LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Thorebane

So what do you think to the new instences and skirmishs ? :D

Well title says it all ? what do you think :D ?

I've played all 4 new things about 3 times already now haha :D!

Just need to get 3 more of the campaign marks and I've finished my champion ( minus first age sword )

The inn of the forsaken is really good, I love how certain parts require and specific class to open as it gives it more variety to groups. The Halls of night is fast and simple :). Panic was a bit annoying at first but then soon got him sorted.

Only thing I still haven't been able to do is find where the 4th page is in inn of the forsaken... we think it's in a room that's got two doors but there's no switch or anything to open them :/ Currently unknown how to get :P

Overall thoughts are they're quick fun and enjoyable :)

I love the Inn instance because instead of the usual smash and bash with very little thought content of lotro, this actually makes you think through puzzles to get to where you need to be - not to mention you have to watch where you walk

two thumbs up for this instance!

(new look for the free people's steed of angmar is awesome too!)

the two new skirmishes... have tried both and prefer Dol Dinen skirmish personally

haven't tried angmar yet but I heard it can be tough especially with the visuals

I have a question regarding the new instances.

Since for now i cannot make the payment for VIP via Pay by Cash as they do not support European countries (yet)i was wondering if those new instances are available for Premiums or do i have to buy SoA questpacks or any other packs to play them? Anyone know?

I think you'll have to buy them in the store yes. Not sure which pack though.

Haven't seen them yet. I only logged on briefly to check that my characters were all present and correct.

Been busy exploring Turbines site...not seen it before...little things and little minds I guess :P

I haven't tried the new instances yet but I tried the 2 new skirmishes. I got through them with no deaths but they were both more challanging than the existing ones I think, I imagine they could get difficult when trying the group versions. The DD one is very quick and could be a good way to farm some fast skirmish marks.

I have a question regarding the new instances.

Since for now i cannot make the payment for VIP via Pay by Cash as they do not support European countries (yet)i was wondering if those new instances are available for Premiums or do i have to buy SoA questpacks or any other packs to play them? Anyone know?

To answer - As your not VIP you'll have to buy them in store. They don't come with any quest packs it's standalone skirmish... I think

on another note eww pay by cash haha.

You can still use debit card - which is the credit card part.

on another note eww pay by cash haha.

I don't understand this so maybe you can explain. Pay by cash worked fine for me with CM.

Anyway my card that is not working anywhere on the internet worked so i resubbed to the game fine.

I don't understand this so maybe you can explain. Pay by cash worked fine for me with CM.

Anyway my card that is not working anywhere on the internet worked so i resubbed to the game fine.

I live in the UK and apparently UK banks don't support pay by cash without paying what amount it is to the bank to do the bank transfer.

My brother wanted some in game points before so he gave me the money ( £40 ) to buy them. I went to the bank and they said although would in the end be able to do this bank transfer it'd cost £38.99 just to do the transfer so it would of been nearly £80 just for points when if using paypal or debit it'd cost just the normal £40.

I have played one of the skirmishes and it was very challenging (the forochel one).

I am not so fond of the Forsaken Inn instance. This is yet another instances that you can't run on your own pace. if you want the challenge you have to kill and do everything. This includes all the bonepiles at the boss, which only trigger after a certain amount of time. Very annoying.

And then the totally fun part is that you can do the instance at lvl 20 and get the same reward (forsaken Inn token) in less than 10 minutes. This will result in the instance only being done once for deeds and then never again on level. If you want people to play instances like they are supposed too, let the loot drop in the instance, not bought at a vendor. really disappointed there.

Not been to the halls of night yet.

Have done both new 3 mans on T1 at Level 65, it was fun but not hugely rewarding to be honest, also in The Inn of the Foresaken got stuck in combat had to leave to come back in to loot the last chest.

So last night I set the levels down to 20 and 40 and soloed them both on the Guardian. Hall of Night was just kill everything, was in overpower all the way through and as much as you were able I ignored the adds and killed the bosses. I did get a HoN mark though so doing this a few dayus will get the instance marks you need but of course little or no Skirmish Marks

Inn of the Foresaken was ok, a bit different could not find any trap mechanisms for the Guardian so had to run through the gauntlet of swinging stuff! Survived it and killed all inc the last boss but was again stuck in combat so could not loot the chest, so no Mark chance.

Some of the loot available from the Classic Skirmish Vendor is quite good and potentially upgrades for a rounder build so worth the effort I feel

Will have another go this week

ReD

KOFACME

Have done both new 3 mans on T1 at Level 65, it was fun but not hugely rewarding to be honest, also in The Inn of the Foresaken got stuck in combat had to leave to come back in to loot the last chest.

So last night I set the levels down to 20 and 40 and soloed them both on the Guardian. Hall of Night was just kill everything, was in overpower all the way through and as much as you were able I ignored the adds and killed the bosses. I did get a HoN mark though so doing this a few dayus will get the instance marks you need but of course little or no Skirmish Marks

Inn of the Foresaken was ok, a bit different could not find any trap mechanisms for the Guardian so had to run through the gauntlet of swinging stuff! Survived it and killed all inc the last boss but was again stuck in combat so could not loot the chest, so no Mark chance.

Some of the loot available from the Classic Skirmish Vendor is quite good and potentially upgrades for a rounder build so worth the effort I feel

Will have another go this week

ReD

KOFACME

The forsaken inn solo with heavy and get the mark is easy :) Do it level 20 like you've been doing then when you've killed the last boss you'll be stuck in combat. Just invite a friend to come in then you leave and come in again and there's that path that open's to the boss so you will get the mark and your friend will get a free one aswell :) done it with kin and now got over 40 marks ! :O!

