Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

Gorgoroth lootboxes additions: new shinies

Recommended Posts

Dont see whats wrong with cosmetics in lootboxes, even if they are exclusive to lootboxes.  The dont effect the the game and if people what to spent money for a slim chance to get them, well you know what the save about a fool and their money

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Dont see whats wrong with cosmetics in lootboxes, even if they are exclusive to lootboxes.  The dont effect the the game and if people what to spent money for a slim chance to get them, well you know what the save about a fool and their money

For others, the game isn't complete when you've got cosmetics locked away from you by micro-transactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Dont see whats wrong with cosmetics in lootboxes, even if they are exclusive to lootboxes.  The dont effect the the game and if people what to spent money for a slim chance to get them, well you know what the save about a fool and their money

why does it matter what is in the loot-boxes?  isn't the argument that the loot-boxes themselves are the problem??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lootboxes are here to stay, overwatch, hearths tone, dota, lol, fifa, shadow of mordor, tomb raider, madden... Etc... So many games now with loot boxes or packs, you can't blame ssg for jumping on that band wagon to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

Lootboxes are here to stay, overwatch, hearths tone, dota, lol, fifa, shadow of mordor, tomb raider, madden... Etc... So many games now with loot boxes or packs, you can't blame ssg for jumping on that band wagon to be honest. 

Of course you can blame them.  For starters, not all the title you listed are MMORPGs.  Second, there are just as many games that steer clear of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't blame a business for jumping at an obviously profitable new trend, no matter how much I dislike it, I can understand why when you see games like madden and hearthstone making a fuckton of money out of crates you might try the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Papi said:

why does it matter what is in the loot-boxes?  isn't the argument that the loot-boxes themselves are the problem??

As long as there are loot boxes in game, and they will be their till the servers shut, it is better to have cosmetic stuff in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh... I'm not really sure how fair it is to include DCCGs [Digital Collectible Card Games] like Hearthstone, Hex, and Mt:GO in comparison with loot boxes in other games as M:tG uses packs as their primary card distribution method for most of their sets and expansions.

I mean, if you're going to condemn the DCCGs, at least condemn the real world CCGs while you're at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×