LOTROCommunity
Agra

Serverpopulation

Seems easier for anyone to just add up the other percents to check Landroval, instead of making a whole new image.

Zeitraum: 20.04. - 26.04.2014 23:59

EU-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 256):

Logins EU-LOTRO

US-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 252):

Logins US-LOTRO

An Brandywine erkennt man sehr schön die Migration der russischen LOTRO-Spieler. Siehe auch:

https://twitter.com/BrandywineFred/status/592557766985830401

Agra, does this snapshot:

Brandywine 24%

give representation to the new Russian players on Brandywine, or will that show next week?

Agra, does this snapshot:

proportion-pie-us.png

give representation to the new Russian players on Brandywine, or will that show next week?

Those proportions include players from Russia who have recently chosen to play on Brandywine.

So are we keeping track to predict the new Merger/Move?

Is this what we are basing our guesses off?

If only 4 servers are over 5% numbers. how do you choose the last server to keep open?

Can you calculate the 5% servers to decimals? to see which of those ranks higher?

aha, last week Brandywine represented 24% of North Americas server population, this week: 29%

proportion-pie-us.png

also interesting that now 4 servers in NA sit at 3%.

so as i suspected, the Russian surge would take a week to register.
lotro-population-brandywine.png

still off that initial concurrency bump by roughly 200 players.

So are we keeping track to predict the new Merger/Move?

Is this what we are basing our guesses off?

If only 4 servers are over 5% numbers. how do you choose the last server to keep open?

Can you calculate the 5% servers to decimals? to see which of those ranks higher?

There may be other considerations besides which servers had the most logins recently. For example, the servers that have been in service the longest also have the largest amount of junk data in their databases from trial and F2P players.

If the transfer process really can be done smoothly, I wouldn't mind if they closed ALL the current servers and opened 5 brand new ones for active players to transfer to.

Do these numbers count account log-ins or does it count each time someone switches characters in one account? Sorry if someone already asked that question.

Do these numbers count account log-ins or does it count each time someone switches characters in one account? Sorry if someone already asked that question.

It counts someone choosed a server in launcher. It do NOT count if you switch a character on the same account AND on the same server.
  • Upvote 1

If the transfer process really can be done smoothly, I wouldn't mind if they closed ALL the current servers and opened 5 brand new ones for active players to transfer to.

the more i think about it, the more i find this appealing.  would really make the most sense.

North America down from 15 to 5 brand new servers plus Bullroarer.

Europe down from 15 to 6(or 7) as well.  and make everyone transfer.  fresh start.

would certainly go miles in the way of reducing the total footprint from inactive accounts.

NEW:

1.) French (generic all-purpose)

2.) French (roll play)

3.) German (generic all-purpose)

4.) German (roll play)

5.) English (generic all-purpose)

6.) English (roll play)

7) EU (PvMP) (ENG - FR - DE & RU)

8.) North American (roll play)

9.) North American (Oceanic)

10.) North American (PvMP)

11.) North American (generic all-purpose)

12.) North American (generic all-purpose)

13.) Bullroarer (Beta)

I would drop the whole 'RP' separation entirely.

5 servers per side of the pond and even that may be stretching it, but fine - let's expect 'the great influx of new players'.

While those all sound like great ideas, I imagine the thing most likely to happen will be whatever takes the least amount of money and effort. 

Its freakin 2015. Why are the servers isolated?

Its not like they're working from a home-grown architecture that evolved from a school project in the 90s, right?

oh.

I would drop the whole 'RP' separation entirely.

5 servers per side of the pond and even that may be stretching it, but fine - let's expect 'the great influx of new players'.

i personally don't see a need for seperate servers for anything other than region...  and given that there will be 2 global data centers, that is just 2 distinct region seperations.  i would also perfer megaserver architecture, for a grand total of 2 servers, one for each side of the pond.

but LoTRO has never been designed with the structural backbones to support this.  the foundational file structures in the game client & engine that are the heart of ALL Turbine products weren't designed with these concepts in mind.

hacking these systems, yet again, to get some make-shift functionality; will be plagued with problems and fall short of the mark... par for the course.

and if you are going to have multiple servers, i guess giving them distinctions helps people pretend their server is unique in some way that is different from the others.  having been on all (English speaking) servers; i personally find these folk self delluded...  good luck making that point.  ;)

a game-playstyle has people to support its activity, or it doesn't.  and that "thing" is either player supported and thriving, or sustaining at some level of exsistance...  or it lacks the player support & is going through a stage of attrition on the road to death.

quarantining, segregating, gating or isolating communities...  the whole premise isn't to support a "thing" but rather to avoid "other things"... which is flawed at its core.

but this is an old company, using old structures...   as much as i might want one EU and one NA megaserver...  i can't see it happening with this incarnation of a Tolkien themed MMO.

While those all sound like great ideas, I imagine the thing most likely to happen will be whatever takes the least amount of money and effort. 

Warner can greenlight what supports the future plans for the company.  to a degree, that is exactly what has happened.

i beleive Warner intends to build its own Gaming Network (http://community.wbgames.com/) to compete with the likes of STEAM & GoG... or more specifically to have a platform where it can collect 100% of the funds earned from games on that network.  a future where cross networking all their franchises can draw customers to use the service, with promotions to support such.

i beleive the store changes for Lotro, are future designed with that conversion in mind.

i beleive that the only thing holding up these plans is formal agreements over the liscence with Lotro, or more specifically, the overarching merchandizing limitations that are being renegotiated.

devolpment of LoTRO itself, yeah cheap as can be mustered.  but all these new moves are outside the scope of individual games & are transpiring on ALL of Turbines games...  or games that fall under other development houses under Warners corporate umbrella.

so it really is a matter of catagories.  & all the new restructuring, is not specific to the single LoTRO product, but rather overarching to ALL Warner franchises.

so for LoTRO specifically, the money is limited to fumes.  i agree there.  but with regard to the bigger picture, Warner has the funds to deploy, "IF" it falls in line with coporate directives.  i find it reasonable to beleive, that these moves, do.

Its freakin 2015. Why are the servers isolated?

Its not like they're working from a home-grown architecture that evolved from a school project in the 90s, right?

oh.

indeed, same core structures since the 90's that were in the original Ashrons Call.

and the countless examples of what a clusterfuck that state is...  i won't go to draigoch or mounted combat this time...  just look at the mess that is in game sound.  & that has been an issue since the inception of the game... only most folk haven't noticed it until more recent times as the game grew and the problems multiplied with that growth.

Zeitraum: 25.05. - 31.05.2014 23:59

EU-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 261):

Logins EU-LOTRO

US-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 257):

Logins US-LOTRO

Edited by Agra