I say again, Cordovan DOES suck at his job....and the hypocrisy of this hollow initiative proves it.

You really are a moron and don't get why you got banned, do you?

Let me clarify for you.....

Just now, psalm8818 said:

Been saying that for a year now, and this "expansion" confirms it in spades.

Now, when I post on this forum, what normally happens at this point is that Cordovan deletes my post and either gives me and infraction or bans me. Not this time, Cordovan. This is valid criticism, and you know it. You can't hide behind the trolls who swarm in and tell me to either love it or leave it this time. This time, you don't have a leg to stand on. That trailer is not professional quality, it's damaging to the game, the studio and, frankly, the IP, and it's going to actively deter newcomers from even trying the game. You simply cannot defend it. Any way you slice it, that trailer is going to result in a loss of revenue. And it's YOUR fault.

Now, are you going to continue to ignore the feedback that isn't gushing praise for you on this forum? Or are you going to respond?

That's baiting the moderators to take action against you.

Of course you do. You've liked everything Turbine has done to torpedo the game since you started playing. I have to admit I'm truly surprised you didn't shill for the launch trailer as well.

It's like if anyone has a valid criticism (and these ARE valid criticisms, whether you like it or not), you go out of your way to take a contrary stance.

It gets really old. And when the game is finally cancelled, and you don't have anything to shill for anymore, I won't lament for you. Because you helped make it happen by constantly refuting valid criticisms and concerns on this forum.

Now, you go right ahead and report me to your lord and master Cordovan, since that's what you do to every single post that doesn't paint the game or its staff in a glowing light, or calls you out for being at all appearances a paid Turbine/SSG employee whose job is to pump sunshine on these forums and refute valid criticisms and concerns.

And that goes for Hurin, Mar, and any other Turbine shill reading this as well. You guys have helped ruin LOTRO.

That entire post can be construed as a personal attack against several members of the OF.

Actually, what I'm trying to say is that I don't like you. The fact that the animations and character models were obviously outsourced to some unsupervised interns who didn't really know what they were doing, then rushed out as-is at the last minute without the least bit of quality control, is just an afterthought.

I mean, we get it. Even if the models' eyeballs and teeth had been sticking outside the characters' heads and their arms didn't move when they run, you'd still be on here cheerleading about how great they are. You don't possess objectivity, and you constantly try to bully those who do. I for one am sick of it.

You don't have do give your opinions on this stuff, because we all already know your opinion; we know you absolutely love everything Turbine/SSG shoves down your throat.

You're outnumbered, Amorey. The vast majority of people who gave this expansion a chance are completely dissatisfied. Coupled with the hundreds of thousands who couldn't even be bothered to give LOTRO another chance, and you have a dying MMO on your hands.

Which you helped kill.

That's dev bashing.

It's strange to me that people are still trying to downplay (or even downright refute) the lack of quality in this expansion.

SSG has completely dropped the ball. That trailer is going to decimate any chance of new players picking up LOTRO. That leaves a very small playerbase, the majority of who are either still waiting on their character boosts, or are currently being chastized by forum white knights for not having read the terms of sale close enough when they were duped into believing that purchasing Mordor included the new race (per each and every advertisement), or who are having to try to play naked because the min level of their gear changed overnight and is now unequppable, or trying to come to terms with ugly animations/character models that were rushed out at the last minute, or how the epic conclusion to the War of the Ring is (just as I predicted two years ago) a lame, gimmicky on-rails instance.

Now I can understand the players who bloated in during the F2P push not having any expectations or standards for this game, because those players generally have poor expectations and low standards in all matters of their lives anyway, but those who stuck with LOTRO since launch simply cannot be satisfied with how horrible it is today. It used to be such a great game, with such a great community. But they're all gone now, replaced by kewl dewds who apparently really love to pick flowers. More than ever I long for a Shadows of Angmar emulator, free from the clutches of Turbine's constant meddling and progressively worse expansions, and free from the draconian censorship and moderation of Sapience and Cordovan. Mordor is supposed to be the most terrible, inhospitable place imaginable. But that honor now falls upon the gaming studio(s) in which Mordor was developed.

I wasted so much time and money on a lost cause, and that's on me. But that doesn't mean I have to feel good about it. And neither should you.

Personal attack against Cordovan (which is just stupid to do on the OF).

