LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

The Latest Debacle

The "community" gets what it deserves.  Maybe if they had spoken up louder when the loot-boxes were introduced with the Mordor expansion...it's pretty silly to feign outrage now.

I don't see the issue there. It's available in-game. If anything, this is how the store should've been used all along.

Edit: I didn't realise it was only in lootboxes. That's a shitty move. Just stick them on the store straight up and be done with it without all the retarded gambling involved.

7 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Horses?

So what?

See no one getting hurt.

That's exactly what the Russian oligarchs who control SSG have been trying to tell us, comrade.

Kids need to become addicted to gambling at an early age, so that we can weaken the resolve of those capitalist pigs!  Right?

WRONG.

Open your eyes and cut the puppet strings that make you dance the feckless fanboy dance.

14 hours ago, Talisman said:

SSG has created a new lootbox containing meta-deed horses. It can be bartered for ash.

The community is not amused.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?664390-Bullroarer-Update-22-2-(Build-4)-Preview-and-General-Feedback&p=7839582#post7839582

This is what happens when an entire gaming studio spends their entire day getting high, instead of reading the news.

They apparently never got the memo that EA, one of the largest and most "successful" gaming studios, nearly collapsed per the lootbox controversy.

OR they thought  their fanbase were such gormless idiots (they are), that this would just fly under the radar without controversy.

Meanwhile, Beornings still aren't finished, after how many years?  But the idiots who call the shots have plenty of time and resources to teach children to gamble...

EDIT: SSG have "heard" the community and are removing the lootbox horse.  I think someone probably sent them a link to the Battlefront 2 scandal, which they seemingly knew nothing about...

Maybe they did it on purpose, so now they can say "look, we listen to our customers" and in the unexpected situation that there wasn't an outrage, they could cash. So a sort of win-win situation ;)

1 hour ago, Thrabath said:

Maybe they did it on purpose, so now they can say "look, we listen to our customers" and in the unexpected situation that there wasn't an outrage, they could cash. So a sort of win-win situation ;)

I think they've added a few new hires for store-related things recently.

It could also be a case of the new people thinking that putting those meta deed mounts in the box was a really good money-making idea, and either they ignored anyone else telling them that it was actually a very  bad idea, or the vets decided to let them experience the player backlash first-hand.

So SSG cluelessness and/or malice could be motives too.  

There's only one reason I'm glad they overturned it: now people will think causing a ruckus on the forums will actually do something. I can only hope it turns into a cage match over there, with people shouting about all the things they want reversed. I might have to dust off one of my old troll accounts just to spam about Trait Trees needing to be overturned.

You know what's totally ironic?

LOTRO's revamped trait trees were an obvious ripoff of World of Warcraft.

Yet today, World of Warcraft's talent trees are FAR more akin to LOTRO's original trait system (less choice bloat, less impact on overall gameplay, less of a pain in the ass to retrait, less pigeonholing into a single cookie cutter spec).

It's like LOTRO's devs' mantra is "What is actually working for the world's biggest MMO?  Ok, then let's do the exact opposite, and expect results similar to the proven leader in the industry".

MORONS.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:22 AM, Doro said:

There's only one reason I'm glad they overturned it: now people will think causing a ruckus on the forums will actually do something. I can only hope it turns into a cage match over there, with people shouting about all the things they want reversed. I might have to dust off one of my old troll accounts just to spam about Trait Trees needing to be overturned.

There's actually legitimate reason for the trait trees to go.

Especially if you cite using all the content to Make LotRO Great Again.  And then start spamming #MLGA  all over the forums.