LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Valandir

Preorder Cosmetic Outfits and Mounts

Nice, thanks for that!

If only you were a hobbit :)

Think white or green for me, although still not sure which...

Are they dyeable btw? Long shot i know, but useful to know.

Ohhh, nice horsies!

Thanks for the screenshots. :)

Think white or green for me, although still not sure which...

Are they dyeable btw? Long shot i know, but useful to know.

Which is probably why only the red outfit is available for the most basic version, hah.

And no, they're not dyeable.

Hmm... I might become the undyeing Undo!

Thanks for the pre-order (pre)view! I actually like these. Definitely green for me (the lore and all).

The Traveller's Hood (store cosmetic) dyed grey looks very nice with the green outfit. My hunter likes it.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Are the stats on the horse the same as standard horse? Those outfits look nicer than most current outfits. Do they move nicely? How does the cloth move when you ride the horse? Does it all look natural? I'd love to see a video of the outits while running and while riding those horses.

Which is probably why only the red outfit is available for the most basic version, hah.

And no, they're not dyeable.

The red one looks nice too.

While walking or running, the cloak moves nice at the shoulders (or at least I think so). Haven't done any extensive testing mind you.

Some more screenshots of the green outfit: http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/eorlingas-horseman/

It's not dye-able. Does that mean that in a few weeks everyone in middle earth will be wearing the same three outfits?

they already do. at the bank in the 21th hall tonight there where a few seconds when _all_ of the players wear those three outfits 7(8)7

Nope, my current character, a burglar, wouldn't be seen dead in red, green or (especially) white. Wish they'd offered black as an option...that would have been nice for a lot of characters out there.

Pity they made the exp boost item a pocket item...have to give up far too much in useful stats. Suppose it might be helpful if you're clearing your way through a bunch of trash mobs though...

Pity they made the exp boost item a pocket item...have to give up far too much in useful stats. Suppose it might be helpful if you're clearing your way through a bunch of trash mobs though...

Oh? That's not all bad, though. They should mention that on their info page. Quite a number of people complained in the past on how leveling was way too fast already. Getting another 25% boost may even put them off pre-ordering at all. A pocket item, with loss of other stats, may not be the best solution. But at least one gets to decide on using it or not. :)

they already do. at the bank in the 21th hall tonight there where a few seconds when _all_ of the players wear those three outfits 7(8)7

Haha, figures. And folks say Turbine doesn't release numbers. Just count those costumes to see how much they made in a single day. ;)

Pity they made the exp boost item a pocket item...have to give up far too much in useful stats.

Hm. We are talking about the leveling phase until 65. Do you really need optimization for this? You could easily survive in underpants, fighting with a kitchen knife ... and the exp from raids and instances is not needed to level up ...

I just have to ask, how fast does the levelling have to be? Using the +25% experience pocket item it will be even harder to finish all quests in one area without them turning grey on you.

The outfits actually look pretty good, horses too. Waiting to see them in motion. Anyone got screenshots of hobbits and dwarves in those outfits by the way?

I just have to ask, how fast does the levelling have to be? Using the +25% experience pocket item it will be even harder to finish all quests in one area without them turning grey on you.

They should rather add an insta-level. ;)

The XP bonus is still kept to mobs only, which were never the main source for leveling. So it's not such an incredible bonus. And one can refrain from using it, for a change. :)

The XP bonus is still kept to mobs only, which were never the main source for leveling. So it's not such an incredible bonus. And one can refrain from using it, for a change. :)

I think you're underestimating the amount of XP you get while killing mobs. My burglar is in trouble because I used stealth to avoid most combat, leaving me several levels short of new quests.

I had ordered the White outfit but instead got the green one, now Turbine has fixed this but the character I logged in on that got the green stuff has also been giving the white stuff including the mount. So 1 character go 2 sets of outfits and 2 mounts but just 1 cloak and the others just got 1 of everything

I had ordered the White outfit but instead got the green one, now Turbine has fixed this but the character I logged in on that got the green stuff has also been giving the white stuff including the mount. So 1 character go 2 sets of outfits and 2 mounts but just 1 cloak and the others just got 1 of everything

Maybe they won't take the wrong colour outfit away and you get off one set richer.

And about the exp item: Indeed the force is strong in this one. +25% exp is a huge pile of exp. Not sure if anyone has made any calculations about how much of exp comes from quests and deeds and how much from kills, but I'm sure a noticeable majority is from kills. Doesn't affect item exp though, which is good I suppose.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Are the stats on the horse the same as standard horse? Those outfits look nicer than most current outfits. Do they move nicely? How does the cloth move when you ride the horse? Does it all look natural? I'd love to see a video of the outits while running and while riding those horses.

The red one looks nice too.

it all looks very natural and the health of the horse is 200 - I have the red outfit on my tank and it looks really awesome when paired with the red blanketed horse

it all looks very natural and the health of the horse is 200 - I have the red outfit on my tank and it looks really awesome when paired with the red blanketed horse

White/red/green-clad horse of the gap? Speed +62%, health 100.

White/red/green-clad horse of the gap? Speed +62%, health 100.

That's what the tooltip says ... but the moraleinfo from the horse shows 200 and it was somewhere confirmed on the US forums that the tooltip is wrong.

Ah alright. It's the looks why people would use them anyway I think. Would be nice if all my characters had a horse instead of a dirty (well, dirty-ish) goat to ride for free. 60 morale for that one, so those 200 pts sound mighty sweet.

Would be soooo much cooler if we could have trappings/dyable blanket to put on our favorite horse. I'm not that fond of the blonde horse. Surely the Rohirm had some dark horses, lol!

Think you're all overlooking the most important question here.

How on earth does the horse gallop with a flamin' great carpet chucked over its back?

At least there's more junk on the horse than just a saddle (with no bit brittle or reins!), as there's a bundle of blankets or the like on the new horses. No saddlebags though, still lots of opportunities for mounts.