LOTROCommunity
nimlith

The Art Thread

We don't have an art thread on this forum yet!

So please, post your (LOTRO-related or not) art here!

I'll start with a doodle from last week:

twotrees_la.jpg

The two trees.

-Nimlith

• Upvote 1

I've already suggested to Rhy... sorry, MueR (we're the RaidsRUs leaders, so we have multiple channels of discussion) a pin of guidelines for the Bird & Baby, which includes a mention of it being the place for art (if it's world / game related), so don't be surprised if the thread moves (and if you do, Rhy, you can delete this post to de-clutter it!). It should stop you getting buried. I imagine Rhy saw the requests on CM Laurelin for an RP forum, which is why he's created B&B. That, and the fact that we have The Dented Tankard on the Alliance forum... ;)

As to photo's, photo's are art these days, aren't they? So long as it's game related, I can't see any reason to object, myself (although I detect a hint of *cough* concrete post there... ;)).

I live in London :) find me something that isn't concrete! That post is part of the remains of the fence, just behind the bird feeder. Sort of intentionally placed so animals/birds have somewhere they stop and pause before jumping up to the bird table - giving me a chance to get photos of them.

Very cute. But where's the elf ears! It can't be LOTRO art without elf ears :N

(ok so sue me, old injoke from Elfwood days :P )

I've never understood the attraction of that painting. It's a plain women with weird eyes to me. And look at that nose :O

I've never understood the attraction of that painting. It's a plain women with weird eyes to me. And look at that nose :O

I completely agree. Plain, nothing too fancy, dull colors... Leo should be grateful he didn't live on internet times.

Standards change. Skinny women aren't popular in cultures where famine is an occasional reality. Sun tans only became "fashionable" in the 1920's when Coco Chanel got sunburnt (accidentally!). Before that, tanned skin was a lower class affliction (you were outside doing manual labour) that the "higher" classes would try to avoid. Standards change.

Yeh, I've always found it rather amazing that the most famous and well known painting in all of history (really, the iconic representation of "art") would be an unfinished work. The background is merely blocked in and she doesn't even have any eyebrows. Still, that hint of a smile...

Edit: By the by, just to get back on topic, this is a great thread. Some really nice artwork here. Can't wait to see more.

Ah, more! Ey? Which should mean: Aaah so nice, more please, okay? Nice work Amorey. d;)b

*blush a little*

Thank You for the kind words _O_

It's a TOAD!

rupikonna.jpg

Took this photo a few years ago when i was living near a wet, swampy area where these creatures apparently had plenty of bugs to eat so they bloated to these huge sizes. Only saw one of these around there though and luckily i had a camera along with me when i spotted it :Y

I haven't drawn anything in ages, this one is from months ago but hey I want to contribute :P

That's a very cool drawing! What tools did you use? Software like Painter, or actual paper?

I haven't done any drawing in years (sniff). I'm slowly trying to work on it but find it hard to take the time. But I started taking my sketch book with me, whenever I go to an Irish pub or beergarden. :)

Anyway... something I did a while ago:

RuCy_01-1.gif

Mostly I do classic painting with a preference towards human body, but I am afraid what I have currently on pc do not fit for the under aged who probably roaming this place.

I used to play for a while with DAZ Studio as a method to study light and do complex photo-like pictures :

ok got it :)

file_1309422.jpg

A Render created by my wife with Poser.

tom_bert_and_bill.jpg

duin.jpg

This lil' elfy popped up in my sketchbook the other day and demanded to be made into yet another alt. My muse is trying to kill me 7(8)7