Sign in to follow this  
Doro

Stat Tomes for Other Things?

35 members have voted

1. 1. Tomes of Ratings?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I was at work the other night, performing the same repetitive task, when a thought struck me. We currently have Tomes of Stats in store (and supposedly in-game, but that's extremely unviable).

Why not introduce Tomes of Ratings? Each tome would increase your morale/power/crit/off/outgoing healing/incoming healing for 100 to give a max of +500 with all 5 tomes (amount is provisional.

You could even introduce Tomes of Resistances (e.g. wound/fear), Tomes of Mitigations (e.g. melee/common/fire) and Tomes of Avoidances (e.g. block/evade).

I realise a lot of people will probably vote no because they're against the store, they think that this will mean more pay to win or they just don't like change but it may be worth actually thinking just how much of a difference 500 of these stats will make. Most will find it's more of a fine tuning option than a godmode option.

more pay to win

just how much of a difference 500 of these stats will make

The stat tomes are fine tuning as well. The shop-only relics are, too. Combine them, introduce more of those items in the shop, pay more, win more. So I would say no. Runes of Magic, anyone?

Even though my main is a Warden, and he is struggling by keeping all stats happy. I am a big NO against more store-only stuff. As you suggest now Doro, it results that people who want/can/will spend more money on the game, can be better equipped then people who run OD/BG with their kin. I am playing this game cos I like the lore/setting and because you are rewarded for your actions, not by your wallet.

So a big no for me. I am already disappointed in the store-relics, as a warden I really should buy the continuance settings :\

Fine with me as long as VIP subscribers get them free. VIP lifers, premiums and free players can buy them at store.

I think people are missing that they'd be available in-game too. I will admit that these tomes and current tomes also need to have a higher drop rate.

I think people are missing that they'd be available in-game too. I will admit that these tomes and current tomes also need to have a higher drop rate.

Pay to win is not the only problem I have with the new model. I prefer to not have to depend on randomness and potentially huge grinds in order to advance my stats. For some reason I'm okay with that for gaining cool weapons or armour or trinkets, but not for stats. So, I also voted no. Sorry.

I am against anything that gives an advantage for only being in the store. They may say stat tomes are in the game but U have never seen one drop..

If they are introduced they should be free for all VIP's, but I would rather improve my character through deeds and gear

I voted 'other.'

I would vote 'yes' if these said tomes (and indeed stat tomes) would drop as loot reasonably more frequently or as quest rewards. I wouldn't know where to set the limit of (coughgrindcough) effort to get these tomes in game, but the drop rate would have to be significantly greater than what it apparently is today.

These tomes would give players more choices in terms of gear and even if the gain from these tomes would be minimal over non-tomed character, it would still put those who have worked on (or paid for) their character to be slightly better. I remember surviving fights with mere <10 morale and thanking my gear and virtues. :*)

Why should lifers have to pay for them? VIP is VIP no matter how you get it

Cause neither lifers nor 2nd rate lifers aka premiums bring any sustained income. It'd give a intensive(and possibility to upgrade)to use subscription plan again. Yeah VIP is VIP, but imo it was mistake to give same VIP status to both subscribers and lifers. This results in store only exclusive items(which more will be added with RoI, than I'm sure of) or special preorders in $ only(to make bunch of lifers and 2nd rate lifers aka premiums actually pay). Monthly subscribers should have only fluff items and conveniences in their Turbine Store. Other things should be free for them as long as they are subscribing. That ain't gonna happen I know, but that's the way I'd see real hybrid model as atm we have regular F2P model with cash shop with advantages.

• Upvote 1

so ... what you are basically saying is, you are better than others, because you decide to pay a monthly fee, while others decided to do not and/or payed a fee once to not pay ever again.

man, you're quite the elitist, aren't you?

so ... what you are basically saying is, you are better than others, because you decide to pay a monthly fee, while others decided to do not and/or payed a fee once to not pay ever again.

man, you're quite the elitist, aren't you?

