LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Silirien

Half A Year (Minimum) To Complete A Deed?

You know you don't have to finish this deed (at least, i've seen a dev confirm it wasn't neccessary) to complete the OD-Meta-Deed?

I think it's a fun deed they added, and yeah, not very easy to get, but at least not such as a stupid grind as "Kill 20k rats, standing on your head, while doing *insert random emote*".

And yeah, i'm also a deed completionist (and was a horse collector till couple of weeks ago) so in that way, this deed isn't very nice, but the idea is better then most stupid grind ideas they have.

It's pretty obvious that Turbine is making money from the new players and those that are leveling, not the end game players, a lot of whom are lifetimers I might add.

Any grinding, including those that you mention in this thread, is the best way to give something to the end gamers to keep themselves occupied, while they revamp Evendim, Trollshaws, North Downs, they introduce another class and/or a new starting area in Rohan. That's where the money is.

The truth is that Grinds are lazy and more importantly cheap game design.

Minimum effort from designers and developers, maximum time return from players.

Which combined with the new Lord Of The Stores "pay to win" approach means more money.

All The Best

this was gold!

While the removal of radiance did in some ways help the casual kins get back into raiding, the medallion system hasn't exactly helped them to get the new sets. Our kin has always raided and cleared content except for BG (which we stopped doing after the twins as people just hated the raid) but as a reasonably small kin we rely on people using alts quite often to balance raid groups. I am quite a regular raider but although I play LM as main I spend at least 50% of my time raiding and grouping on Captain or Minstrel. I quite like both the LM and Minstrel sets but the chances of getting them any time in the near future are fairly minimal. I was quite happy with the old win one coin, get the armour piece, especially for Tier 2 which is reasonably challenging anyway.