LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Galuhad

Migration Guide

Going back to the migration site and now use the other option to check to see if you account has been created. If it has just wait for an email. If it hasnt try step 1 again

Apologies :)

on here: https://transfer.lotro.com/ you have 2 options.

Begin your migration or Check your migration status

If the first keeps giving you errors, try the second option to see if your new username registered with Turbine. if it did you just need to wait for your confirmation emails. If it didn't try beginning your migration again.

Hope that makes more sense

I clicked cancel on the billing part right about now, hoping for an email to bump into my mailbox...

Once i got to the billing stage i just closed the page. seems to be ok, the patcher has finished and i can log into the client an roll on the US servers. myaccount on the turbine website lists all my exp. packs & extras as well as showing my VIP status so seems you dont need to fill in the billing bits till your good an ready :w

ps - i have an email welcoming me to the LOTRO gobal service so i dont think ive broken anything closing the billing page after migrating my account

To be honest it seems like the "We're sorry, An error has occurred, please try again shortly" message is not something temporary, judging by the forum posts on the official forums, few people have the error :( Man I just want to play some lotro, lol..

To be honest it seems like the "We're sorry, An error has occurred, please try again shortly" message is not something temporary, judging by the forum posts on the official forums, few people have the error :( Man I just want to play some lotro, lol..

dunno if this will help but i noticed that the link in the launcher just takes me to a page that wont load however the link from the email about the migartion seems to work fine ;)

dunno if this will help but i noticed that the link in the launcher just takes me to a page that wont load however the link from the email about the migartion seems to work fine ;)

Thanks for attempting to help:) but the page does load:) it's just that it won't accept my codemaster username and password for some reason, comes with that stupid error message telling me to "try again shortly". Been trying again shortly for the past 4 hours

Thanks for attempting to help:) but the page does load:) it's just that it won't accept my codemaster username and password for some reason, comes with that stupid error message telling me to "try again shortly". Been trying again shortly for the past 4 hours

What happened the first time you tried, did it take you to stage 2 of migration?

What happened the first time you tried, did it take you to stage 2 of migration?

No it has never taken me any further, the first attempt, and the rest for that matter, all lead me to the "We're sorry" error

ah no worries bud, seems silly how some can do it first time and others have been trying for ages

In the end it worked pretty smoothly last night, despite the repeated attempts. While having to do everything three times was annoying, it was mitigated by the fact that the reason why it was taking so long was due to the sheer number of people hitting the server.

Its also worth adding my voice to those suggesting that you check if you think a migration attempt has failed. On my fourth go through the system last night after three apparent failures, I found that instead of taking me to stage 2 once I had logged in, I ended up at a 'Uh, you've already migrated this account stupid, go away' (Ok Paraphrasing, but...) page. Testing the account, I could log in straight away.

Now just to get the servers up.

Don't know what to suggest really apart from clearing browser caches and cookies before trying again, or maybe trying Turbine's support...

Don't know what to suggest really apart from clearing browser caches and cookies before trying again, or maybe trying Turbine's support...

This was not supposed to be this hard..oh well, perhaps tomorrow it will work