LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Galuhad

Migration Guide

I originally posted this on Turbine's Forum:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?397970-A-guide-to-migration

Posting it again here for you guys..

Just thought I would post this to help with some people who may be suffering confusion and stress with the migration tool..

Migration site

Step 1 will ask you to confirm your Codemasters account details.. If you enter this and get an error or server down message, wait a minute then go back to the beginning and start again.

Step 2:

If you manage to get to step 2, you will be prompted to create a new Turbine account.. The username needs to be unique, if you want to you can use your existing Codemaster username, however if that's taken you will be asked to enter another.

The password must contain a character and a letter.

There have been some reports of players unable to create an account under the age of 18, if you are under 18 perhaps ask a parent to create the account for you.

After Step 2, if you submit and get an error or server down message, before you go back to the beginning and start over, double check your migration process as it may actually have gone through.. Whilst there are three steps, the third doesn't need to be completed to migrate your account.

Try logging into Turbine's account site at https://myaccount.turbine.com/ to double check. If you are able to log in then your account is migrated and you can create a sub if you need to. Lifetime memberships do not require you to create a sub, however you may want to attach a credit card to your account for future store purchases - this is not compulsory though.

When you want to attach a credit card, be sure your address details are 100% correct, including the region.. A slight difference will possibly cause errors with your card company. I know this sounds basic, but I had problems because I had London selected as my region rather than the borough I live in.

Step 3:

I can't actually comment on as I've not got this far on either of my accounts even though they are both now migrated.. This step asks you to create a sub, if you have a lifetime account you can skip this step, otherwise you will need to create a new subscription if you wish to play as a VIP.

When all this is done, open up your EU client which will begin to patch.. When the patch is done you will be prompted with a grey box asking you to enter your new Turbine account details, do this and click continue. The client will verify your account, and as long as this is Ok the client will then ready itself for you to log in.

The EU servers at present are offline so you won't be able to log in and see your characters just yet, but you can enter the previous US servers if you want. Note also that your points won't be available right away, you will have to wait a while for those to follow.

• Upvote 1

Worth mentioning for lifers is that you do not have to enter any credit card information when that particular request pops up, just click "skip", your lifetime status will still be intact, at least mine seems to be.

Worth mentioning for lifers is that you do not have to enter any credit card information when that particular request pops up, just click "skip", your lifetime status will still be intact, at least mine seems to be.

This step is also completely skippable if you are creating a Free/Premium account :)

Step 1 will ask you to confirm your Codemasters account details.

At this first step the lotro-client started Internet Explorer for me. As I am not so familiar with IE, I simply copy-pasted the link from IE to Firefox, and entered the required data there. Worked well.

I then logged off my shiny new Turbine account, and restarted the lotro-client.

May interest those who have problems with IE.

Personally the Mythic handling of transferring WAR from GOA To Mythic was easier than this load of rubbish. I am having all sorts of bother getting it to happen even with advice.

For me it reeks of "Doing it on the cheap" and i am beginning to think about moving elsewhere.

Tho I feel buddy there is more players mote variables then war. Seem s very straight forward to me and no issues.

If you manage to do the migration successfully, log in game and have no store points don't panic straight away as they sometimes get added later on. I had a 5 hour delay between the initial migration and the final stage. They added my old point balance to the few points I'd gained from a new character I'd created while I wait for our old servers to come back.

Tho I feel buddy there is more players mote variables then war. Seem s very straight forward to me and no issues.

Oh it should be straightforward, but i dont have the will to keep going back to the same page after getting the error try again.

nearly 2 hours of trying now, you just got lucky.

well in a mail I got from Turbine it said

While your game information has been migrated and you may now log in and start playing LOTRO, we generally recommend that players wait until the entire process completes. Logging into the game at this point may result in the display of incorrect point balances, subscription states, or other account-related display issues.

Though I wonder who they can think we will do that! I mean: we had a days without lotro! |:(

In War Mythic simply informed us that our accounts were set up and all we had to do was to put our login name in and add _EUR on the end.

Job done.

Well, so far for me it has been very painless. Launched the game and it patched, followed the link to the migration site, filled in the details and I was done. I now have a level 7 Dwarf Minstrel on Landroval.

If the EU servers come online any time in the next couple of days, you can colour me impressed. Well done so far Turbine.

Was fine for me this morning as well. Absolute nightmare last night though.

Oh yes, little reminder to anyone who creates a community name over there for Turbine's forums, etc.

Once you've set it YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT except for security reasons - so don't do what some poor sod did and type in a load of gibberish just to get past that screen...wasn't me I'm happy to say :)

Im abit confuddled on usernames for game and forums. I thought you had to create a seperate forum username and password for the Turbine site. From the accounts page I followed the link to do this but when I try and log into the forums it tells me the username is wrong. However, I can log into the forums with my game account sign on. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Caught me out as well. On the forum login, it does tell you that you need to use your game login details, they removed the requirement for a separate forum account some time ago but left the link on the account page for some unknown reason. So, nothing wrong there...in dev speak, it's working as intended.

luckily I got transitioned before the website got inundated and have to say it was all very smooth.

I know since then many of my kinmates have had issues, mainly with the transition site being down.

This then can tempt people to create an account directly with Turbine using their EU details, meaning, of course, when they try to transition their EU account they find that the account name is already taken. And confusion reigns.....

Nothing can be done about load on the transition site I guess, but a slightly clearer explanation of what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do, might have helped. They relied heavily on the process being simple to follow, which it is, but the crashing of the site then has left people in limbo somewhat.

Anyway... a level 8 Bekky Taylor is now quietly causing havoc on Landroval :Y;)>:)

I read it as Turbine needing the info in case you ever wanted to purchase points.

So guys I would really appreciate if someone could answer me on this one:

I open the transfer.lotro site thingy and I can't even seem to get past step1.

It asks me to put in my codemaster details and I do, but then i get an error saying;

We're sorry, An error has occurred, please try again shortly..

Could someone help me please?

Thanks

It asks me to put in my codemaster details and I do, but then i get an error saying;

Thanks

Going back to the migration site and now use the other option to check to see if you account has been created. If it has just wait for an email. If it hasnt try step 1 again

Going back to the migration site and now use the other option to check to see if you account has been created. If it has just wait for an email. If it hasnt try step 1 again

I am terribly sorry, but could you please rephrase your answer? Go back to lotro.transfer site aye? But what other option?

Thank you

Thanks

All I can say is that it appears to be very very very busy and those messages are just when the load gets too heavy and it falls over. Keep with it and, as they say, "things can only get better".

Take comfort in the fact that it is not something you are doing wrong :*)

All I can say is that it appears to be very very very busy and those messages are just when the load gets too heavy and it falls over. Keep with it and, as they say, "things can only get better".

Take comfort in the fact that it is not something you are doing wrong :*)

Oh alright then, I can wait:) Was just worried that there were some problems with my account that's all.

Thank you for your help!