The problem is that new players (which kind of makes me laugh typing...after that Mordor launch trailer, there almost certainly won't be any new players) are introduced to a game in which you can literally one shot every single landscape mob while leveling up (or in the case of lore masters, put pets on aggressive and simply go in the middle of a concentrated spawn point). There is ZERO challange in SoA/MoM/Mirkwood content today, and that's a significant chunk of the game. Tack on the frustration of poorly designed mounted combat, the grindiness of picking flowers, and the laginess of Minas Tirith, and THEN finally be presented with difficult mobs in Mordor, after having your hand held for nearly 100 levels, all behind the backdrop of contrarians and white knights saying "git gud nub" when they dare to express their frustration and concerns about a product they paid for......

It's almost as if SSG/Turbine WANT this game to fail.....

Heck, there's no almost to it. That can be the only logical explanation. No one could possibly be THAT stupid.

And posts like this with the others you posted in your history can give a moderator the impression that you're a troll/toxic element to the community.

If you're trying to take on people on the OF, you have to be extremely smart about what you're doing because they will use the rules as clubs to beat people with and not rules to follow.

Simply put, you're not smart enough to be able to do that - at least going by this sample of posts.

Ha!, the expert of everything is now expert in trolling and baiting. Please don't remind us all those months you were making the ridiculous to get a ban from Frelorn.

On topic, Cordovan seems to be very determined to silence criticism. These rules are more specific, tighter.

Every time mmo forum rules are "revised" in the middle of a shitstorm (and Mordor is a disaster), is to scare away critics.  No matter how many pardons were given, they wort nothing because with the new rules you simply can't deal with some passive trolls or with people who don't give a damn about Lotro anymore; or those with multiple accounts. People like the blonde bitch will accuse you of trolling, derailing or shaming at first glance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trisswyn said:

Ha!, the expert of everything is now expert in trolling and baiting.

It's good that you recognize my brilliance.

Just now, Trisswyn said:

Please don't remind us all those months you were making the ridiculous to get a ban from Frelorn.

And yet, I was never banned by Frelorn >.>

Either way, it showed just how shoddy Frelorn's moderation was.

Just now, Trisswyn said:

On topic, Cordovan seems to be very determined to silence criticism. These rules are more specific, tighter.

Every time mmo forum rules are "revised" in the middle of a shitstorm (and Mordor is a disaster), is to scare away critics.  No matter how many pardons were given, they wort nothing because with the new rules you simply can't deal with some passive trolls or with people who don't give a damn about Lotro anymore; or those with multiple accounts. People like the blonde bitch will accuse you of trolling, derailing or shaming at first glance.

Exactly.

The new forum guidelines read like an SJWs wet dream, because it's everything the sycophants need to get their marks perma-banned.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And yet, I was never banned by Frelorn >.>

Well, Frelorn didn't do much of anything really, as far as forum moderation went.  That's why people like TheJagoff and that Thorgrum turd went unscatched for so long.  

The fact is some people don't have lives outside of their gaming cocoon.  Their only social interaction is online games, in this case Lotro.  When they feel that someone is "threatening" their beloved game, be it criticism, "trolling", etc.  they go on the offensive.  They take it as a personal affront to them.  The same thing happens when someone gets bent out of shape if you don't love a band they love.  They act as if they wrote the songs.  Now their "offensive" is blowing rainbows up the cm or dev's asses until they can fart multicolored bubbles.  It's incredibly frustrating for someone who feels let down by the game.  Just like it's frustrating when you're having technical issues and 85% of the response are "I don't crash"  There seems to be a commonly held belief that if it does not happen to me, it must not exist.  

Now regarding whether a specific post is worthy of banning it would have to be something truly horrific.  What often occurs is that they get a report on someone and then skim through their post history to find a pattern of behavior.  If you have a pattern of being a pain in the ass then it's likely going to get you banned.  If you throw in the name of the CM or the poster that the response is directed toward.  Well, then you've just hit the fuck you lottery.

7 hours ago, Trisswyn said:

Ha!, the expert of everything is now expert in trolling and baiting. Please don't remind us all those months you were making the ridiculous to get a ban from Frelorn.

I think you're right.  Last time it was Helm's Deep, this time Mordor.  

5 hours ago, warspeech said:

I think you're right.  Last time it was Helm's Deep, this time Mordor.  

What I think the CM folk don't get is that if you don't have any criticism on your game forums (and lets face it, there's **A LOT** of criticism on the WoW and FFXIV forums), then the forums look like their either not used for much, or that the devs don't really want to listen to the community.

Therein lies the problem when you're with a dev team on a failing product, because they're doing exactly the wrong thing to try to stabilize the ship.