Erm... probably a stupid question, but which "last boss"? :)

We did Forsaken Inn once on level at Tier 1 so far. We had a blast, but the only "boss" we found was that guy on the ship. After completing the fight and speaking to the NPC, we were exited from the instance and stood in front of Anlaf. Up to this encounter we only had bone piles and other trash mobs. Did we miss a turn somewhere?

Erm... probably a stupid question, but which "last boss"? :)

We did Forsaken Inn once on level at Tier 1 so far. We had a blast, but the only "boss" we found was that guy on the ship. After completing the fight and speaking to the NPC, we were exited from the instance and stood in front of Anlaf. Up to this encounter we only had bone piles and other trash mobs. Did we miss a turn somewhere?

On tier 2 once you beat the what's it named guy as you try to walk of the boat the plank of wood falls into the water and you fight the spirit of the necklace :) even on level 20 tier 2 if you do him you get the mark :) possibly 2 ! :D

For Forsaken Inn the last boss as I call it is the guy on the ship, I refer to him that way as he is at the end of the instance, there are no other bosses as you say.

Re Thorebane you are right that is a way of being able to loot the chest, just so annoying to be stuck in combat!

Did you also just run through the gauntlet without being able to stop the traps?

ReD

KOFACME

Did both of these again last night at Tier 1 Solo.

Got a mark for Hall of Night from Terror only and no mark at all from The Inn

Perhaps the Inn only gives them for Tier 2?

I did manage to stay out of combat this time, was just able to take out a bone pile with my bow (one of those that lie along the gauntlet), not sure how classes with no range DPS will do this solo though.

I did note the rewards from Hall of Night are Bind on Equip so are sellable/tradable and the lost pages are also the same

ReD

KOFACME

Perhaps the Inn only gives them for Tier 2?

Jep, confirmed. The mark only drops in the right chest, which is the T2-Chest.

not sure how classes with no range DPS will do this solo though.

You know the secret passage in the room with the first page of the diary? Or do you mean the gauntlet before the road of sarcophagi?

"no range DPS" mean which classes when you play it on Lvl20?

I've played all 4. I doubt I'll play them again unless close friends need me.

I spent the first day grinding HoN with a group. The instance didn't drop enough skirm marks by the time I had about 5 HoN marks so I had to skirm afterwards (what sort of stupid instance requires you to do another inst/skirm just to get rewards in a viable way?). I decided to just do it solo and do skirms after to make up the marks. The instance is tedious and nothing new.

Will just do enough of Inn of the Forsaken to get the Guilded Inkwell. The only decent part of that was when you fall in the river. Traps and mechanisms were alright but mostly just irritating.

Decided to get skirm marks through the new skirms to hopefully have a bit of a change. Both were pretty much the same as any other skirm so they will get boring very fast for people who used to grind for a top soldier before they made them useless.

There is a pretty big downside for AaD in that if you don't have anon on you will get spammed by low levels who are questing in Dol Dinnen and think you're there to help them when they see a high level with 'Dol Dinnen' next to their name.

Nothing to write home about, really.

have only played Halls of Night so far, did it solo L40 on guardian and with a kinmate a couple of times, it was interesting to see that we only ever got marks from Terror's chest, not the main boss chest.

Tried it L65 T2 (in a group, of course), and didn't quite get Nightmare down (managed the other two after numerous wipes and two trips out to repair), probably would have been do-able on T1, but overall, quite a fun instance.

You know the secret passage in the room with the first page of the diary? Or do you mean the gauntlet before the road of sarcophagi?

"no range DPS" mean which classes when you play it on Lvl20?

Thanks for the clarification on the Inn mark, yes I meant the gauntlet before the rows of Sarcophagi, the bones piles all activate so if you dont kill them, adds will always spawn and get stuck in there and poss keep you in combat (My theory)

I just run my guard through it after taking out the 1st two bonepiles with my bow and take the 4K damage the roating blades give you till I get to the other side.

ReD

KOFACME

Re Thorebane you are right that is a way of being able to loot the chest, just so annoying to be stuck in combat!

Did you also just run through the gauntlet without being able to stop the traps?

ReD

KOFACME

Yeah annonying and as you said =

the bones piles all activate so if you dont kill them, adds will always spawn and get stuck in there and poss keep you in combat (My theory)

Yeah that's why I think you get stuck in combat aswell :/

Another thing

Do you just run through the blades

Erm pretty much haha, I try to do it so I don't get hit as much on the stone tile ones but usually I'll just get half way then activate sprint on my champ and run the rest just taking the damage.

Final thing.

This is not true, I ran IoF just after I had read this twice in tier 1. Second time I got one mark from the left chest also Tier 2 whenever I've completed it; only had 1 mark and it's always been in the left chest for me. Maybe it's just completely random :)

Thanks for the clarification on the Inn mark, yes I meant the gauntlet before the rows of Sarcophagi, the bones piles all activate so if you dont kill them, adds will always spawn and get stuck in there and poss keep you in combat (My theory)

I just run my guard through it after taking out the 1st two bonepiles with my bow and take the 4K damage the roating blades give you till I get to the other side.

ReD

KOFACME

Dunno for the second pile, but you can stand ON the first bone pile in the gauntlet, and you won't be hurt by the blades. Same for the third.

This is not true, I ran IoF just after I had read this twice in tier 1. Second time I got one mark from the left chest also Tier 2 whenever I've completed it; only had 1 mark and it's always been in the left chest for me. Maybe it's just completely random :)

Mhm, okay. Did this almost 20 times on tier 1, didn't got any marks in the left chest. So i was assuming, you only get marks on tier 2 in the right chest :)