LOTROCommunity

Pick the US flag if you're going to preorder. Pay in dollars. That'll save a whole lot. The most expensive pre-order (39,99 GBP) is 50 USD = 30,50 GBP at the current rates.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I see my unlock code? Its not on the confirmation page. I've paid with paypal btw

My code was in white letters on a white background. I had to highlight it by left-mouse button holding and dragging the cursor over it. I'm not sure if this was deliberate or a simple html error. Anyway, you should also get the code in a confirmation e-mail from Digital River.

Pick the US flag if you're going to preorder. Pay in dollars. That'll save a whole lot. The most expensive pre-order (39,99 GBP) is 50 USD = 30,50 GBP at the current rates.

Don't you have to have USD to pay for that? Or does it auto-change to dollars when you pay with a debit card, regardless if your bank is full of GBP? :P

I might be all wrong here (hope so) but was there some sanction for trying to pay in USD if you were not in US? Again, I might remember another game, something about switching region and paying in different currency to save a few bucks.

Didn't give me a choice of currency. I opted for Paypal and it made the decision to pay in USD for me.

Only issue I have now is with Turbine's accounts server - can't cope with the load any better now than it did during the migration. I now have two codes sitting around waiting for an opportunity to be used.

My code was in white letters on a white background. I had to highlight it by left-mouse button holding and dragging the cursor over it. I'm not sure if this was deliberate or a simple html error. Anyway, you should also get the code in a confirmation e-mail from Digital River.

Found it, thanks! :)

Don't you have to have USD to pay for that? Or does it auto-change to dollars when you pay with a debit card, regardless if your bank is full of GBP? :P

Have you checked lately, if your bank is still truly full of GBP? ;)

That depends on the bank service you have. When I used my CC to pay in Icelandic Krona I got charged a 2% currency exchange fee by mine. Which would still be a lot cheaper than what Turbine adds to their Dollar price. :)

Seems an expensive expansion. How long does the offer last?

I didn't buy mom/som at release. I assume that they had similar pre-order offers at the time. For the people who bought that then: Do you still use the extra stuff that you got? Was it or something very similar made available in the shop afterwards for less money?

Seems an expensive expansion. How long does the offer last?

I guess until a few days before release.

I didn't buy mom/som at release. I assume that they had similar pre-order offers at the time. For the people who bought that then: Do you still use the extra stuff that you got? Was it or something very similar made available in the shop afterwards for less money?

I believe all we got back then were a hauberk (Hauberk of the Mithril Guard), which I have slotted on one character, and a few cosmetic cloaks, which weren't very good looking in my opinion. There was no store back then and I doubt they would sell.

Pre-orders got several Moria tokens, compared to just one. Some was for stuff only useful at early levels. I did like the fluff items like pesky mouse and song bird for the housing. :)

I bet the mounts and outfits will go into store some months later. But probably at a worse price than the full package you can get now.

"Pre-Purchase between 6/6/11 - 9/26/11 to receive the following in-game bonuses and items"

So yes, sounds like pre-order will run until the day before release.

Testing is something of the past decade. These days, you just call it beta, so that you can get away with having an intern build it and ship it.

To name one, yes. It's an unfortunate trend which has caused a whole bunch of crap software to be released way before it ever should. Google does beta software, but they have a working product which might contain an error or two that they couldn't find while testing. A lot of others release a beta where they fixed the most obvious breaking errors. That's not a beta, that's building an alpha.

My pet hate is companies that release software in beta and then leave it in beta for years, in some cases wit hno real intention of removing it from beta. It to 2 years to take Farmville out of beta that is just taking the piss out of people

Yeap, some companies use customers as free "beta" testers. Actually some car companies do it aswell, to a lesser degree.

Car companies don't. They unintentionally have flaws in their product. A car company risks being banned from public roads if they intentionally leave flaws in. Safety is a big thing in transport.

Car companies don't. They unintentionally have flaws in their product. A car company risks being banned from public roads if they intentionally leave flaws in. Safety is a big thing in transport.

I didn't mean any major defaults. More in the lines of "right side front seat control switch may need replacing." Vehicle inspection companies for one keep lists of common defects by model. Mercedez Benz A model is an example of quick recovery of a problem that was revealed after first cars were out.

"The W168 became infamous in 1997 after flipping over during the traditional "moose test" performed by the Swedish automobile publication Teknikens Värld. According to the report, the W168 overturned when maneuvering to avoid the "moose". Mercedes initially denied the problem, but then took the surprising step of recalling all units sold to date (2,600) and suspending distribution until the problem was solved by adding electronic stability control and modifying the suspension."

:F

Being the pedant I am I was rather annoyed to see that my country had been listed as Great Britain.

Great Britain is NOT a country.. the United Kingdom is.

Great Britain is just the largest island in the geographical group known as the British Isles, and includes England, Scotland & Wales.

The United Kingdom is the country that includes Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and most of the numerous assorted islands in the seas around Great Britain.

:F

*and breath*

there... got that off my chest.. now to go see my new horses. :Y

It's already worse, you guys are derailing this thread with senseless British whining. :P

In the meantime I'm still trying to decide whether I want to pay $50 (assuming I can pay in Dollars) for some cosmetics and stuff. If I weren't a lifer already, this would have been a pretty nifty deal. I've preordered Moria and Mirkwood without question. This is the first time I'm actually having to think about it.