I'm in agreement with this. It seems he doesn't understand that the £100+ that some paid for their LTA is more than some VIPs have ever paid. Besides, I always pay for expansions. That would be a 'sustained income' if Turbine made expansions at the rate they should, so it's their fault anyway.

/agree

I paid the first year and a half per month and then I bought Lifetime for 120 euros. So saying that I should pay for stuff is a bit unfair.

I don't think it is our fault we are lifetimers, so don't blame us.

Cause neither lifers nor 2nd rate lifers aka premiums bring any sustained income. It'd give a intensive(and possibility to upgrade)to use subscription plan again. Yeah VIP is VIP, but imo it was mistake to give same VIP status to both subscribers and lifers. This results in store only exclusive items(which more will be added with RoI, than I'm sure of) or special preorders in $ only(to make bunch of lifers and 2nd rate lifers aka premiums actually pay). Monthly subscribers should have only fluff items and conveniences in their Turbine Store. Other things should be free for them as long as they are subscribing. That ain't gonna happen I know, but that's the way I'd see real hybrid model as atm we have regular F2P model with cash shop with advantages.

I agree with this. Paying VIP's are the only people that bring money in ( minus people who buy instore points ) I've paid nearly 4 times as much as a life time cost because of a fault codemasters showed me. So I think people who've played for years should or have them much lower. But we know this wouldn't hapen.

I agree with this. Paying VIP's are the only people that bring money in ( minus people who buy instore points ) I've paid nearly 4 times as much as a life time cost because of a fault codemasters showed me. So I think people who've played for years should or have them much lower. But we know this wouldn't hapen.

Paying 4 times as much as a lifetime account (around £400) isn't something to feel pride in and assume you should get more than LTAs.

It was your fault you didn't buy a LTA, it was your decision to spend over £400 on a single game (seriously, what the hell?) and it's not our fault Codemasters sold us LTAs.

We were the smart ones who thought ahead. Don't try and penalise us for that.

I disagree (with Fuin / Thorebane) entirely. Turbine deliberately made a choice to offer lifetime subscriptions. I believe the reason they did so, particularly at launch, was to guarantee a quick & significant return on the capital investment involved in developing a new product over a long period of time. Lifetime sub's are a gamble. You're sacrificing long term subscription income for short term cash return on investment. Roll dem bones...

If LOTRO had turned out a turkey those of us who took up that offer could have been left with egg on our faces. As it turns out, it's Turbine's marketing people that have been looking like uncooked omelettes for several years. I'd be prepared to bet that their projections involved a much larger number of subscribers (and probably of lifers, too). They thought they were going to be the next WoW. They were wrong.

That's not the fault of subscribers; it's certainly not the fault of lifers. We were prepared to stump up cash up front; subscribers weren't or (for whatever reason) couldn't; either way, didn't. How does that equate to lifers' contracts should now be broken? Effectively, that is what you & Fuin are arguing. It wasn't a contract for 2 years, 4 years, 6 years. It was a contract for the life of the game. Any argument that says lifers should be expected to suddenly start paying for stuff that other types of subscriber get for free is as watertight as a fishing net.

Paying 4 times as much as a lifetime account (around £400) isn't something to feel pride in and assume you should get more than LTAs.

It was your fault you didn't buy a LTA, it was your decision to spend over £400 on a single game (seriously, what the hell?) and it's not our fault Codemasters sold us LTAs.

We were the smart ones who thought ahead. Don't try and penalise us for that.

It was not my fault, When ever it was on sale so for us below £200 it never showed that for me, So when most people got it for £75-£100 it still showed on my account that it cost £200. So it wasn't my fault as codemasters never replied to my massive amount of emails.

It's a definitive and resounding no for me. Do you really want to strip the game from all its interest ? Once you have bought your virtues, your relics, your legendary legs, your scrolls of delving, your stat tomes and those putative ratings tomes what will you have left to do in the game ? In-game chat.

So, thanks but no thanks.

The scope of what's in the store has already gone too far. Bring back the SoA game that we all knew and loved!