LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerwyn

Rise Of Isengard

I thought I'd do take the liberty of creating a ROI discussion thread here on the unofficial forums, seen as the CM forums no longer apply to us.

So do what we usually do, feel free to discuss any aspect of the ex-pac, be it cosmetics, mounts, regions, raids or anything =D

-Tiger(Wyn)

Makes me wonder.. how many MMO expansions were announced at E3 2011?

I've not heard of any. I don't know if MMORPG and others were given access to any additional content other than the trailer but it doesn't seem like much to base an award on.

There are only two game awards worth anything (GDCA and IGF). That's the game awards awarded by game developers, to game developers. All the other ones are simply "which is hyped most".

Heh. And with with my cynical hat on... Bet they don't make judgements about whether stuff is released shot full of bugs, under-developed, lacking content, since they are all doing exactly the same thing! })

Makes me wonder.. how many MMO expansions were announced at E3 2011?

Bit like those "Car of the Year" awards where the year in question hasn't even got past February and the car's not even for sale.

I find it really hilarious to give a E3 best MMO expansion reward when apart from announcement there is next to no real info about game. Not even a full feature list, no screenshots(just cosmetic items), no gameplay trailer.

Not saying RoI will be bad as I'm sure it'll be pretty awesome. But this kind of rewards are merely a paid advertisements.