LOTROCommunity
Godomir

So now...what about pings?

We're talking about pings here, don't drag the other stuff into this thread. :P 150ms sounds pretty doable to me, lag spikes are not. Lag spikes shouldn't be the norm at all. My average ms is between 120 and 130.

I'm on MueR with this one. Playing last night will a fellowship used to having ~25ms ping and people just would not stop complaining. The game feels sluggish and it's damn annoying. Almost as annoying as all those people telling others they will get used to it.

It sucks and it's a degradation of perceived quality for ALOT of people.

I tried with a paid (QoS) transatlantic link which improved the link a bit (10-10-60-10-10) to (10-10-40-10-10) but its still 80ms compared to the 20ms I am used too... And I hate it.

150ms is slow enough that plenty of people are quick enough for it to be interfering with their reaction time. I haven't yet raided on the Turbine servers. With any luck, I will be doing so this weekend; that'll be the true test. If I can no longer do my own job whilst leading a raid, that'll pretty much be game over for me.

Been playing this week pretty intensively and after a while I must admit I don't really feel the glue as I described it earlier anymore. Might be cos I am accustomed to the pace now, don't know.

Increase in latency is the same for about everyone. Lag spikes as described above are different per player and I personally haven't really felt a spike just yet (did loads of 3 and 6man instances now as well as some ettens).

I'm happy with the increase of the opening of the LOTRO store, as I often misclick on the LI-window (on the 8th slot instead of the cross) and now my screen isn't locked for 2 seconds like it used to do.

Further than did I am asthonished how easy (read: a walk in the park) SG has become. Went in there today with 2 first-timers and by all means no great players and Gorothul dropped like a fly. No need for FH or TS by the minstrel. Really sad. Is this purely due to the removal of radiance?

+100 than before means ~180 for me, even higher on weekends.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if I was playing, but after trying to complete the new skirmishes just for the fun of it and dying 3 times every time 'cause of lag spikes, I have to admit that any serious raiding looks like Mordor to me...