LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
psalm8818

A Masterclass on How to Drive Away Paying Customers

Any post in particular that you're referring to (If you click the #number at the top right corner of any post, you get a link for that particular post)? I had a brief look and couldn't see anything major. Then again, I have no idea what this Ash nonsense is.

There's this one post that stands out as morbidly amusing.

"I honestly believe SSG think their playerbase is full of stupid people. They think we can not see past things like this "

Sitting on the sidelines here for a few years, and just enjoying the show, I can't help but notice that, after all the fail moves on Turbine's/SSG's part, and people STILL being there, and paying to be fed horse manure, that SSG are obviously correct in their assumption wrt. their playerbase. Or what is left of it, anyway.

SNy

It's not long before Cordovan snaps at someone and tells them to go play a different game if they aren't happy.

5 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Cordovan has a long way to go still, before he reaches Sapience level. 

He's made some progress though. 

a few people have been sharing the many infractions that Cordovan has been handing out (through PMs).  the majority of them he isn't even bothering to put a reason, he's actively deleting posts and in a lot of the cases, the threads he is using to back up the infractions are those simply critical of the dev decisions.  he also made a point to close (at the time) the only active loot-box discussion thread.  others have popped up since then of course.  i'd say he is on his way to sapience level douche-baggery

He's been doing that since they pulled him off DDO and saddled him with a game (and a community) he demonstrably cannot stand.

He has no interest in improving the game or in satisfying customers.  All he wants is a paycheck that he doesn't even deserve.

9 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

He's been doing that since they pulled him off DDO and saddled him with a game (and a community) he demonstrably cannot stand.

He has no interest in improving the game or in satisfying customers.  All he wants is a paycheck that he doesn't even deserve.

Pity.

In his defense I have to say that forum communities are poison. ;)

There was a thread, I can't remember which one, but after a few pages of general civility That Wolfgarde douche chimed in with the usual "stop whining fuckers" post.  Cordovan immediately closed the thread for "insults."  It seemed like he was looking for the excuse to shut it down.  He could have chastised that lone asshole and deleted their post.  I wonder if Wolfgarde was sent in to give him that excuse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

There was a thread, I can't remember which one, but after a few pages of general civility That Wolfgarde douche chimed in with the usual "stop whining fuckers" post.  Cordovan immediately closed the thread for "insults."  It seemed like he was looking for the excuse to shut it down.  He could have chastised that lone asshole and deleted their post.  I wonder if Wolfgarde was sent in to give him that excuse.

I've maintained for years that Turbine staff post frequently on incognito "just a normal player" accounts in order to subvert the discourse and deflect criticism back onto unsatisfied paying customers.  And without fail, the ones who are always the first to refute and deny this theory are the very ones whom I suspect are on payroll.  One of them does it here whenever her name is conjured (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about).  Half the bullshit she types could ONLY come from the mind of someone who is being paid to type bullshit.

The only thing worse than a Community Relations Manager that doesn't even try to do a good job are the shills who prop him up so that he doesn't have to.

23 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

I've maintained for years that Turbine staff post frequently on incognito "just a normal player" accounts in order to subvert the discourse and deflect criticism back onto unsatisfied paying customers.  And without fail, the ones who are always the first to refute and deny this theory are the very ones whom I suspect are on payroll.  One of them does it here whenever her name is conjured (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about).  Half the bullshit she types could ONLY come from the mind of someone who is being paid to type bullshit.

The only thing worse than a Community Relations Manager that doesn't even try to do a good job are the shills who prop him up so that he doesn't have to.

Not that we really want to go down that road again, but I don't think that person is a paid shill.  I think they're your typical "I love something and I view any criticism as a threat to it's survival."  Some people however, seem to get away with being vile pieces of crap for a lot longer than they should.  Some things are justified.  Banning Throgrum and The Jagoff being two of them.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 12:10 PM, Amenhir said:

Not that we really want to go down that road again, but I don't think that person is a paid shill.  I think they're your typical "I love something and I view any criticism as a threat to it's survival."  Some people however, seem to get away with being vile pieces of crap for a lot longer than they should.  Some things are justified.  Banning Throgrum and The Jagoff being two of them.

To be quite honest, half of the active participant of that forum have violated the CoC so many times that they really do deserve to be banned as well...

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

To be quite honest, half of the active participant of that forum have violated the CoC so many times that they really do deserve to be banned as well...

I guess the difference is most people don't start threads to call the rest of the player base "retards" or essentially forum stalk people by storing a compendium of everything they ever said over the course of many years.

12 hours ago, Amenhir said:

I guess the difference is most people don't start threads to call the rest of the player base "retards" or essentially forum stalk people by storing a compendium of everything they ever said over the course of many years.

Yeah... that's annoying because as soon as they can't beat you in an argument, they start cross linking all the things pulled out of context in a wide variety of personal attacks.

Methinks they just don't have a life.... so maybe they can't be banned because you can't kill something with no life =/

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yeah... that's annoying because as soon as they can't beat you in an argument, they start cross linking all the things pulled out of context in a wide variety of personal attacks.

Methinks they just don't have a life.... so maybe they can't be banned because you can't kill something with no life =/

Is that going to be a new Walking Dead spinoff on AMC?  The Undead Assholes?  

On 12/21/2017 at 11:30 PM, Amenhir said:

Is that going to be a new Walking Dead spinoff on AMC?  The Undead Assholes?  

Y'know, all they'd have to do is farm the LotRO official forums for content....