LOTROCommunity

I'll be going for the base pack - just the quests and areas and that nice nice 25% xp boost will be enough for me. I'll try and get it when I get home as I just tried and it crashed on me at the point where I was redirected to paypals site.

Edit - just tried again and same problem - seemingly it might not be just me - something is going kooky if you want to pay by paypal.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heroic edition sounds like the best to me - I already have all the quest packs from the Legendary edition and I'm not that bothered about horses.

@cossie, did you get the 1000TP immediately?

/edit: oh, I just noticed the price differences. Nice increase, even after adding 20% VAT. I guess Turbine charges us for the currency exchange, too. }:|

with CC you can pay in $ (which I just did, €20 more to spend for BEER - actually, two beers on the Oktoberfest this year, where 1l will cost €9.20)

2x legendary edition for me... I want all of the colours :D

with CC you can pay in $ (which I just did, €20 more to spend for BEER - actually, two beers on the Oktoberfest this year, where 1l will cost €9.20)

2x legendary edition for me... I want all of the colours :D

Hehe. I would love all three colours as well (they're not just different colours, but different patterns as well), but here's where my doubt starts to niggle: what if Turbine decides to put all those cosmetics and mounts in the store one day?

Heroic edition sounds like the best to me - I already have all the quest packs from the Legendary edition and I'm not that bothered about horses.

@cossie, did you get the 1000TP immediately?

Logged and had all the items, mount and points. I did say an my account page it may take upto 1 hour for things to arrive.

Logged and had all the items, mount and points. I did say an my account page it may take upto 1 hour for things to arrive.

Did you log into your account first, or did you go directly from that RoI page?

Hehe. I would love all three colours as well (they're not just different colours, but different patterns as well), but here's where my doubt starts to niggle: what if Turbine decides to put all those cosmetics and mounts in the store one day?

then everyone can buy them for ~1495TP each - so what? ;)

if you purchase now, you can use em now. if you don't, you have to wait till probably december2011 :)

Did you log into your account first, or did you go directly from that RoI page?

I upgraded then logged in. If you were in game when you upgraded then it might be worth logging out if you havent got anything yet

I upgraded then logged in. If you were in game when you upgraded then it might be worth logging out if you havent got anything yet

Did you get the expansion from that RoI page? I can't seem to find any way of adding it to my account from the account management page.

This is an account which the firm Turbine is using to distribute the game from

Thanks. Found it on the LotRO forums. Not everyone was clear with this, apparently. A bit shoddy on Turbine's part.

Anyone else find the announcement slightly underwhelming? 3 new regions, 10 more levels and 1 new 24 man raid (the current one is so popular?!) seems like quite a light expansion for the money and in comparison to Moria. Hopefully there is more that they are holding back but it would be strange not advertise every new feature when you are already trying to sell the product.

with CC you can pay in $

Ohhh, don't tempt me! *glances at legendary editions*

Heard some tourists count their beers somewhat differently. As they're double pint and extra strong they argued that they had eight, not just two. :+

Not to mention that when the store came out we were told that we could use Points to BUY any future expansions

This is obviously NOT the case.

Although I would assume that this is just a pre-emptive strike on Turbines' part, to get you to part with MORE cash

The Legendary Pack sounds great, but for a Lifer/VIP it is not worth it, as you already have access to the BONUS quest packs

It will probably be available as a Store purchase AFTER it goes live and without the extra goodies... and probably the same equivalent price in Points

Not to mention that when the store came out we were told that we could use Points to BUY any future expansions

This is obviously NOT the case.

Not yet. I'm sure it can be purchased, using turbine points ... but only after it is released.

Think I'll wait. Maybe GW2 will have a release date in a couple of months. And as a lifer with little interest in the store, it'll be Base edition for sure...

Shame you can't preorder it from the store. All this time I've saved my points and it seems like a waste. £25 for the heroic pack seems alright, considering you get £10 worth of points with it and that makes it cheaper than the basic at £18.

Shame you can't preorder it from the store. All this time I've saved my points and it seems like a waste. £25 for the heroic pack seems alright, considering you get £10 worth of points with it and that makes it cheaper than the basic at £18.

Scratch my last post. They up the cost of the £25 heroic to £30 and the £18 basic to £23. Still saving money compared to buying TP + Basic but that's a stupid amount for a tiny expansion. I spent £20 on Moria and £15 on Mirkwood, I'm not going to spend more than I did for Moria.