LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Malindruil

MyLotro Hacked as well .........?

Trying to log in from work - earlier today I was getting the 500 error constantly. Now I can view the forums but it won't let me log in.

Using a highly customised IE8 at work (no way to change it - developed for the company I work for). Will try on Firefox when I get home later.

Hmm, had an auto update to Google Chrome and now Shockwave plug-in is crashing randomly too. Seems like Chrome might have done something in the latest update...

Google disabled 'Gears' before they bothered to come up with a usable replacement for it. Only reason I used Chrome in the first place was because it allowed offline use of gmail - useful on the laptop. Since that no longer works I swapped to Firefox. Google have really been messing things up recently.

I haven't been able to get my character data at all but I have only looked at it from work...we use IE8.

Maybe it will work at home...

From the lotro forums

"Looking into this for everyone.

If you guys can post any more information, such as what browser you're using, and when this problem started to occur, that would be helpful."

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402639-Problems-accessing-forums

Although not sure how you can post if you can't access

Found the solution

It is definitely a bug to do with the MIgration

I just created a new toon on Dwarrowdelf Server and now have FULL access to MyLotro,

New toon is showing in the Character List, but not my EU toons

Found the solution

It is definitely a bug to do with the MIgration

How does my getting a Server error 500 relate to migration though? I can see it in IE but not in Chrome

Hello Everyone,

I would like to also share, that since today morning I am unable to log in to either forums or mylotro.

I can review the forums as long as I do not try to log in. Then I just get mentioned by others - 500 internal server error in regards to the forums (forums.lotro.com) and "A system error has occurred, please try back again later" in case of mylotro.

There is a post on official forums, dedicated to this issue and as mentioned by Laur, we are asked to report details in it. The only problem is that without logging in, it is not possible to post there. I decided to send a ticket.

I am a bit of panic person ;) and was suddenly scared that my account got deleted, but fortunately all chars are ok :). Hope it gets resolved soon.

Kind regards!

Update - no go at work IE8; no go at home on either IE8, Firefox 4 or Chrome. Once I'd tried to log in with Chrome it wouldn't let me even view the pages afterwards.

I panic too - so changed my password as it's the same one used on the forums....

Hello again,

As an update to my previous post.

Just before a moment ago I decided to try this workaround posted by others - I have created the char on the US Server.

First, it was no effect and I thought this solution does not work, but after few minutes (5-10) I was able to log in, without any problems.

I am not sure if the issue was fixed or is it indeed the case that creating a new character worked. Try it Guys, if you feel like.

Update to update:

Quote from official forums:

Re: Problems accessing forums

Hey everyone!

Our investigations have caught the issue, and we are now working to resolve it. You should all see your access slowly be restored throughout the day.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your help, everyone! =^_^=

It turns out that the EU servers are still not incorporated with MyLotro

Apparently they started fixing the MyLotro site yesterday (for the Migration and such) and it messed up

Once you start a toon on a US server it sorts itself out. But any toon you have on the EU servers will not show in MyLotro

How does my getting a Server error 500 relate to migration though? I can see it in IE but not in Chrome

Technically, getting a 50x error code is perfectly reasonable. In fact, you really should throw errors like that if something unexpected happens and you can't recover. It tells any browser (be it your browser or search engines) that the page they are looking at right now isn't the actual page. If you can see it in IE but not Chrome, it's probably because either your IE version doesn't respect custom error pages, or they aren't setting all the required headers for a 500 error code.

There must have been some developments as a character I created on Crickhollow during migration is now viewable on MyLotro. My characters on the European servers aren't available yet.

Same here!

Both little alts can be picked on the forum, real 'alts' of Snowbourn still not available though :|

Same here!

Both little alts can be picked on the forum, real 'alts' of Snowbourn still not available though :|

I think Guys, we just need to be patient and give them some time as they incorporate our old chars into the system.

Q: When will my characters show up on my.lotro.com

A: We’ve disabled the character updates for my.lotro.com for the time being so we can focus our server resources on the migration. Once we enable it again your characters should be available and update normally. This can take a few weeks.

Im patient about my alts being added. What I'm impatient about is the fact I can't even view the forums on google chrome since last night. Its getting on for 24hrs..

With all the time that Codemasters has been providing accounts to users, there have been thousands upon thousands of created characters, so I imagine Turbine's first priority was to be able to get the characters from those accounts active in the game first and then set entry into MyLOTRO as a secondary/tertiary priority. If that's a correct guess on my part, then it's probably going to take some time.

(Disclaimer: I am not in any way defending Turbine by the above statement, but I have to stand by reason when limited evidence presents itself. However, you will be able to count on me, should any malfeasance show itself, to give my rather pointed point-of-view.)

Strange one this - didn't affect us all in the same way. I've had no issues at all and I have no characters on US servers.Can't see mine on myLOTRO of course but I've had no problems logging in and no error messages.

Ok, Ive finally got it working. I had delete my cache/cookies and lotro bookmark. Then log in to mylotro, from there I can now access the forums. The page that I had bookmarked kept showing the error 500 message.

I was having problems accessing the lotro forums yesterday on Chrome. This morning when I started up my web browser I was logged into the site as someone else - noone other than myself as ever logged into the lotro forums on my computer. Now when I try to report it - I get the same error as yesterday.

Ellie

I was having problems accessing the lotro forums yesterday on Chrome. This morning when I started up my web browser I was logged into the site as someone else - noone other than myself as ever logged into the lotro forums on my computer. Now when I try to report it - I get the same error as yesterday.

Ellie

I still have problems accessing using Chrome. I now go to http://my.lotro.com/home/ first and then it lets me in to the forums, any attempt to go "directly" to the forum page results in the errors above

Ellie

This has been a long-standing problem with the official forums and appears to be unrelated to which browser is being used. Users "frequently" get logged in on someone else's account.

How does that make you feel about their security over at Turbine, especially when your game account is more than likely tied to your forum account?

That's a known issue Ellie, though Turbine denies it being a problem.

A known issue? Damn Turbine - I really want Codies back :(

Thanks SoDT your fix worked for a few minutes anyway ;)

Ellie